Tate & Lyle Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with someone in the US. They are not willing to a pay decent salary. The are looking for candidates qualified to make £100k and pay them £25. Stay away from this company at all cost.

Corporate Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager and HR. I spent an hour talking to each of them. They described their experience and view of the company, we talked about my CV and what I would bring to the organization. They asked many questions around how I would deal with people since it's a very matrix organization. We talked about my goals and what life style I wanted. I was given an offer the very next day and went back to meet the team within a week and took the offer. It was a very fast and efficient process and I couldn't recommend it more

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tate & Lyle in December 2014.

Interview

Went well, they were very nice and engaging. I had no problem holding a conversation with them. They were well prepared and very well spoken. They had questions and follow ups to all of the.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you faced, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

They speak with you one on one. That was the best part. Felt like they really cared to know me. After that the ball can be dropped. It seems like they only have 3 people in their HR department, and you're playing phone tag. The length of this whole process was ridiculous.

Production Engineer Interview

Interview

on site interviewed with multiple manager and senior managment within the company as well as got a tour of the process areas that they have. Got to have lunch inbetwen session to get a to know people inbetween interview sessions. Interview was long so be prepared to talk alot and have plenty of questions to interview the people you are talking to.

Process Operator Interview

Interview

Take a 3 hour aptitude/skills test along with other applicants. Test includes math skills, thinking skills, mechanical aptitude, visual comprehension, etc.

If you pass the test you will be scheduled for an interview. The interview was a few weeks after the test.

The interview is usually conducted by two groups of two people, some in management, and some representing the union officials.

After a successful interview a job offer is extended.

There is a week-long orientation process before being placed within the plant (you have no say which department you're going)

Interview Questions

• The most important thing they are looking for is a familiarity or at least a commitment to a safety regime since the number one buzzword in the plant is "safety." Do not tell stories that demonstrate risky behavior, aversion to authority, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is per union contract.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Very friendly.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (Decatur, IL (US)).

Interview

First a college interview by two people. Followed by an invitation for a plant tour and more interviews. A total of 9+ people interviews 1:1 and as a group. Each had different questions about our experience, interest and education.

Interview Questions

• The question relating to the corn smell in the plant was difficult to answer because it was a smell you didn't expect.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially interviewed for the transformation programme, however due to limited business transformation knowledge on the part of the main hiring manager the interview process got stalled.

I was then invited back for further interview within the company for normal project management duties, but still with the same set of criteria and requirements as for the transformation programme.

Very lengthy interview process and it seems the norm to be interviewed by 5/6 people either simultaneously or in sequence.

The interview process in general is what you expect from a FTSE100 company, competency based questions and scenarios of previous experiences and knowledge.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Met with HR Manager and EA, then chat with Hiring Manager. Standard interview questions about background, experience and skills. Chat about culture fit and expectations of role.