Technicolor Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014

2.9

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor.

Similar to what it should be. Nothing extraordinary to report here regards to communication to candidates.
    The ones who are on hold for some reason should be regularly contacted to maintain their interest in the company. Key issues that a candidate wants to be noted should be re-emphasized during the interview process i.e. a candidate must ensure that emphasis on matters like work timings, compensation, personal issues must be clearly mentioned at all levels of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If one is coming from same vertical give special attention when you're asked as to why do you want to leave your current employer if any.   View Answers (2)
    One states what one wants and they will get back with the offer. Not much room to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor.

basic skill test was given. technical round was given on the same day. was happy that they dint ask me to come on some other day just for technical round. thought that they are fast enough.

Junior Authoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor.

Hiring and Interview process was very transparent.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Technicolor in August 2011.

Skill test followed by three Technical interview and HR round

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor in February 2010.

Went well. All stakeholders involved in making the decision interviewed me either telephonically or face to face. An extensive reference check process (360 degree) was conducted prior to making the offer. This was managed by the senior recruiter. The offer negotiations were managed directly by the senior HR personnel in the company.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of as it was quite sometime ago.   Answer Question
    Good. A bit confusing as the senior HR personnel from the company were based in the US and seemed to have poor understanding of the job market dynamics in India. So it went a bit back and forth but finally settled with a number that I was very happy with.

QC Engineer and Sudtitling Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Technicolor in January 2010.

Read on the technicalities of movie making , frame rate, dept in 3D, Stereo, Mono, Dolby, DTS and all. Check out few BD or DVD disc flows before attending interview, brush up on your maths skills a bit, there is going to be an aptitude. You will have to catch bugs in test project, this will run for 20 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of that sort. If you catch all bugs and behave polite you have the job, there is no place for attitude this is not a sales job.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Technicolor in April 2009.

A QA engineer is expected to do two things
    1: watch a movie for it's entire length and debug any audio, video or subtitle issues
    2. Use a test plan or a checklist and find any issues in a DVD or bluray disc
    So the candidate has to have basic to mid level understanding of audio and video. Preferably subtitles as well, but there will be training provided later. Anyone from a movie background and or with manual testing skills and interested in movies is sure to land this job

Interview Questions
    • No brainers. An average person will be able to crack the test. Needs to have good communication skills   Answer Question
    Easy to get your price if you have the right skills and there is demand. Otherwise, may not get what you ask for

Internship In Computer Vision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Technicolor.

I applied through my university internship portal. They contacted me via E-mail and agreed to have an interview using Skype.
    During this interview, we spent time speaking about my studies and projects, as well as the previous internship I had.
    I had a few questions about probabilities, which were very easy.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor.

Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor in January 2014.

Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   View Answer