Target Interview Questions in Ohio

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.8

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Akron, OH (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview a week or two later. in person interview a week later. nothing difficult just experience questions, couple of "what if?"s "what if Its your time fro lunch but person next to thinks its their lunchtime"...was offered job after inperson interview, due to retail experience (with letter of excellent customer experience from last store), college degree, and open availability....GOT A NO THANK YOU EMAIL THE NEXT WEEK! who tells someone they have the job and then not? I called their HR to ask what happened/changed, first time i called the HR person "just left" at 2pm on a Friday, (no work schedule!, I could do that job). Got through to them on Monday, politely dodged question and gave political answer. Target lost out on a solid hire, and a Longterm customer by telling me I had the job in the interview and then deciding not to after without ANY REASON!

Negotiation

None, slightly above min wage

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Toledo, OH (US)).

Interview

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Columbus, OH (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was taken in during an off season, so it was an individual interview.
    I was asked the typical questions and required to give a substantial response.
    I was asked about my personal life, why I wanted to work at Target, and "what would you do if this happened" type questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had plans that conflicted with your work shift.   1 Answer

Instocks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Springfield, OH (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Got called back a couple days later. Went to an interview and got hired that same day.

The Interview is in 3 parts and if you get to the third you most likely got hired.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on Friday and received a call, which was a mini interview it seemed like. I was scheduled for an in person interview on Monday. I went in and everyone was extremely nice. I first interviewed with Sales Floor Team Leader. She was extremely nice and relatable so the interview seemed more like a conversation. She asked me to tell her about myself, why I wanted to work for Target, basic interview questions. She was really pleased with my answers and so she took me back to the break room and had someone set me up to watch a video. After the video, I had another interview with an ETL who was also extremely nice. Basically asked me the same questions along with a few behavior questions. Just watch the video and pay attention and you'll do fine. After, I was hired on the spot and went to go do my drug testing.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake on a project and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was offered $8.00/hr.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Fairview Park, OH (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview with one of the managers, interview in person with two different managers which took about 30 minutes, was required to take a drug test within 24 hours of interview, orientation meeting which took four hours which was mostly filling out paperwork and watching videos, also got a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you could improve on   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not a negotiation

Distribution Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Talked with her twice, both times were basic questions following STAR format. She set up initial on site interview for the following week. I arrived early for the interview and the security guard told me there were no interviews scheduled for that day. I reassured him that there were indeed interviews and I was there for one. After he sorted things out I waited for twenty minutes for an HR representative. She escorted myself and one other applicant through the warehouse on a tour. She then brought us to an office area and had us wait for our interviews. There were three separate interviews. Each with two people. The first was with the engineering / automation team. The second with the logistics side and the third with inbound/outbound. All interviewers were very friendly and the interview was again STAR based.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers say is your greatest opportunity and would you agree or disagree?   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

Target ETL Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. 2-3 weeks later I got an email to set up a 30 min HR screen. Was then emailed a link to take an hour and a half cognitive test, with basic math and strategy questions. Over the course of two months I had two interviews with store mgrs and one interview with a district mgr. I then had a final interview with a corporate HR manager. I received an offer by phone later that day.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions... Tell me about a time... Respond with context, action, results.   Answer Question

Target Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

When I arrived (half an hour early) I was taken to a kiosk to fill out an assessment. I was then instructed to wait in the snack bar until called. Half an hour after my scheduled interview time a sales person came out to tell me the manager would see me shortly, she was eating lunch! When the manager came out to speak to me it was the very same woman who had walked by me three times in the past half hour on the way to retrieve something from the snack bar.

I was taken to a room and asked to sign papers agreeing to certain work hours. That was before ANY type of description about job, pay, benefits, etc. I was then asked the standard questions. I had to inquire about the pay since that information wasn't offered to me. I was then instructed to watch a dvd and "someone" else would be in to interview me but that it might be awhile. I mentioned that I had another interview in 3/4 of an hour. (By that time I had already been there well over an hour). The manager left the room and the dvd sound went out and I was unable to finish watching the dvd. After waiting for 15-20 mins I finally tracked down someone and told them I would have to reschedule another day because I had another appointment.

Needless to say, I won't work for Target and I doubt I'll even shop there any more. The total disrespect to me and my time is inexcusable.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was getting pertinent information.   Answer Question