Teach for America Alumni Affairs Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Alumni Affairs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teach for America in September 2012.

I filled out the general application on Teach For America's website. I got a follow up email from them in about 3-4 weeks. From there I scheduled a phone interview, where I was screened for a few different positions, where I expressed my interest in a specific role. I then had a 2nd phone interview one week later, which was followed by a 3rd interview a few days after. The entire process was long, but I was so at ease with the staff. I did not end up getting the position, but was in the top 3 contenders. They were so nice, even when it came to telling me I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected questions, they were not trying to be tricky like in some interviews. They asked the standard questions:

"What core values do you identify with most"?
    "What are your thoughts on the mission"?
    "Why are you interested in this position/what do you know about TFA"?
    "What does leadership mean to you"?
    "Describe a time you took on a leadership position"?
    "How do you stay organized"? (They want a very detailed answer here)
    "Name a time you failed at something, how did you handle it"?
    "If we talked to your supervisor, what would he/she say you need to improve on"?
      Answer Question

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!