TJX Companies

Updated 13 Jan 2015
Updated 13 Jan 2015

2.8

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview was highly efficient; 1 interview, asked questions relating both to my professional persona as well as, my love for fashion. Next day, I received an email with an offer, thus, they were quick to respond which is unusual.

Brand Marketing Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The interview was very laid back and felt very comfortable. I was nervous going in but Allie was very easy to talk too. She asked mostly about my resume and what my strengths were. We talked about how important time management and organizational skills were for this position. She explained a lot of what I would be doing in this role and then allowed me to say how the skills I have would help me do the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is something most people wouldn't know about you just from looking at you or talking to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I had the interview awhile ago. I was called by the interviewing manager and came in for one interview. The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with basic behavioral questions being asked. After the interview, a couple of my references were called and I was later called and offered the job.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

First you apply in person. Next you get a call for an interview. Then after that you get a second call for an interview, and if all goes well you then get a call to say you are hired.

2015 Merchandising & Buying European Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

the initial application process for the TJX Merchandising and Buying Graduate Programme was rather straight forward, having to upload a CV, give additional information about education and employment and answer a few questions about why you were interested in the scheme. After about 2 weeks I received an email inviting me to undertake some online tests and a video interview. The tests were hosted buy Talent Q and I found the numerical tests more difficult than others I had carried out for other companies due to the strict time limit of between 60 and 90 seconds per question. The logical and Verbal tests however, were more comfortably completed. The video interview was hosted by Hireview, the format consisted of 10 questions which you were given 30 seconds to prepare an answer for and then 3 minutes in which to present the answer. You did not have to use the full 3 minutes however and could move on to the next question as soon as you were ready. There is no option to re-record your answers. The questions were not particularly unexpected. They included references to the off-price retail model and how that would affect both the buying strategy and the merchandising strategy (in separate questions) and also questions about personal experience which would make you relevant for the position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The interview was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. I went in all nervous and came out with a job. The interviewer was pleasant and nice. She asked a list of questions and afterwards, offered me the job.

The interviewer asked me when I could start and I said next week. That was it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I submitted an application form in person and was given an interview the same day. The interview itself was simplistic and was conducted in the gloomy, messy office of the hiring managers. I was asked mainly questions to verify my work experience and to confirm my availability and my understanding of the slightly-above minimum hourly wage offered.

Interview Questions
    • This is an 'unexpected' answer to a question that I asked during the interview. When I asked the hiring manager whether management would provide feedback about my work performance, she scoffed and said, "You sure will," implying that the store manager (who was sitting next to her at the time) was going to give a lot of feedback whether I liked it or not. That, in fact, turned out to be true, but much worse than I could have imagined.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase: Do you accept that TJ Maxx will pay you a minimal, non-living wage? Yes? Okay then, you're hired.

Allocation Analyst Interview

The hiring process was 3 pronged: computer assessments, group assessment and home office interviews. I would say the most challenging portion was the home office interviews, simply for the fact that it is speed dating style. You may interview with 3-5 people, which can be very tiring if you do t have your wheaties prior to.

Interview Questions
    • What is a market that you feel we haven't explored yet and why do you think it would be beneficial?   View Answer
    No negotiation, everyone starts with the same salary.

Merchandise Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied online, received a link to do a online HireVue interview a week later (got 3 days to complete it). After answering the questions, I received confirmation my interview was up for review and a TJX rep would be in contact, but was never contacted after.