TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

2.8

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

1st contact was from a recruiter - Second meeting was with the Regional HR manager who was fantastic. My third meeting was with a panel of Operations managers (Directors)

Interview Questions
    • it was unexpected to be in a behavioural based panel interview   View Answer

Merchandise Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied online and got an email to set up a virtual interview that had to be done in the next 3 business days from when I got the email. the interview consisted of 9 questions. You had 30 sec to read the question and think of what you are going to say before it recorded you. It was very scary. I am still waiting to hear about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked :
      what my career goals were
      a time I made an impact
      why I wanted to work for TJX
      a time I had to analyze data
      what an allocation analyst does
      math question
      a time I made a difference
        Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I spoke with the recruiter and applied through University career link. Within a week, I got an email to complete a virtual interview within 3 business days. The 9 questions were pretty straightforward including basic questions about what the job entails, one math questions, and a couple behavioral questions. Just completed the virtual interview so I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an allocation analyst and a product was not doing so well, why could this be?   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Trainee Interview

I applied on-campus and was offered an initial interview in a group setting. We had to discuss and present a case study in front of the recruiters. I was selected for the 2nd interview and was flown out to their headquarters. There were 3 separate interviews in one day, had lunch and a tour of the building. All of the candidates were separated into groups and we shadowed some of the employees for a bit. Overall, it seems like a nice company to work for and the recruiters are very friendly and chatty.

Free Lance Art Work Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2014.

I interviewed with two woman for a temp position. Interview process was OK. After interview, I sent emails to thank them for their time and interest. I have written two times to ask if any decision has been made. No response from them. I feet that If I can spend several hours of my life to interview with them, then they should have the decentcy to update me on the progress.

Interview Questions
    • Can I fit additional free lance work into my schedule   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

First round: screen with HR with lots of behavioral questions.
    Second round: onsite with three members from the team. Overall an easy, pleasant process. Some of the questions asked included why TJX, describe your credentials, past projects, etc.

Didn't hear anything from them afterwards till I followed up

Interview Questions
    • Things to consider when choosing a location for a new store   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

First experience was horrible - 8 hours spent interviewing over multiple visits with no follow up or closure. Second experience was faster and smoother even though there was were still multiple visits.

Interview Questions
    • Tried to solicit solutions for very specific situations that they were currently dealing with.   Answer Question
    expectations were pretty clear from the beginning - little or no negotiation

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I had interviewed with TJX before, but wasn't hired because they wanted to talk to my supervisor at my job at the time, but I didn't want them to know I was looking to leave without an offer on the table. The interviews were both very pleasant and relaxed. Mostly conversational about your knowledge of loss prevention and sharing old stories! The only odd part was the first manager wanting to talk to my supervisor when I had provided them our HR number to confirm employment. The second manager simply let Lexis Nexis handle all of my background. I applied online and received a call for an interview in about two weeks. At the interview, they had me complete some further paperwork for my background check. My background check was said to take between one and three weeks, but mine took about 10 days. Another guy hired with me at the same time took three weeks though. Overall it appears their interviews are more about what you know instead of how you interview which really helps those who know LP well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult shoplifter apprehension.   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate as they offered me what I had requested on my application and were very fair.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The whole process took about a month. Started with a phone interview, didn't hear back for 2 weeks and then was contacted for an in person interview. The second interview involved meeting with 5 managers, individually.

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2014.

Very professional. Had one over the phone interview and 2 in person interviews . The second interview was with the current AOM's . I believe the first contact was a very professional head hunter.

Interview Questions
    • How would handle working with others that applied for the position and you were hired instead of them ?   Answer Question
    Great company to work for , very pleased with the job