Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
2,120 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

I had applied off campus on the tcs nextstep portal so first of all i had to give a aptitude test, it was difficult. Then we had a technical round, the questions were pretty general like check if a string is palindrome or not, sum of digits in a number etc. Then there were Mr and Hr round where they just check your aptitude and confidence and communication skills. Thats all.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

The hiring process of TCS included the following stages-
    1.Online verbal and analytical ability test.
    2.Interview: Technical round, Management round and HR round.

The online test is conducted and the results are announced in the evening. In case you clear the test then you are called for interview the next day.The interview day is a long day so take a good night's sleep and have a nice breakfast.
    My day started at 9 am. You have to wait till your number is called out. I had to wait for 4 hours before my turn came. The whole waiting process makes the interview challenging as the you start feeling tired by that time. After you clear the technical interview. Then you have to wait for the management round. In the management round, they try to build stress on you by criticizing you in-case you answer anything incorrectly. The trick is to be calm and know that it is something they are doing this intentionally! Now, if you get through the MR round, then you are called for the HR round in which they ask basic things like hobbies,relocation etc etc.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

3 rounds
    1 - technical round (normal)
    2 - management (normal)
    3- HR
    technical round was very easy.
    they asked simple java question also c,c++,network etc.
    also some extra questions abt your hobbies and oher work.
    also about projects done in college and events attended.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview happened as per expectations. Attended 3 rounds of interview. Got my final result after one week. i comes from wireless background especially 3G technologies and they interviewed related to my experience. Overall it was fair process

Interview Questions
    • some they asked related to call flows with IE's and i forgot to explain all IE's carrying in each message.   Answer Question

Service NOW Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Drive Description of the Walk In Drive that I have applied to is:

Date: 17-AUG-13
    Time: 09:30 - 12:30
    Location: Delta Park Lords, Plot B-1, Block EP & GP, Sector 5, Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata 700 091

Interview Questions
    • After waiting 3-4 hrs I got entry pass. I filled up the form and again lined up for queue. Then at the first interview the recruitment informed me that they do not have any specialist for Service Now so cannot finish the interview process.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Technical round followed by Management Review and HR interview. Very professional in their approach. Though a bit lengthy. My interview took place over two days. However it was hardly boring!

Interview Questions
    • Will you be staying with us at the end of the Bond period?   Answer Question

Their is 3 round
    1) apti 2) technical 3) MR and Hr.
    in appti their is letter writing and in technical they asked about basic question of your field. and in Hr round they asked about your family background etc.

Interview Questions
    • the question are coming from your qualification so try to improve your basic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

Aptitude round of 80 minutes, then technical interview followed by management round and finally HR round. The selections from aptitude round were random. It was all luck. All of my friends who deserved more were left out. 300 were selected out of 700 after the aptitude round.They made offers to 250 out of these 300, finally.

Interview Questions
    • As I am not a technical guy, I was asked about programs on data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2011.

It was a god process by their standards but not as per my expecations. It should be made more competitive.It coud have been made better by making it more competitive. It was sort of mass recruitment drive which is not what I had expected. Being the largest IT exporter of India, they should have a better standard of recruitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

You need to know the basics well. Aptitude, Verbal reasoning, Logical thinking, and basic technical stuff like programming, data structures will be tested. the HR round will be very tricky where the panel will analyse you as a person. It ll be the mass elimination round. So prepare well with the basics technically and improve yourself as a person.