Target

4,760 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

written
    gd
    pi hr
    pi technical
    very easy to crack all the rounds ,,,be yourself u will easily crack it
    people are also not so serious ..very comfortable feeling ..just be confident at watever you speak

package 300000-400000
    people of the organization not so professional

Lead Test Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied through their career website in the month of May. Around two weeks after the submission, I got a call from HR. We had an hour long discussion going over my past experience, reason for a change, location expectation etc. I was told based on my discussion, the HR would get back to me.

It was almost a month, when I heard back from them for a telephonic interview with a Senior manager. The interview was scheduled for an hour. I was asked about my past experience, given a test scenario. It was more of a conversation and the interviewer never made me feel it that was an interview. After, the interview, I thanked the interviewer for her time and asked for a feedback (which came back from HR). The feedback was very positive and I was scheduled for a second round of interview.

This was little technical but nothing to code, again going over some testing questions, scenario type questions
    . I was again told to wait for the feedback. After two to three weeks, I was informed they would like to bring me on site for a face to face round of interview.

They made all the arrangements for the interview, and they are really good at it. I arrived a day earlier at Minneapolis, I was picked up from airport and put up in a nice hotel right at down town Minneapolis. I was told the interview was going to be at their head quarters right in front of the hotel. The Senior manager who took the first interview wanted to talk, so I left for the venue a little early. Their she explained me what the interview would be like.

There were 6 interviews scheduled for the day (an hour each). These interview were taken by different team managers and lead, while one of them was a VP (yes Vice President). All the interviews were technical and at depth, except an HR interview. The interview ended around 2:00 in the afternoon, after which they arranged for a cab to airport. I was told that, the decision would be made in a day or two and I would be informed.

I was very positive about the whole process, and was expecting a positive outcome. I received a call exactly as told and was made an offered. The package was good and I accepted the offer. However, I had to undergo a drug test prior to getting a formal offer.

I didn't negotiate but the offer was decent.

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2013.

it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
    " will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Questions
    • suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Merhandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in December 2011.

The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2011.

questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in June 2010.

there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I submitted a candidate profile online for this position and received an email from a recruiter the next day to schedule a chat. I talked to the recruiter on the phone for a few minutes about what the interview process would be like and answered a few general questions about why I want to work for Target and what I was looking for in the job. The entire process consisted of phone interviews scheduled through a recruiter at corporate. My first interview was with a store leader and I had a second interview with another store leader a week later. Two days later, I interviewed with the district team leader and 5 days after that I had my final, extremely short, interview with a group director. The recruiter emailed me about an hour after my final interview and set up a time to call me with the offer.

All of the interviews started with "Tell Me About Yourself" and then some form of "Why Target?" Then all of the questions were situational and needed to be answered with the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action Taken, Result). There was time for questions at the end so I got to ask some things about the job and Target. The first store leader was so helpful and nice and gave me some great feedback on my interview. I had a great feeling about the interviews throughout the entire process; the final interview was only about 5 minutes and that made me quite nervous, but I ended up getting the email from the recruiter not too long after.

The most important thing during the process was being positive and rehearsing your answers ahead of time. I looked up so many questions on this site and others so I could be prepared with answers. It is very difficult to think clearly and answer questions with the STAR approach with no preparation.

I accepted the job offer and will be starting my Business College training after I graduate from college. I won't find out until a little while before I start where I will be training at and I won't find out the store I will be working in until I begin my training or even later than that.

Interview Questions
    • These are all questions I was asked in the different interviews:

Tell me about a time you...
      -gave great guest service
      -made a mistake with significant impact
      -had a difference of opinion with someone but maintained a professional relationship
      -leveraged a team or individual to accomplish something
      -had to deliver constructive feedback
      -had to use active listening
      -had to take initiative to solve a problem
      -had to consult others on a decision that would affect them
      -received feedback you weren't expecting and how you handled it
      -changed your day to day activities because of a long-term goal
      -remained optimistic in in the face of difficulties
      -gave up a commitment to satisfy another

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was offered what I wanted. The salary is very competitive.

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target.

If you want this job, read as MANY of these interview reviews on Glassdoor as possible. The interview process for the ETL position is lengthy and challenging (4 interviews altogether, all behavioral-based), but they are extremely quick to let you know if you're moving forward and to schedule the next round. You have a phone interview first with a recruiter (I contacted mine through LinkedIn - highly recommend), then if you pass that, you are scheduled for an in-person interview with a Store Team Leader and a day or two later a phone interview with a District Team Leader. If you pass those, you are scheduled for a final phone interview with an HR market leader (big boss). They are extremely expedient to let you know if they're making an offer or not (I got my offer two days after my final interview). This is an extremely structured interview process that is the same for everyone. My interviews all went much longer than scheduled (don't aim to do that, I'm just chatty and don't know how to be concise). I received feedback from each person I interviewed with and they told me what I should try to work on for my next round and what I did well, so that was helpful. I thought my last interview went terribly so I did not get my hopes up for an offer, but what do you know....
    The challenging part for me personally is not knowing what part of the store you'll be over until the completion of your business college training (6 weeks). In addition, the salary, while fair, is for a 50-hour work week, and I have heard from every single ETL I've talked to that they frequently put in 11-12 hour days. You also don't know what store will be your permanent home until the conclusion of business college, so there are plenty of things to make you unsure of whether to accept the offer or not. I verbally accepted, knowing that I want something to fall back on in case I don't get any better offers by my start date. That's the other luxury with this ETL position is that they are completely fine with you not being able to start for months down the road (I'm finishing school first).
    You get two weeks of vacation and three personal days. Full benefits package with a dollar-for-dollar 401k company match up to 5%.
    Again, for most college grads, the starting salary they offer sounds high, but make sure you divide by 52 and again by 50 in order to calculate your hourly rate. I have not tried to negotiate yet as I don't have another offer in hand, but may try to negotiate with them before my official start date if I find something else.
    I was also told by the DTL that you are eligible for a pay grade promotion pretty early on (3-6mos.) as long as you're doing your job well. All in all, it sounds like a long work week, but they compensate you comparatively well, especially for being fresh out of college.
    My advice is for you to read as many of these interview questions, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, behavioral based interviewing (situation/task, behavior, outcome/result), and be able to speak to your strengths, weaknesses, and where you want to be in the future, making sure that it is aligned to what Target can offer.
    I am AWFUL at behavioral interviewing, but I tried my best to write out my answers to as many questions as I could find - this was somewhat helpful, but only 2 or 3 of the questions I practiced were asked. Reflect on your most complex leadership experiences and be yourself. It's an opportunity for you to learn how to interview and for you to shine. Show them you rock!

OH! And like everyone else on here has mentioned, DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR SAME ANSWERS if they ask you similar questions. None of the interviewers talk in between your interviews so they don't know what you said to the last person.

ALSO - the cognitive ability and personality assessment are HARD. Very hard logic questions - I have no idea how I scored, but again if you're serious about getting the job, try to practice somehow!

It seems to be a fair process.

Interview Questions
    • When you gave feedback to a subordinate, when you made an improvement to a process, when you had a disagreement with a coworker, when you made a mistake/failed, etc. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE   Answer Question