Target

3,610 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

N/A Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

Interview Question – In Situation based round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
" will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Question – suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Interview Question – Nothing as such.   Answer Question

Merhandising Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Interview Question – The question was based in Supply Chain.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

Interview Details questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

Interview Question – How do u sort 10 numbers!!!! :D   View Answers (2)

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details 1st: apply online
2nd: they'll call if you meet qualifications
3rd: 1 st interview is with the Team Leader over the phone (Target just started doing this about two years ago, I think it was a horrible idea, it's very informal and not personal at all!)
4th: If team leader likes the phone conversation, they'll call you in for a second interview (in person) with their Executive Team Leader.
5th: If the ETL likes you, HR clerical will come out and give you a job offer (at this time you are offered pay rate)
6th: required drug test within 24hours (if not taken within the time frame, you will be disqualified from the position)
7th: once drug test passes, than you are called in for orientation. (about an 8 hours day/paid with the last 2-3 hours of shadow cashier training)

Interview Question – Their interview questions are all "Tell me about a time" They want to know specifics: what was the Situation, What you did about it, and what was the outcome (Bonus: tell them what you learned from this situation) is how most target employers like you to answer their questions.

Most Difficult Question for a entry level candidate: Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a peer and what did you do to solve that disagreement (not an exact question, can't really remember any but questions are something similar).

Another question that candidates seem to find difficult (which is actually simple) What are your good qualities and what do you need to improve on? (do not say you do not have anything to improcve; everyone does!)
  Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details It was a two part interview. The first was with the head of HR and the second was with a manager of a section. The first interview was more of questions that you did in the past would help you now and the things you learned from them. The second interview was more situational in their store so how would you handle a difficult customer type of questions. My interview was planned but they didn't seem prepared for it because I had to wait while they found someone to conduct my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you went above and beyond   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered the position but they have this rule about drug testing within 24 hours and I didn't make it because the LabCorp was closed due to the weather and once I finally got to do the test it came out as a false positive and I wasn't allow to retest. I've never done drugs in my life.

Executive Team Leader Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I initially spoke with a recruiter over the phone after we had made contact via LinkedIn. I was excited after our first conversation. She was professional, intelligent and asked good questions, but also allowed me the opportunity to ask her questions in return without rushing to get me off the phone. She certainly represents the company well and I was excited at the possibility. I hadn't previously thought about Target as an employment avenue, but now I was quickly changing my mind.

She indicated she would pass me off to the local recruiter handling this area. He set up a time for a phone screen roughly 8 days out. At the day/time of the call, I waited about 10 minutes and finally emailed him asking if we were still on for the call. After 2 minutes or so, he called indicating he had been held up in another meeting. Not sure if that was true, of if he just forgot. But, doesn't matter. He starts off with, I know you spoke to Melanie already so what questions do you have for me? Interesting. Usually its the interviewer asking questions to start, but ok, no problem. I had about 30 questions prepared. We went through them.

At the end, he asked me strengths/weaknesses and no other questions. He then indicated they didn't have any openings, but he wanted to continue the process with me and would have me in to shadow an existing Executive Team Lead as part of the next steps in the process. Great!

A week after that I got a rejection email. Why would you tell me you're passing me on to the next round and then send a rejection email. Doesn't make sense at all? I can understand being told you're not the right type of person and respect that, but to say you're being passed on to the next round verbally followed with an email rejection is shady. I can tell you I no longer shop at Target. Not that it makes a big dent to them, but I won't do it...

Interview Question – First phone screen was behavior based with no real surprises. Tell me about a time...as long as you have your 'STAR's worked out, you'll be fine. Second phone, I was asked 2 questions: What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details It was fairly simple and straightforward. However, didn't get the job because I was seasonal. I would rather they not waste my time nor I waste theirs. I think it went well though. If you aren't seasonal, seem responsible, and have prior work experience with good references, there is no reason why you shouldn't get this job.

Interview Question – What is your most unorthodox way of solving a problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I had two interviews one with a team leader and then a ETL. If they both like you a person from the HR team will conduct a job offer.

Interview Question – explain your biggest accomplishment. What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Explain a time when you helped someone out and why did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All rates are set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice. All 3,610 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.