Technicolor Interview Questions

Updated 13 Feb 2015

2.9

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore).

Interview

Similar to what it should be. Nothing extraordinary to report here regards to communication to candidates.
    The ones who are on hold for some reason should be regularly contacted to maintain their interest in the company. Key issues that a candidate wants to be noted should be re-emphasized during the interview process i.e. a candidate must ensure that emphasis on matters like work timings, compensation, personal issues must be clearly mentioned at all levels of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If one is coming from same vertical give special attention when you're asked as to why do you want to leave your current employer if any.   2 Answers

Negotiation

One states what one wants and they will get back with the offer. Not much room to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore).

Interview

basic skill test was given. technical round was given on the same day. was happy that they dint ask me to come on some other day just for technical round. thought that they are fast enough.

Junior Authoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process was very transparent.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore) in August 2011.

Interview

Skill test followed by three Technical interview and HR round

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore) in February 2010.

Interview

Went well. All stakeholders involved in making the decision interviewed me either telephonically or face to face. An extensive reference check process (360 degree) was conducted prior to making the offer. This was managed by the senior recruiter. The offer negotiations were managed directly by the senior HR personnel in the company.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of as it was quite sometime ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good. A bit confusing as the senior HR personnel from the company were based in the US and seemed to have poor understanding of the job market dynamics in India. So it went a bit back and forth but finally settled with a number that I was very happy with.

QC Engineer and Sudtitling Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore) in January 2010.

Interview

Read on the technicalities of movie making , frame rate, dept in 3D, Stereo, Mono, Dolby, DTS and all. Check out few BD or DVD disc flows before attending interview, brush up on your maths skills a bit, there is going to be an aptitude. You will have to catch bugs in test project, this will run for 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of that sort. If you catch all bugs and behave polite you have the job, there is no place for attitude this is not a sales job.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Technicolor (Bangalore) in April 2009.

Interview

A QA engineer is expected to do two things
    1: watch a movie for it's entire length and debug any audio, video or subtitle issues
    2. Use a test plan or a checklist and find any issues in a DVD or bluray disc
    So the candidate has to have basic to mid level understanding of audio and video. Preferably subtitles as well, but there will be training provided later. Anyone from a movie background and or with manual testing skills and interested in movies is sure to land this job

Interview Questions

• No brainers. An average person will be able to crack the test. Needs to have good communication skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to get your price if you have the right skills and there is demand. Otherwise, may not get what you ask for

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hannover (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Hannover (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

general questions about project I have done. Details about several parts of the project. Then talk about intern time and salary. Finally ask whether i have some questions. Then I ask whether I have the chance to continue thesis there, they gived a positive answer.

Interview Questions

• What I have done in the project. Some details about the mathmatics understanding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went through a 2 phone screens,one from an internal recruiter and another via an engineer did an onsite. Onsite was mostly technical questions.
    Lots of questions about my previous programming experience,
    Questions were the standard garden variety "brain teaser" programming questions involving string manipulation and some questions on OOP; Some logic puzzles as well.

Interview Questions

• I was given a 100% logic question, no programming involved   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for a position online and received an email from an HR employee stating that my resume` was impressive and wanted to know what was my minimum salary requirements. After several email exchange, their HR set a phone interview and confirmed the time and date. The day of the interview, Technicolor's HR never called at all. I emailed and called a couple of days later to follow up, never received a call again. This is NOT the kind of company you want to be dealing with. UNPROFESSIONAL!