Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
2,051 interviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Applied through college campus!
    There were 2 aptitudes.
    1st- Normal Aptitude, Maths and Logical.
    2nd- Email writing
    After that, There were 3 interview rounds, technical, MR and HR. In technical they asked all about my projects, and simply 1 or 2 DBMS questions. In next round they asked me about my hobbies and strengths and weaknesses. In HR they merely asked about relocation compatibility.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if U were to explain Big Data and Hadoop technology to a lame person, how would U do it?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brahmapur
    Anonymous Employee in Brahmapur

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2012.

Its an off campus drive .
    It had been a Three round process.
    1. written test
    2. Technical interview
    3. HR
    Written test is all about general aptitude,quantitative aptitude and some reasoning .
    Technical Round is all about your some knowledge on basic study and your project details

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vadodara
    Anonymous Employee in Vadodara

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2014.

There was an apptitute test. It was pretty easy and it had quant questions, logical reasoning, and AR. Besides there were few verbal questions. If you have done CAT coaching, you will nail it. Also we had to write an essay to prove our writing skills. After that we had 2 interviews, 1 tech and 1 HR. Questions were pretty basic, some sorting algo, trees, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a Dynamic programming question which i couldn;t asnwer   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

TCS hires from College campus, TCS hires from Bring Your buddy i.e. employees acn refer other experienced person and then interview will be conducted if required, TCS hires from Lateral Hiring and TCS hires from Walk ins.

Fresher Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview. very difficult process only those who have written gate can clear the interview

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lucknow
    Anonymous Employee in Lucknow

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

There was an aptitude test,followed by a technical round,after which MR round and finally HR round was held.Some people had to appear more than once for the MR and HR rounds.
    I was out in the technical round.The questions they asked were technical as well as non-technical(logical reasoning,puzzle solving,etc).
    What I felt was wrong during the entire interview was that the interviewer had a laptop,and he was asking questions from me directly off the internet,and when I couldn't answer the question and asked for the solution,he simpy said,"browse for the solution on the internet".
    Now I don't blame the entire company,just this one interviewer(because 3 of my friends also got selected,mind it,not from this interviewer) because some other students that I knew were very intelligent couldn't make it past the technical round just because it was the same interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The logarithm questions he asked were difficult, though I don't remember the question now.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

apti then interview interview had two rounds 1st technical and managerial round
    2nd hr round

apti round had two sections 1st email writing 2nd quantitative ability calculators were allowed

interview took whole day as it was an off campus recruitment .

result was out in 1 week span on tcs portal

Interview Questions
    • hr round was a bit tough when it took over on my language skills   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dehradun
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehradun

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

TCS had come to our campus for recruitment.Minimum percentage required in Graduation is 60%.
    First round is Written.It is online test which comprises Analytical Ability,Logical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning Question.
    After getting through the written part,next round is technical interview.
    In Technical Interview the questions are asked on C,C++,Java and database.If you are from ECE branch as I was questions will also be asked regarding switches,gates,transistors.
    Then comes the Managerial round,here you will be given some situation regarding the peopleand solution will asked.Your future aspirations will also be asked so be prepared for that.
    Finally the HR round,here you ill be asked to give your intro,weakness,strengths and hobbies.Be confident and you will get through.

Interview Questions
    • Whole Networking was asked.Protocols.UDP.FTP in depth .BE prepared for such bouncers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.For Campus Recruitees fixed package of 316000 was given.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

It was a campus recruitment drive. I was an ECE student. They allowed students from all branches to participate. There were around 250 students participating. Candidates below 80% marks had to attend an additional online test. It tests the aptitude and writing skills of the candidate. Then there were 3 rounds of interview. Each was an elimination round. There were 2 different sectors to which the hiring process took place. EIS and IT. I opted to participated in EIS. The first round was technical. It was a fairly tough round. The questions were core related. The students who opted IT had simpler core related questions asked to them.
    The second round was managerial. Some fairly easy puzzles were asked. The third round was HR. he asked about myself, about my family, hobbies etc. Only one or two candidates were eliminated in this round.
    The process took a whole day even with the 30 interview panels. It started in the morning at 9 and ended at around 10:00 pm. Results were out by 10:30 pm. They selected 134 students including myself. Everyone received offer letters by 11:00 pm via mail.
    The process was overall a good experience. Most of the candidates individual process were completed in about an hour and half. Only elimination of the first two rounds were informed right away.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all relating the basics. If you choose EIS be sure you refreshed all your basic core concepts. They don't ask much about programming.
      If you are choosing IT, It is OK (for non CS students) to say that you don't know much about programming but you are willing to learn. Be ready to write at least one basic program. My friend just wrote the addition program and said he'll learn rest when he comes there. He got in! Bear in mind in that case they may ask something about your subject.
        Answer Question
    I accepted the offer right away because that was my first offer and they gave a deadline of 1 week to accept it. The pay was 3.14 LPA with job location anywhere in India.
    However they haven't sent the joining letter yet. Meanwhile I got a better offer and moved on.

IT Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

many rounds were there including written tests and then interviews face to face. people were getting selected based on their performance and dedication towards their fields. people from different fields were applying and getting through.