Tata Consultancy Services

Updated 25 Feb 2015
2,473 Interview Reviews

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

- Its a mass recruiter so you can expect a lot of hiring to be done via Campus.
    - The most important thing is to learn OOPS concepts basic at least, advanced better.
    - Considering the upcoming technologies like Scala, Clojure, Ruby on Rails, Angular etc. it is very very important if you have a very good knowledge of javascript (not java).
    - If you know javascript it could be a major leverage on your side since javascript is becoming a universal language and its true powers are coming up.
    - Always keep your tech radar up-to-date by writing blogs, subscribing to websites or tech news, playing around in Github. etc

Interview Questions
    • Learn questions on SDC (Software development Cycle), Javascript, OOPs

Few questions can also be

- Where do u see yourself in 3 years ?
      - Why TCS ?

Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Got a call after got referred from one of my friend through their internal portal.
    They asked me to come along with Resume, Current Salary Slip and their online form.

It was very simple. Started with 2 Technical rounds followed by one Managerial round and then closure with HR round.
    It took whole day to get completed and offering.

Interview Questions
    • Will you leave TCS if selected in Microsoft :)   View Answer
    It was tough for them as I was clear about my expectations.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

3 stage interview process. Candidate moves to next stage after successful completion of previous one. Their sequence is as below:
    -Technical panel is 1st mandatory
    -Management Representative (some senior business leader)
    -HR stage
    -Salary etc negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I attended TCS campus recruitment.First round was aptitude(i had direct walk-in,because i had good CGPA.)Next was a E-mail writing round.It was online test,we were given a scenario and we had to write an e-mail to the person specified in the scenario,It was easy.)
    Next was TECHNICAL round.

I was asked simple technical questions such as basics of C,basics of data structures,Unix commands,Software engineering models and questions based on that.It was not tough ie it was of moderate level.

Next was MANAGERIAL round.
       I was asked some basic managerial questions,Some situation handling question,etc.It was basically to check our confidence level.

Next was HR round.
      I was asked about my background,my skills,etc.Also they were interested know if we are aware of TCS bond,relocation,and so on.

Overall it was a smooth process.

Entry Level Interview

Very basic interview which took place after a written test. All mostly HR questions .they hire in bulk so nothing specific to prepare. Go with basic IT knowledge and showcase your interest in the firm

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at entry level

Software Trainee Interview

through a campus drive at my college.
    first the aptitude which is very easy to crack.next the technical round which tests only on ur basic of our subjects.and the last is the hr rounfg which is not much of concern.Be yourself and u can defnitey be IN.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad
    Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The Company came to our college for placement. The interview consisted of two technical rounds followed by one HR round. The interview was surprisingly very easy. I was not asked anything pertaining to algorithms or data structure or any complex logical problem. My interpretation is that the company wants people who are enthusiastic rather than some who are capable to start working at full force from day one. I guess this is also in accordance with their policy of training for new employees.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was easy. I never had to particularly use my head too much.   Answer Question

I did not find the compensation to be good enough for me

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Aptitude was very easy and ended up with technical questions. applied through college. it was nice experience. do not show your attitude thats important. it was a two day process.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Aptitude round is very simple, they have asked questions which are of easy difficulty level.
    Techincal round is the most important one , they ask all kinds of tricky questions and expect you to be confident and oppose the interviewer if needed.
    HR round is just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is they ask you to write the code on a piece of paper and they expect you write a error free code.(not even syntax errors)   Answer Question

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

It was a compass placement. We have all the three level interviews in one go. Very easy to crack it. Need the basic knowledge for it. Be good at PL/SQL and Core Java concepts. You can go through basic interview Questions from any site.

Interview Questions
    • Some of them are difficult depending on the interview.   Answer Question