Tata Motors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview Details lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Question – whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tata Motors in August 2010.

Interview Details hiring and interview : Hiring and interview process is systematic. there was written test and interview with panel members.initially thought it will be difficult. process was to question about the existing job role, challanges involved and how we overcame the difficulties. the process and methods used in the current role was also looked at .

Interview Question – Technical details about the vehicles was asked which was the difficult part   Answer Question

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance Interview

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance
Jamshedpur

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview Details 2 round interview ... Tech VC followed by F2F tech and hr round.. Basic questions on technicals.did not had a very detailed round.. But I guess coming from a reputed last company.. They thought I was sufficiently strong technically.. If you are aware of basic systems in auto industry combined with process knowledge.. You will not face much of a problem in interview.

Interview Question – Mostly basic questions related to position..nothing fancy..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiations on salary as they work in pre defined bracket..

Rānchī

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview Details There were 3 stages of the process
1.written test( comprising of technical question ,logical and quant )
the queston in non-tech were easy but technical level was good as for each person there were diffrent set of questions
2.GD just for qualification none of students were eliminated expect for two who dindnt speak any thing
3.personal and hr interview

Interview Question – questions were all over the subject as if none were to much difficult having a sound concept will take you through   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee
Pune

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in November 2013.

Interview Details A written test which included aptitude and branch related questions (Electronics in my case), was followed by a GD round. Group of 10 were considered at a time out of which 1 or 2 were selected. Then there was 1 interview round which was a mix of technical and HR both. 2 people took this round.

Interview Question – Name today's technology/application related to use of electronics engineering in automobiles.   View Answer

Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in October 2013.

Interview Details written test-aptitude(quants+verbal) and technical---------total 2 hrs
GD
Interview(HR+technical)

Interview Question – Asked about my fathers occupation and asked a questions related to that technical domain?asked about the fasters pitch ,etc...   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Tata Motors

Interview Details 5 rounds, hr, manager,case study, presentation,final with business head

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Motors in February 2010.

Interview Details It was brief with only one Hr and one functional interviewer . One round on functional expertise and knowledge

Interview Question – Nothing in fact   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Pantnagar

Interview Details I applied through the campus placement process. A notice was put up announcing that Tata Motors would be coming for placements the next week.

The first round was a multiple-choice aptitude test.
Next day, there was a pre-placement presentation followed by announcement of results of the aptitude test. 25 students were selected for group discussion round. After the GD, 13 students were selected for the interview. After the interview, 8 students were finally selected.

Interview Question – What to do you understand by techno-commercial role?   Answer Question

PGET Interview

PGET
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

Interview Details Selection Process – Test, GD, Interview
1. Test – Test was conducted by AMCAT, 2 hours duration – 4 parts (nearly half an hour each) – 1 Tech + 3 Apti. Level of the test – EASY!! . I was shortlisted for the next round.
2. GD – group of 9 students, 20 min duration, Topic – World without arms (GD topic of other group – Women security in India), 5 students from each group were shortlisted.
3. Interview – only 1 round (HR + technical). Panel consisted of 4 Interviewers.
Questions
- Tell me about you and your family
- Draw a free body diagram of running bicycle
- Draw 3rd angle orthographic view of a water bottle
- Why Tata motors?
- Your interests?
- What new can you bring in for the company?

Interview Question – An A4 paper cannot hold its own weight when held flat, but when folded from centre at certain angle it is able to hold a pen or any other object! Why?   Answer Question

Worked for Tata Motors? Contribute to the Community!