Tata Consultancy Services

Average Difficulty
1,981 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2010.

Interview Details Aptitude Test with maths questions in it. Followed by a Technical interview in a group of 2 technical experts and finally HR interview for judging on behavioral aspects. It was a fun process and friendly process, interviewers made me feel comfortable throughout the process. But a few do undergo through stress interview as well.

Interview Question – Programming for finding best of the 100 marks on paper   Answer Question

ASET Interview

ASET
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview Details Off-Campus
1)Written(Aptitude)
2)Technical interview
3)HR(GD)
technical interview contains general interview question like factorial program, fabinacci series, basic questions fro data strucuture, as i told my strong point is OS , they asked questions from memory management, page fault

Interview Question – General question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – as per company standards

Computer Consultancy Interview

Computer Consultancy

Interview Details Very systematic hiring process.There were four rounds
1)Aptitude test
Online test with aptitude and english questions.

2)Technical Round
They tested basic skills in your subject during graduation.Asked about why you would like to work for TCS.
Questions on my resume.

3)Management Round
Friendly interview. Certain situations were given and he had asked what would be my reaction to them.

4)HR Round
Friendly round. Behavioural traits were identified .

Interview Question – They simply test your subject basics. Asked a few questions to judge the level of patience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Interview process is very simple.
1st registered in online website then they called me for interview.
then the interview round started with online aptitude test
after online aptitude test next gd takes place.

Interview Question – In aptitude   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Tūmkūr

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details It was campus placement interview. They asked very basic questions. And the best part is if you are good at something then they will ask more about that, for example in my case I was into robotics and had won many compensations in colleges so they asked me only about that and nothing else.

Interview Question – Did not encounter any such question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was campus placement and for fresher. They had fixed package of 3.15 LPA

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Initially we should apply to the company using exclusive portal called nextstep.. its a connecting network between us and tcs. after that u will scheduled a written examination, upon success full completion we will be notified and then called for interview

Interview Question – why should i hire only u when three of ur friends had also attended the interview , do u think ur better than them   Answer Question

Gangtok

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2012.

Interview Details First we had to clear one written test. It was based on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning. Interview is quite easy. Few technical and few personal questions were asked. Most of the technical questions were from the basics of the programming languages.

Interview Question – "Why shall we hire you?"   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee
Bhubaneswar

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details Technical interview procedure:

This section is totally based on face-to-face interview. Most of the students were rejected from this interview.

Technical interview:
Questions will be asked form various programming languages like C, C++ & java. And interviewer will ask the questions based on your AREA OF INTEREST, PROJECT done by you. For every question, interviewer will expect an elaborated answer than the short answer.

HR interview:
It will be like stress interview. There is a possibility for asking the technical questions. But technical questions will ask to test the patience and coolness of a candidate. Some interviewer asks questions rapidly. Sometimes candidate will be asked to talk about current affairs. Candidates have to manage the environment and satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Question – Another name for pentium processor ?
What is cloud computing?
  Answer Question

Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details first round was written. It contains 35 questions of aptitude with negative marking. After that one personal interview in which they asked technical questions about engineering stream, final year project and in plant training. As i was recruited for Engineering services i did not have programming questions.

Interview Question – From my personal experience nothing was difficult. But the question about location constraint is sure shot and it might tricky like for me they asked if i would be placed in bubaneshwar without knowing their language how would i manage for which my answer was something like explaining my ability to take new challenges.   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details The first round is a test that would consist of a set of 35 aptitude come analytic problems. They are neither easy nor too tough to crack. Next would be an interview with a team of 2 to 4 HR s. They would ask behavioral questions, about undergrad projects, rarely puzzles and technical questions. It is pretty easy when you can communicate fluently in English.