Terex

Relevance Date Difficulty

BI Cognos Developer Interview

BI Cognos Developer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Terex in June 2014.

Interview Details I was told that I got selected and they took all my documents and after a month simply informed that position is on hold, Pathetic company , that I got back to them asking why the offer is not released even after documents are taken, They simply told its on hold

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details face to face interview in Hyderabad with the district sales manager head

Interview Question – being an engineer how could you manage this marketing job   Answer Question

HSE Specialist Interview

HSE Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Terex in September 2013.

Interview Details Initial interviews conducted by a recruiting firm. Slow to respond initially and I believe that the initial phone interview phase was the longest wait. After the initial "weeding" out process things went fairly quickly. I was asked to come to the local site and have an interview. It was a panel interview with the hiring manager and some HR folks. I was asked about my experience, asked about specific examples, and asked a few "routine" questions about EHS people in the field should know.

Negotiation Details – Not bad, tried to lowball somewhat on salary. In the end I got what I was asking.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Terex in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Question – Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

Interviewed at Terex

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter. Had two interviews. Both were relatively informal. I initially met with the hiring manager. During the second interview, I met with some of the additional staff. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was... When you get the newspaper, what section do you read first?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Terex

Interview Details It took about 3 weeks for process. I applied through a on-line job posting and the recruiter called me the next day. Interview is easy, one to one on-site interview, asked about some none technical questions and some personality questions. I got the offer 2 weeks after the interview.

Administration Manager & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Administration Manager & Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Terex.

Interview Details Pretty easy

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Moses Lake, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Terex in June 2012.

Interview Details Process was very long and drawn out from initial contact from recruiting service. Took many months between the time I phone screened for the position and the actual interview.

Interview Question – Wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the questions revolved around situation you would encounter while supervising with a few about lean manufacturing.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales/Marketing Management Interview

Sales/Marketing Management
Bothell, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Terex in January 2011.

Interview Details I found a position through an on-line resource and applied, and was contacted by a recruiter (positive experience) and screened. Based on that I was set up with an interview with the company's general manager (positive experience) who wanted me to come back and interview with a group manager. I did, and that's where it turned ugly. During the interview, she made a comment about their sales force being comprised of "white guys in their late 50's counting down toward retirement." Full disclosure: I am also in the same age/demographic group, but extremely motivated and hardly slowing down.

She realized her slip immediately and froze up; I smiled, mentioned something about being able to work with all types, but it was evident that I was going to pay for her bias and the interview turned frosty-- game over. The clincher came the next day when the recruiter called me to tell me they'd selected another candidate and "it was a coin toss" as we were "that close." I thanked her, then checked the position the next week-- sure enough it had reopened; so much for the "coin toss" candidate who allegedly got the job.

The general manager who'd passed me along left the company a relatively short time later, and I am not surprised. I was familiar with the last company he worked with and am sure he's appreciated where he is now.

I have to say I am grateful for one thing: in doing volunteer work with other "mature workers" during this period, I used this experience as an example of what can happen during the job-seeking process so it turned out to be valuable.

Interview Question – The age-bias outburst was blatent and unexpected, and frankly offensive. I doubt an interviewer would have made a similar comment regarding race, religion or sexual preference.   View Answer

Terex Response

Feb 21, 2014Admin

Hello,

My name is Natasha Valani and I work in the Human Resources department at Terex. First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for your interview experience with us. We
... More

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!