Tata Motors Interview Questions

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Motors.

Contacted the company through an employee in company .Sent resume to Human Resource official. Then called upon for interview.Very basic questions. Overall interview was easy. They also need a official letter from Head of Department or Principal before joining.

Manager Interview

Hiring process is very fast and candidate is Interviewed on his or her past work profile and accolades. There may be several rounds of interview depending upon the grade you are getting hired for.

Interview Questions
    Cannot negotiate too much as you are offered a grade based upon your no of years of work exp and qualification.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Motors.

lengthy process, takes lot of time. onc on board then there is no care from HR. No Bank account opening help. Onc ehas to go through lot of places to places for getting other departmental signs. Overall exhaustive day.

Interview Questions
    • whic author's book did you study in your final year of education?   View Answer
    nothing. No negotiation. Had to accept the offer.

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamshedpur
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tata Motors.

2 round interview ... Tech VC followed by F2F tech and hr round.. Basic questions on technicals.did not had a very detailed round.. But I guess coming from a reputed last company.. They thought I was sufficiently strong technically.. If you are aware of basic systems in auto industry combined with process knowledge.. You will not face much of a problem in interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly basic questions related to position..nothing fancy..   Answer Question
    Not much of negotiations on salary as they work in pre defined bracket..

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rānchī
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors.

There were 3 stages of the process
    1.written test( comprising of technical question ,logical and quant )
    the queston in non-tech were easy but technical level was good as for each person there were diffrent set of questions
    2.GD just for qualification none of students were eliminated expect for two who dindnt speak any thing
    3.personal and hr interview

Interview Questions
    • questions were all over the subject as if none were to much difficult having a sound concept will take you through   View Answer

Manager Interview

5 rounds, hr, manager,case study, presentation,final with business head

GET Interview

I applied through Campus. Placement process consisted of 3 rounds. First written test, then GD and Interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked completely about my major project which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

campus recruitment Drive

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize Horizons that you look in the company for yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Motors in December 2013.

Selection Process – Test, GD, Interview
    1. Test – Test was conducted by AMCAT, 2 hours duration – 4 parts (nearly half an hour each) – 1 Tech + 3 Apti. Level of the test – EASY!! . I was shortlisted for the next round.
    2. GD – group of 9 students, 20 min duration, Topic – World without arms (GD topic of other group – Women security in India), 5 students from each group were shortlisted.
    3. Interview – only 1 round (HR + technical). Panel consisted of 4 Interviewers.
    Questions
    - Tell me about you and your family
    - Draw a free body diagram of running bicycle
    - Draw 3rd angle orthographic view of a water bottle
    - Why Tata motors?
    - Your interests?
    - What new can you bring in for the company?

Interview Questions
    • An A4 paper cannot hold its own weight when held flat, but when folded from centre at certain angle it is able to hold a pen or any other object! Why?   Answer Question

PGET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

Step 1: Online Test, 2 hours Aptitude and Mechanical Engineering
    There were different sets which focussed on particular topics like what I had asked a lot of questions from manufacturing and solids. Other sets had questions which focussed on other topics. So, everything has to be prepared in core subjects. In-depth knowledge is not required, just cover all the subjects once. This applies to all the tests for core companies.

Step 2: Group Discussion (2+10 min).
    The topics for GD are very relevant to whatever is going around the world. So better be prepared to discuss on weapons, women empowerment, corruption, election etc.

Step 3: Final Interview (Just one)
    I knew it form seniors that the recruiters look for very basic core concepts and are more interested in the communication skills. There were three members in the panel: one HR and two seniors from their respective departments. The first question was the regular ‘Tell me about yourself’. I talked at length about my life at IIT K, schooling, thesis, PORs. I was interrupted when I was telling about my strengths and it all became technical then. They first ask for favourite subjects. It is not a problem if your favourite subject is not IC Engines, but try to relate things with the automobile industry. I was asked about Carnot cycle. I could not answer all of their questions about engines and was straightforward about not knowing about them. Be confident and try to get the hints that the interviewers provide. I told the interviewers that I hadn’t done any specialised course on engines and they were ok with that.  The questions then were taken from heat transfer. I answered all of them.

Show some interest in the profile and the company in your turn to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tata Motors? Contribute to the Community!