Tata Consultancy Services

Getting the Interview

1,795 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details I was hired in TCS through campus selection, there were 2-3 rounds.
1) Written Test, the written test consists of analytically + puzzles and multiple choice questions
2) Technical Interview, the technical interview mostly on the college project & training we did. They tried to understand what we learnt during the training and Project development.
3) HR Interview

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult however they were tricky and resembling, hence it is required to be ensure that the answer must be resembling.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Interview was good but induction is worst. No joining bonus and hard to negotiate with HR for the bonus

Interview Question – why do you would like make a change   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2011.

Interview Details I contacted the recruiter through another prospective candidate and submitted my profile. The recruiter got in touch with me for the initial HR round, which was followed by a telephonic interview, and then an aptitude test. Another HR round and I got the offer.

Interview Question – Analysis of the pharma industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved.... It was only one offer..

Calcutta

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2010.

Interview Details two interviews, one technical and one hr....process is good and transparent

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details It was campus placement. So, competition is pretty low compared to off campus placements.
First had analytical & english online exam followed by physcometric exam.
Then had technical interview with a panel of 2 members for 15 mins. Asked about myself, interests, why tcs, favourite subjects and why, asked few data structure and C questions.
Finally had HR interview as 1-1 for 5 mins. Asked about myself, few behavioural questions and am I willing relocate anywhere in India. Thatz it

Negotiation Details – No scope for negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details TCS were always the first company to recruit students from my college. It was more like a mass recruitment (something like going to a shop and buying 100s of chickens, only to kill them).

There was an aptitude test on the computer, some math and english. Was pretty easy to solve. There was then a group discussion on some random topic.
There was then a technical and a HR round. Each was for an hour (approximately).
The tech round was pretty easy for me, concentrated more on DBMS and related stuff. The HR round was general, more of a round to test my communication skills. The interview process was pretty decent.

Interview Question – I was given a schema and was asked to normalize it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no concept of negotiation if you are just out of college. You get paid whatever has been decided by the company.

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details The written round had aptitude kind questions. No questions on programming languages. The next was technical interview after like 2 weeks of the written. It was quite simple where they asked about my project and asked to write the code for a few algorithms like Fibonacci. The HR round was also surprisingly same as the technical but there was an additional interviewer who just observed me and my body language. Another question was why TCS and I started by the stats of TCS and that i know about the work culture. Lastly there was the MR round which was just a formality round where they asked about my work preferences.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question asked was what would we do if we are given an offer by a company like Microsoft and also TCS? Most of my peers said TCS outright but they wanted to see if we were being honest so they were rejected and the interviewers were very pissed at the answers. I said that it depended on the salary & the post and I wouldn't select Microsoft just for the brand name. They were satisfied with it.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Cochin

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2013.

Interview Details 4 rounds. Round 1- Technical. ( Computer Science in general) Round 2- Technical ( Programming concepts ) Round 3- HR ( Final year projects) Round 4- HR (Location, Package, etc ).

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations was possible.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2012.

Interview Details Attended OnCampus interview. First round was online test. It consisted of GRE vocabulary and Quants. Second round was interview. Asked how would you connect to a database using Java. JDBC driver. where do you see yourself 25 years from now.

Interview Question – Applications of RFID. Not difficult. But I was surprised by this question.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

Interview Details I had college campus placement. Questions were mainly on Logic design, C and Java. interviewers asked few puzzles to solve and asked me explain my pet project.

Interview Question – Sample program to calculate probability of user input matching roll of 2 dices.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was fixed pay for entry level