Target Interview Questions

4,228 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2013.

it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
    " will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Questions
    • suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Merhandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2011.

questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in June 2010.

there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Executive Team Leader - Replenishment Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by HR. You interview with multiple higher level managers. The questions themselves are pretty routine, but each interviewer has a different set. They're all "Tell me about a time" questions. So have a 5 - 10 stories about experiences you had working or in school (for new grads) that you can relate to different facets of leadership. The questions are all organized around Target's leadership qualities, so each question is supposed to help determine if you have these qualities. These are the leadership expectations, broken down by functional area (Personal, Team, Thought, and Results):
    PERSONAL:
    RESULTS:
    Manages execution
    Drives for results
    Maximizes productivity

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a coworker or superior you struggled with and couldn't agree. I'm paraphrasing but it was something along those lines.   Answer Question

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Got a call to interview about a week in. Interviewed with a team lead, asked same questions on this site if u have experience in retail u will do just fine, told me i passed 1st interview (wed) and that someone would call me for a 2nd, they called me the next day to interview with a store manager for friday, she asked very easy questions and she even said she would consider me for a supervisor position because of my previous experience she mentioned half way in the interview that she was going to hire me but she would finish the intweview. She told me they would call me in a week for more info.

ETL Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

There can be up to two to three interviews for one position, so be prepared. They can turn you down at any point of the interview process. It's based on situational based outcome questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a boss.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

First I was called to come in for an in person interview. Then an hour before my interview they called and told me it was going to take place over the phone. After I passed the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview. Had to wait around in the back for a while because they were doing lots of interviews - people don't stay in this job for very long and I understand why.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - all the standard questions - Why do you want to work at Target? Tell me about an experience when...? ... All generic questions read off of a stander sheet.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. But they do give you an opportunity to change your availability before you accept - after that you can't change your availability for 3 months.