Target Interview Questions

4,103 Interview Reviews

2.8

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
    " will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Questions
    • suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Merhandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

Executive Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Met with one of the managers at the starbucks inside the target.
    Interview was only about 5 minutes.
    I asked simple questions.
    After it was over, did the drug test and started the very next week.

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target in September 2014.

Process took about a week. I applied online and got a call a week later to set up a phone interview for the next day. The interview was with the HR rep for the position's department. Very understanding guy. If I didn't have a answer for a question, he seemed he was ok with that. Not sure if that will affect the outcome. Now I'm waiting for the second phone call for a in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your current/previous employer, what you they say you needed to improve on?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silverdale, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, a few days later I got a call and we set up a phone interview for the day after that. They asked a few situational questions and then said they'd call me in about two days if I got the second interview. They called me 3 hours later that day and we set an interview up for a week after that. When I got there I had to fill out some paperwork that asked some questions but you usually have to do it on the computer. Then I had to watch a video about the position I applied for. Then I was taken back for the interview and she asked a few questions (situational). I thought I did well and she always answered back with a positive response like "excellent". I called the next morning to see when I'd get a call to see whether I got the third interview or not and the lady that answered the phone said "Elizabeth is the one who interviewed you, she must have put your application in the denied folder because I haven't gotten anything to call you" I asked her if they planned on even calling me to tell me I didn't get it and she said they typically don't do that. I don't know what was up with that lady but until I talked to her I thought everything went good. Mustve been my experience. They really want you to be all about the guests. Which I was. But they probably don't want to hire inexperienced people.

Interview Questions
    • If a customers item rang up as 16.99 bug said it was 14.99 what would you do? How would you want the customer to feel in that situation.   View Answer

MP Business Analyst Interview

For the internship, the process was extremely simple. A lot of the questions were behavioral based, so make sure you have concrete and specific examples so the recruiter can learn more about your management and learning styles. After the first round interview you will be asked to complete a basic assessment of math, logical, and verbal questions, and then a second round of more behavior questions will be conducted. The whole process in itself takes about 2 weeks, and I got an offer only a couple of days after my second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, I felt that the process was fairly simple. Just be sure to be concise.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!