Target

3,623 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

N/A Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details there was an written test which included aptitude and other technical related stuff.Then followed by GD,later was followed by the technical round and final one was the situation based round. Main thing is clearing with the written round and everything would be ok depending on the number of positions being open.

Interview Question – In Situation based round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details it was a telephonic 30-40 minutes interview. The interviewer was an expert on the data mining.The person asked me several questions about Random forest technique and about my project. The questions were of average difficulty level. One of the question was,
" will imputating missing values make a difference in the output of random forest."

Interview Question – suppose there are two data streams then how to find the probability that an observation belongs to datastream 1   Answer Question

Serior Software Test Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details I got a call from HR at one fine evening. She told me about the company and asked my roles and responsibility. After 2 days, interview was scheduled. All went well but HR told that they were expecting more. It was pure technical Round.

Interview Question – Nothing as such.   Answer Question

Merhandising Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2011.

Interview Details The Interview has 2 rounds. 1.Job Oriented 2.Personality Based

Interview Question – The question was based in Supply Chain.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much .

Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2011.

Interview Details questions on my project n about basics in most of the subjects that i had studied. Questions like what is Rdbms, oops etc..

Interview Question – How do u sort 10 numbers!!!! :D   View Answers (2)

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details 1st: apply online
2nd: they'll call if you meet qualifications
3rd: 1 st interview is with the Team Leader over the phone (Target just started doing this about two years ago, I think it was a horrible idea, it's very informal and not personal at all!)
4th: If team leader likes the phone conversation, they'll call you in for a second interview (in person) with their Executive Team Leader.
5th: If the ETL likes you, HR clerical will come out and give you a job offer (at this time you are offered pay rate)
6th: required drug test within 24hours (if not taken within the time frame, you will be disqualified from the position)
7th: once drug test passes, than you are called in for orientation. (about an 8 hours day/paid with the last 2-3 hours of shadow cashier training)

Interview Question – Their interview questions are all "Tell me about a time" They want to know specifics: what was the Situation, What you did about it, and what was the outcome (Bonus: tell them what you learned from this situation) is how most target employers like you to answer their questions.

Most Difficult Question for a entry level candidate: Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a peer and what did you do to solve that disagreement (not an exact question, can't really remember any but questions are something similar).

Another question that candidates seem to find difficult (which is actually simple) What are your good qualities and what do you need to improve on? (do not say you do not have anything to improcve; everyone does!)
  Answer Question

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Typically starts off with an initial phone interview. Questions include: Tell me about a time you had a lot to do in a short period of time, how did you manage that situation? Tell me about a time you had to work in a group to accomplish a goal. And tell me about a time you exceeded someones expectations.
After you pass the first interview you move on to a face to face. Sometimes they will both be face to face. It just depends.

Interview Question – They are not very difficult questions, but they can tell if you have prepared or not.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

McKinney, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details easy interview, customer service oriented questions,

Negotiation Details – only an hourly position

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details The interview took place in two parts. I first had an interview with a general manager; the interview was a general interview for working at Target, not for a specific position. The second interview was with an overnight manager. As such, the interview was not until 10 pm, which was an odd experience.
Two days later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Question – A woman is looking for shoes for her young child. There do not appear to be any shoes of a style that she likes on the rack in front of her. How do you proceed?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call back from Target within a few days. I was called in for a first interview. I was interviewed by a direct supervisor for the front end. He asked a few situational questions. The interviewer wrote down everything. It was a 10 minute interview. I was called back for a second interview. It was basically the same as the first except for higher up people in the company. It was brief as well. An HR representative came in after and offered me a position pending a drug and background test.

Interview Question – Why Target? Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice. All 3,623 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.