Tata Motors Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr 2015

3.1

GET Interview

Interview

campus placement later group discussion and hr interview

Interview Questions

• how you are better than others   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Aptitude test followed by technical and HR interview.... .. .. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. . ... ...

PGET Interview

Application

Interview

apti & TechnicalTest- I gave it for mechanical engineering.They had requirement for CATIA and manufacturing related job
     GD- it was tough as time alloted was only 5 min,
    Interview - should have basics clear at least

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Motors.

Interview

Interview was just a formality; no proper HR round. HR leaves all decision on HoDs, and just offered final compensation. Also, offer was made after medical tests.
    HR also did not object on technical interview, which was just for formality.

Negotiation

Initial salary expected very low (much less than expected raise in working company). Took 3 months for final negotiation, once I received raise in working company, then TML offered new salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Warangal).

Interview

Tata motors came to our college and the process consisted of first round aptitude test, 2nd was GD, 3rd was Technical, 4th was GD. Overall it was good experience. Panel members were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see the automobile industry in future?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Tata motors had started its selection process on December 1, 2014.They had taken an aptitude test which was conducted by AMCAT. Written test was easy, contained 4 sections, quat, verbal, technical and logical reasoning, there was no negative marking, and questions appeared only once in the screen, there was no option of switching back to previous question.

Tata motors had visited our campus on December 6,2014.They had a 30 minute ppt.Then,then they announced the result of selected candidate for interview, out of 15 much students, they had selected only 8,out of which 7 got placed.

After the ppt session, interview had been started. I was the first candidate to be interviewed. The panel consisted of three members 1 HR and 2 technical. Interview started with the same traditional question, “why do you want to join the company?”Then, they asked me question related manufacturing. After that, we had a long discussion about my project and intern. Since, I was a member of SAE India, they asked me few question regarding my contribution.

Overall, I answered the question satisfactorily, but I also consider that I was unable to impress them, sometimes your luck plays a big role. So, never lose a hope, anything can happen in interviews, always be optimistic.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors in December 2014.

Interview

Campus placement
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical
    Elimination by a discussion round

1 interview of about 30 mins: Mix of Technical and HR
    Questions about basic Solid Mechanics, Design of machine elements, masters thesis, internships
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Why TATA motors

Interview Questions

• Why is an I-beam I in shape   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tata Motors (Pune) in December 2014.

Interview

First I was called by the recruiter for a walk-in Interview and I got shortlisted there. After 2 weeks of that, I was called for a telephonic interview round and got selected finally. Then there was a Medical Checkup at Pune Plant. After medical fitness review, HR Interview was conducted. Then the offer was made based on my CTC expectation and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How do you find yourself fit to work for the organization ?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Resumes, Aptitude Test, Technical Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.
    GD topic: Quality is myth in India, Smart working vs hard working.
    Techincal interview: basic questions of power electronics - e.g. Difference b/w SCR and resistor.
    HR interview: simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Motors (Mandi, Himachal Pradesh) in December 2014.

Interview

It was Campus placement.
    Selection process:
    Shortlist By Aptitude Test, Technical + HR Interview.
    Aptitude has 4 sections: logical reasoning, Quantitave, English, Technical.

HR interview: simple question check your communication skills and other skills
    Techincal interview: basic questions on projects and technical facts.

Interview Questions

• Research going on in world for increasing efficiency of motor, engine, AC etc.   Answer Question