Target Interview Questions & Reviews

4,046 interviews

2.8

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
    " will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Questions
    • suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Merhandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

Executive Team Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

-- I apologize in advance for the lengthy explanation. I attempted to cover everything as efficiently yet thoroughly as possible in case it would be informative or useful for someone. For everyone else, see the "TL;DR" (Too Long; Didn't Read) at the bottom. --

I applied online (6/24) for a few positions of interest, namely Sales Floor and Cashier. I followed up over the phone a few times before someone finally called back (7/05), and a phone interview was scheduled for the next day. The woman who conducted the interview asked a few basic scenario questions (e.g. "When was a time you sold something?"). Then she answered questions. She was polite and patient overall. I was told that my second interview should be in 2-3 days. However, it instead took over a week and following up again with the clerical team. Then someone called (7/15) to schedule my second interview.

When I finally walked in for my second interview (7/24), I went to Guest Services as instructed. Nobody initially seemed to know what to do with me. They placed me at one of their red application kiosks to complete a questionnaire. (There were about 50 questions, but every two were identical by glitch.) Then I informed whomever was available that I was done. I waited around quite a while, roughly 15-30 minutes if not longer, before someone showed up. A female Trainer escorted me to offices in the back and showed me two short videos about a few job positions.

After I watched the videos, I sat down with the Trainer and a management trainee for the interview. They were both amazingly helpful and positive. They answered any questions I had about the company/job. I learned about morning "Team Huddles", "4x4" (stock check), and auto-generated work schedules. The Trainer asked around five basic scenario questions from a paper (e.g. "When was a time something didn't go as planned?"). Then they walked me around the store to explain hardlines/softlines and the store layout.

Then I was taken to a manager's office. The manager went over the available positions and asked which one I would be interested in. I went for Cashier. She asked if I would accept the job if she offered it, to which I said "yes." I was informed that I would be contacted within a week before orientation. She handed a sheet with information to take to the in-store Clinic. I followed the procedures and completed the drug test then and there. Afterwards, I left the store and followed up a week later. I was told that the employment offer was declined due to pending charges on my background check.

----
    TL;DR:
    Applied online and followed up. Phone interview 11 days later that involved a few scenario questions. More following up. In-person interview 18 days later with short videos and more scenario questions. Talked to another manager. Drug test at in-store clinic. Followed up a few days later to learn my offer was declined.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you helped a customer?   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Applied online then got a call back 7 days later, I arrived then had an interview with a team lead then a second interview with the manager, it was a friendly interview it was great.Asked what is a positive trait, negative, experience, how to deal with customers .

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target.

Applied online in 2010, they got back to me a considerable amount of time later. Was interview by Cafe Team Lead and HR. They asked me about my experience and what I was capable of. Offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I was too young to realize I could negotiate anything.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!