Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

N/A Interview

N/A
Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

Interview Question – In Situation based round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Entry Level Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
" will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Question – suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Serior Software Test Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Interview Question – Nothing as such.   Answer Question

Merhandising Interview

Merhandising
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Interview Question – The question was based in Supply Chain.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

Interview Details questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

Interview Question – How do u sort 10 numbers!!!! :D   View Answers (2)

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Took about 3 weeks for HR to call. The job I originally applied for had been filled. HR asked if was interested in working another area. I was! Had a interview with the TL, and ETL on the same day. Went in a few days later to interview with the store TL ( Manager ).

Interview Question – If a item rings up at $19.99, and the guest says it was marked $17.99 on the shelf. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Clovis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online only and got a call 2 months later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and patient but the questions were somewhat hard. There was a lot of "when was a time" type questions that required me to stop and think to past experiences. Overall I was very confident about the interview but I got an email 3 days later saying they weren't interested. The entire interview process only took 5 days but was a waste of time and I felt like I wasn't even considered.

Interview Question – What would your past supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? When was a time you went above expectation? When was a time you worked in a team? When was a time that you had to multitask many things at once?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied to Target online on a Tuesday, got emailed back Friday saying they had questions about my application. I called back and they said they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I agreed and it was set for the following Wednesday at the Nicollet Mall Target in Minneapolis. I prepared very well, researching their silly star interview questions and whatnot and I had a good answer for every question they threw at me in the interviews. First I had an interview with a general HR lady, then a second interview with a pharmacist. At the end, she said HR would contact me by the next Wednesday (1 week later). But by Saturday morning they emailed me saying they couldn't offer the position at this time. I guess they didn't think I fit their peppy Target culture well enough. Meh.

Interview Question – 1st interview questions: Tell me about yourself, Name a time when you worked with a team to accomplish a goal, Name a time when you were juggling mutiple tasks and how you handled it, Name a time you went above and beyond your duties. 2nd Interview questions: Why Target? What experience do you have related to this position? Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you deal with it, If we contacted a previous employer what would he say about your strengths, How would you handle a situation where you're working at the cash register when a customer comes up and says a product is $17 but its really $19, How would you handle a situation when there's no shoes of a certain size for a parent's kid, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details I applied as a sales floor team member. I was contacted via phone one week later and asked to come in for a secondary interview since we spoke on the phone for a while. The interview was what would be expected. Relatively short and talked mostly about customer service.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!