Target

Updated 25 Nov 2014
4,458 Interview Reviews

2.8

Lead Test Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied through their career website in the month of May. Around two weeks after the submission, I got a call from HR. We had an hour long discussion going over my past experience, reason for a change, location expectation etc. I was told based on my discussion, the HR would get back to me.

It was almost a month, when I heard back from them for a telephonic interview with a Senior manager. The interview was scheduled for an hour. I was asked about my past experience, given a test scenario. It was more of a conversation and the interviewer never made me feel it that was an interview. After, the interview, I thanked the interviewer for her time and asked for a feedback (which came back from HR). The feedback was very positive and I was scheduled for a second round of interview.

This was little technical but nothing to code, again going over some testing questions, scenario type questions
    . I was again told to wait for the feedback. After two to three weeks, I was informed they would like to bring me on site for a face to face round of interview.

They made all the arrangements for the interview, and they are really good at it. I arrived a day earlier at Minneapolis, I was picked up from airport and put up in a nice hotel right at down town Minneapolis. I was told the interview was going to be at their head quarters right in front of the hotel. The Senior manager who took the first interview wanted to talk, so I left for the venue a little early. Their she explained me what the interview would be like.

There were 6 interviews scheduled for the day (an hour each). These interview were taken by different team managers and lead, while one of them was a VP (yes Vice President). All the interviews were technical and at depth, except an HR interview. The interview ended around 2:00 in the afternoon, after which they arranged for a cab to airport. I was told that, the decision would be made in a day or two and I would be informed.

I was very positive about the whole process, and was expecting a positive outcome. I received a call exactly as told and was made an offered. The package was good and I accepted the offer. However, I had to undergo a drug test prior to getting a formal offer.

I didn't negotiate but the offer was decent.

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2013.

it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
    " will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Questions
    • suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Merhandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2011.

questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in June 2010.

there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their interview experiences here, I definitely credit reading all of these to helping me get the job! If you're here because you're about to have an interview, if you read up here I think you'll do just fine (:

Allow me to also mention that the position I applied for was seasonal, but it doesn't seem like the interviewing process is any different at all.

When I applied for Target online, I was also applying for many other places, so I can't be sure how long it took for them to call me, but it was at least a week. They called me on a Monday, but I missed it and I called them back on a Tuesday. We set up a phone interview for 11am on Wednesday. On Wednesday, however, they didn't call me at the time they said (on the phone they did say this was a possibility, but to call the store after 15 minutes). I decided to give them an extra 30, and was about to call them around 11:30 when they called me. The phone interview was not with who I was told it was going to be, which of course is fine but gave me a bit of a look at how hectic of a workplace it may be.

The phone interview was 7 questions, asking things such as strengths and weaknesses, what my previous boss/coworkers thought of my work, a time where I went above and beyond at work, a time I worked as a team, a time where I worked in a time crunch, and questions about my availability. After I finished all the questions, the interviewer (who I found out is the Team Leader, so it may be the same in your case) told me she would recommend me for a second interview, and told me I'd be getting a call within the next week to schedule an in-person interview with an executive (sounds a bit intimidating, but it wasn't!). I got a call on Friday to schedule my second interview the following Monday.

When I got to the store, I was told to take a questionnaire on the in-store kiosks, which was about 20 questions long and very similar to the online application. I don't really remember any of them, but they were multiple choice, composed of scenario based questions and you had to chose the best response and the worst response for that situation. It was really easy. After the questionnaire I was told to go upstairs and let HR know I was there. I ended up waiting for about 30 minutes, because the managers ended up taking a late lunch, but after reading these reviews I expected to wait a while.

The interview was fairly easy, with pretty much the same questions as the phone interview, just reworded. They also asked me the same "What would you do if" questions they asked everyone else, about the out of stock shoe size and the customer who claimed the item was $17 when it rings up for $19 (A lot of people on glassdoor have said to just trust the customer, and my answer was something along the lines of 'trust the customer if it's not a big deal, if it is a great amount then ask another employee to check the price in a way that doesn't sound like i don't trust the customer' but all in all, i couldn't really tell what answer they were looking for). She asked if I was interested in hardlines or softlines, so have an idea of what area you'd like to work in before your interview (at the store I was applying to, hardlines is simply the tiled parts of the floor and softlines is the carpeted part of the floor. Softlines was clothes, hardlines was everything else). If you truly aren't sure at the time, I was told that you are able to transfer after you've decided, but it's possible that that's only at that particular Target. I was told I did well in the interview, and that when I went back in the break room, I would be job offered on the spot.

During my job offering, I was told it'd be $8.50 an hour, and I would not be drug tested (though this seemed a bit unusual, so expect a drug test). I was told I'd have an orientation within a few weeks.

Overall I had a very good experience, even though I was very nervous!

Interview Questions
    • If you read the questions they asked other people in the reviews on glassdoor, you'll be fine (:   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I wasn't planning to either way.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied on line and received a call 2days later to schedule for a one on one interview. I was given 2 interviews each lasting about 15minutes. The interviewers were very friendly but professional.
    Questions included Why Target, situational questions about guest services as well as Red card benefits.
    Also important are past experiences related to the job you are applying for.

No negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

To get past the first screening you have to pass a 1hr online test. The first part were a series of scenarios you might encounter as a manager. You had about six answers you could choose from, though some answers only differed by a few words. The next part was a logical portion i.e (It took John 30 mins to get to work, Sam came after john, Jill however got to work first, Who is Zack mom?) So you had 20 minutes to answer 18 of those. Make sure at least guess on all of them because you will get deducted points for not answering a question. Depending on how well you did this, you will get a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • ie) Jack says there too much work, and they cannot possible spend their time learning a new system. The team members agree, what do you do?   View Answer