Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

2.8

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Worst ever experience, guys they weigh each person on same scale, dont ever go for this company.

They will call you 2-3 times for the interview and wont respect your expectations ever.

Got a call on thursday (2 weeks back) from TCS. I told them my salary expectation & minimum hike I am looking for.I did appeared for technical interview on saturday.

I was asked very simple questions
    Eg. Which computer is required for iOS app development. The interviewer reviewing my resume, he told me that we cant provide you the salary you are expecting.

I had mentioned it clearly that if they can offer me a hike of 20-25 % then only I will appear for interview.

After 2-3 days, I got another call from them & was asked to be prepared for a telephonic round. I cleared that round and was asked to appear again for MR in Noida on next day. I travelled to Noida. I had an interaction with same person I met on last saturday. He told me that they cannot offer me this salary.

Worst ever exprience, even after setting expectations why was I being dragged in process if they cant provide me what I expect from them.

Interview Questions

Salary being offered was equal to what I was already drawing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Aptitude round of 80 minutes, then technical interview followed by management round and finally HR round. The selections from aptitude round were random. It was all luck. All of my friends who deserved more were left out. 300 were selected out of 700 after the aptitude round.They made offers to 250 out of these 300, finally.

Interview Questions
    • As I am not a technical guy, I was asked about programs on data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The 1st round was written-30 questions. Students who cleared 18 qualified for the (tech+hr)round next day.The entire process was very long and the management was also not good. had a nice experience.it is very easy to get through.hr round asks some basic questions like to introde yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

TCS encompasses one of the most exhaustive interview process. Everything begins with how you have been with your academics. It has an exemption criteria where students scoring above a specific marks are exempted. At my institution, Jamia Millia Islamia (a Central Univ), it was set as 8.77.
    The aptitude test forms the most challenging part, so getting exempted from it remains a breather. However, their difficulty level is not constant and it keeps varying on yearly basis. It consists of topics from probability, PnC, sequence and series, pattern recognition, work and time and almost all such topics you can think of. It lasts for almost 80 minutes. I, being exempted, had a rather easy going path.

It's followed by a 10 min Verbal part where they make you write an e-mail. The most challenging process is to use all the key-words that they have specified and address it and undersign it correctly. Those who have been exempted from apti have to appear in this round directly. No one gets exempted from Verbal Ability Round and YES, this is an elimination round, so don't be overconfident.

It's then followed by interviews. Interview is mostly conducted by 5-7 panels and here's where your luck factor comes into play. Here's how my interview went.

M: ME
    I: INTERVIEWER

Remember: Even after conducting interviews for 7 hours, I had a cheerful interaction with him. Carry a positive attitude with yourself. They don't want to see a gloomy face which would be repulsive.

M: Good Evening sir. (it was 5 p.m)
    I: Good Evening, have a seat.
    I: Tell me something about yourself.
    M: Told. I told him about my passion for writing and my publications in ToI. He asked a couple of questions based on that.

(Technical)
    I: Your favorite subject.
    M: Operating System
    I: Tell me about few scheduling algorithms

I: Tell me about different types of OS
    M: Told

I: Explain the entire concept of Memory Management.

I: What is thrashing?
    M: Sir, not very through with the concept. (He passed a gentle smile, which was not sarcastic).

M: Told him about few structures of memory which he never asked for :P

I: What are Daemon Processes?
    M: Told

I: What's the difference b/w Deamon Process and normal process?
    M: Told

I: What do you understand by Preemption and Non Preemption?
    M: Told.

After a good grilling, he switched over to a programming language.
    I told him I'm comfortable with C. I tried to hide Java to the extend that I even did not mention one of the excellent project I made in Java as Java Interviews are deadly :X

I: What do you understand by a pointer?
    M: Told

I: How do you declare an array?
    M: Told

I: How do you point a pointer to an array?
    M: Told

I: How do you make an array of pointers
    M: I have no idea what I told him :P

The guys sitting next to him got hold of my TCS Application form and found that I had mentioned 'Chat Server Application" which I forgot to remove from there.

I: In which language did you make this.
    M : (OMG!!!) Java

"Okkkay, let's play Java Java now. Something I never wanted to reveal.

I: Explain Polymorphism
    M: Explained in detail.
    It was this time when I was explaining on an A4 sheet, I saw one of the interviewers nodding in affirmation to the other. I got a hint that they are quite impressed.

I: Explain Function Overloading.
    M: Explained in detail.

I: Explain the difference between classes and structures.
    M: It was the most exciting part. We rather had an informal discussion where he was explaining me a concept and I was literally arguing with him (Remember, in a positive sense. I was just putting my concepts with confidence).

Finally I was done with Tech. & I was more energetic after leaving the room. The guy who took my interview was damn awesome, both in terms of his knowledge and attitude. He never tried to impose himself, nor to put me under useless trouble.

HR
    L: Lady
    M: Me

L: She introduced herself.
    L: Why you want to join TCS.
    M: Ma'am, it's not a streamlined product based company. I see it undertaking various projects and I can always find something that interests me.

L: Then why TCS. Infosys/Wipro, all do the same thing. (She literally nailed me here)
    M: I gave a logical answer. I told her that TCS convinced me that it's the right company to work for.

L: Then if any other company would convince you that they are better, you'll shift?
    M: Ma'am, this is how the entire corporate sector works.

L: You aware of TCS policy?
    M: Yes

L: Why should I believe that you'll follow it?
    M: I respect human hours. Since you have given your time to me, I'll definitely reciprocate.

L: You have any issues in relocating in any other part?
    M: No, not at all.

L: Thank you.

PS: The best part of this was that TCS was the first company visiting the Campus & I got the job offer, making it my first placement too.

As of now. Because this was the first company visiting our campus.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Initial communication-They had asked us to fill up forms in their campus commune portal.The portal is well developed and it basically takes in all your details.The minimum requirement was 60 percent grade in 10th,12th.
    The placements themselves lasted for 3 days.
    The first day hosted the first round,it consisted of writing a email response(10 mins duration),then a aptitude round with 30 questions(80 mins time).
    In our university,approx 2300 people sat for the first round,1500 people cleared it.
    the second and day days consisted of interview sessions for the people who cleared the first round.
    Second round was the technical /HR round.Here people were split up into 4 different groups,IT,ITIS(information technology and infrastructure development),telecom and EIS(engineering and services).People were allocated to different groups based n the preference they gave in their campus commune profiles.Each panel group focused on questioning in their respective domains.
    Questions varied from person to person.For a majority of the people,basics of C programming were tested,questions related to final year projects were asked,puzzles were also asked.It goes without saying,technical questions in your domain will be asked.
    HR questions were simple and straight forward.They were keen on picking up promising and hard working employees.
    Approx. 1200 people were finally shortlisted and offer letters were sent within 1 day.

Interview Questions
    • question to all toppers/people with high CGPAs"Do you have any arrears",this question tests you attitude,they are dumb,they know you might not have any arrears.DO NOT SMIRK/take affront to this question.
      "Mr.X,you seem to strong in your technical side,why would you want to waste your time working for an IT company"
        View Answer
    There is no negotiation option(as far as i know)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I had only one interview with a panel of 3 members. The overall duration of the interview was around 15 minutes. They tested my knowledge on basics of UNIX commands especially grep and find. Then they moved on to DBMS and asked me to write a query for join operation for the given schema. I did that. Then they asked me about Python since I mentioned it on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durgapur, West Bengal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal

Company came to our college for Hiring. Nearly 600 candidates applied, out of which 281 got selected. First there was an aptitude round comprising of 30 questions. Then there was an email writing round which was an elimination round as well. After that two rounds of interview were there- one technical and one HR.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a wave and a signal? How to get JK flip-flop from D-flip-flops?   Answer Question
    I was given EIS (Engineering and Industrial Services) department.
    No negotiations on salary. Be confident and god in basics of your core subject area. ECE and mechanical are preferred branches for EIS profile.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan

They hire on the basis of aptitude test and email writing after that the technical MR and Hr round happen.Good Experience.Basic Question tell me about yourself and all that.Networking questions in technical

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

The hiring process of TCS included the following stages-
    1.Online verbal and analytical ability test.
    2.Interview: Technical round, Management round and HR round.

The online test is conducted and the results are announced in the evening. In case you clear the test then you are called for interview the next day.The interview day is a long day so take a good night's sleep and have a nice breakfast.
    My day started at 9 am. You have to wait till your number is called out. I had to wait for 4 hours before my turn came. The whole waiting process makes the interview challenging as the you start feeling tired by that time. After you clear the technical interview. Then you have to wait for the management round. In the management round, they try to build stress on you by criticizing you in-case you answer anything incorrectly. The trick is to be calm and know that it is something they are doing this intentionally! Now, if you get through the MR round, then you are called for the HR round in which they ask basic things like hobbies,relocation etc etc.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

1st will be aptitude round.After clearing that u will have to attend technical round,managerial round and HR round.
    Technical round:they test your fundamentals in whatever stream you are.It will be very easy just speak confidently.
    Managerial round:here they just check how well you can articulate thoughts and your communication skills.
    HR round:it is merely a conversational talk between you and HR so chill.

Interview Questions
    • Being strong in Technical subjects why do you want to join a consultancy company?   Answer Question
    if you are from non-it branch just ask for core offer and show them your skills