Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.7

Graduate Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests (5) - Numerical, verbal,deductive,abstract,spatial reasoning etc.
    Video Interview - 1 min to answer each question, 30 seconds to prepare each answer, 6 questions in total for the video interview
    Assessment Centre - Group exercise and face to face interview

Business Development Interview

The interview process has been smooth and relaxed, communication from both parts was very nice and the questions where relatively standard, very much based on cv and personal experience. The feeling is that they are very interested into you.

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Telefónica in October 2014.

At first, I applied online and after I submitted my application I received an email which asked me to complete a online test in 48 hours. Then I finished the online test. The online test is not hard, just stay calm and focus on the questions, you can find the answers. The next day, I was emailed that I got through and needed to finish a video interview within 7 days.

Interview Questions
    • In terms of the video interview, there are 6 questions and you need to answer most questions in 2 minutes. Most of the questions are behavioral ones like describe a time when you.. they also ask about the reason you apply for their company and the program. The final question they asked me isa little interesting, they ask about the password policy of O2.   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

The whole process was very fast paced, and everything was straightforward no cutting corners needed. I was browsing the internet looking for employment in my local area and I had seen that the local O2 store had positions available and vacancies being advertised.

I made a crafty visit over to the Telefonica careers website, filled out my details and sent off my application. I received an email 2 days later stating that I had made it through the first stage and had to arrange a telephone interview which was in 3 days time, booked a time slot via an email link they had sent me and submitted my preferred time.

In preparation for the telephone interview I searched the internet for the typical phone interview questions and typed up some answers for the few I found. The plan was to use these as rebound cushions in the worst case scenario, I was so psyched up for the interview that I didn't even need to look at my "model answers" Even the lady on the phone complimented me for how well the interview went, and how much of a pleasure it was talking to me She emailed me over the details and booked me in for a face to face interview the following week.

On the day of the interview I was so pumped up I walked into the store told a member of staff that I was there for an interview, she gave the manager a shout to which I greeted him with a firm handshake and a compliment on how the store looked *good first impressions an all*. He sat me down in the staff room and offered me a cold drink something which I have never had offered to me in an interview before? When things got started I was expressing myself as I usually would and was explaining myself clearly with a touch of the comedic flair to tip the balance which had the manager laughing. Face to Face interview lasted around 40+ minutes, took a copy of my passport and NI number shook hands and I headed off. As soon as I left the building I had this feeling that that interview couldn't have gone any better!

Got a telephone call on the same day offering me the position to which I accepted! Officially start next week, can't wait to see how things go! Massive thumbs up to O2 for their interview process!!

Process only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Asks me to show him my mobile phone

Can you explain to me what it is that you like the most about the iPhone 5C?

Can you explain what it is exactly that you dislike most about the iPhone 5C?
        View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Short time schedule for interviews and no structured ones. Lots of interviews and little information about how to follow up for future or previous interviews.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

Met with two managers who asked questions and made a decision to hire or not. I then was interviewed by HR, but only to make certain salary was acceptable.

Manager Interview

external screening, then AC

none

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in March 2014.

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
        Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica.

Applied for a position online and then didn't hear back from them until after almost 3 moths. I did online tests and was invited to a video interview. These were mainly competency based questions - nothing unexpected. Then I as invited to AC where we were asked to do group exercise and had 1 to 1 interview with someone from Finance team at Telefonica.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the time when you had to use your creative thinking to solve a problem   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview