Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

3.5

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

First, I applied online. Then waited for the decision. Afterwards, I had my final interview. I was abroad at the time, so I had to do a virtual interview. The entire interview process was pretty lengthy.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in February 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward phone interview. Standard questions. Be yourself, but be serious about TFA. I enjoyed the interview experience thoroughly. The interview highlights what TFA stands for and without saying, they let you know what they're seeking.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult challenge that you've faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teach for America in February 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. It was not so great because it was clear they were reading from a script. I answered a question and then I was asked a very similar question right afterwards which showed to me they weren't listening to closely but rather just following a script.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest course you've taken? Why was it so difficult? How did you overcome?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Got contacted by on-campus recruiter and was told to apply. I applied, didn't have to do a phone interview, and was moved on to the final interview. The final interview was in group format and they gave us a scenario to discuss and a quick 5 minute teaching lesson. After that, we had one on one interviews with our group interview facilitators.

Interview Questions

I felt like I wanted to do something else with my career projectile and if I didn't have a great passion for TFA after the interview process then I probably shouldn't waste their time by not putting my all into being a corps member.

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Interview process took over a month, but it was a great experience. You get to learn about the organization and how you can make an impact. Make sure you express your passion and be involved in the group portion of the interview. Be confident and you will do well!

Teaching Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Interview process takes about a month. There are many components: application, phone interview, 2 recommendations, test, and a whole day interview. The day interview consisted of four parts. Each candidate prepares a teaching sample. Then, here is a group activity followed by questions. In the afternoon, each candidate has a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a students in being unresponsive?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, in-person interview, Acceptance (specific location) - You cannot negotiate the location after you are accepted, you either accept the position or don't. I was place in a rural location in Washington and that means you can only apply to schools in that region.

Interview Questions

• What would cause you to leave this position in the next two years?   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Starts off with basic GPA and general info. The next round is a phone interview and short essay questionaire. All of the interviewers were personal and easy to talk with. The final round involved a five minute lesson plan, a group activity, and a one on one interview. Make sure that you positively contribute to the group activity, and listen to the other applicants ideas. The one on one interview was easy going and friendly.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long and way too serious. There are like 5 steps before you even get accepted. Then from there you have to accept before you get a placement. I made it to the phone interview process but did not make it past that. I thought I had a good phone interview, but something that happens. I think they do look for people who have quite a bit of experience with children. Also if you do get past the phone interview and in person interview and get an offer, you could get an offer anywhere and for any grade. It felt like you were gambling.

Interview Questions

• When did you disagree with a policy your manager has in place and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

It was a multi-step process. Throughout the whole thing I felt like they were interested in what I brought to the table as a whole and not just my thoughts on education.