Terex Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.8

Country Head AWP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

Very Sketchy job description and sharing. Internal Ads were not correctly circulated thereby not allowing qualified candidates to apply. It was like the entire process was fixed. They have a process that says any role will be first advertised internal and only then if an internal candidate is not available, will they look outside. Most of the times they have decided on the candidate and are basically inviting other applications to fail against their choice. There is never any feedback and answers are usually very vague post interview

BI Cognos Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Terex (Bangalore) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that I got selected and they took all my documents and after a month simply informed that position is on hold, Pathetic company , that I got back to them asking why the offer is not released even after documents are taken, They simply told its on hold

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

face to face interview in Hyderabad with the district sales manager head

Interview Questions

• being an engineer how could you manage this marketing job   Answer Question

Global Trade Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Terex (Westport, CT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was probably the most efficient I've ever seen from a major corporation. It lasted 3 weeks from speaking with recruiter to interviewing in Westport, CT and accepting job. All the staff members involved were very very professional and classy! Awesome experience.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR has a phone screen with me. She promised to get back to him no matter I'm going to have an interview with the hiring manager or not. I did not hear back from them after even after several follow up emails. I took it as the way they did not consider your application.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

I applied through an online job posting and was contacted by a recruiter for an intial phone screen. After passing the phone screen, I did a phone interview with my manager - followed by a face to face interview with him. After that, another phone interview with an HR executive, phone interview with another sales rep and final phone interview with the VP of the division.

They are looking for sales people who can manage accounts, maintain relationships and obtain new accounts. Industrial sales experience is a plus but is not necessary.

They like STAR questions so be prepared for that. Center your answers around your ability to manage accounts and get new accounts and you'll be good.

Interview Questions

• How honest are you? What is the most important thing for a sales rep to do to be successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate on the base pay. They will give you more if you make a strong case but not a lot more.

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Terex.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview from their internal recruiter who was very friendly and professional. The next round of interviews were with the Controller and a series of meetings with other staff members. The last meeting was with the CFO. An offer was made shortly after the meeting with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were primarily related to the position, my background, my knowledge of the Company, career goals, and management/communication style. I believe they were looking for a good cultural fit in the organization.   Answer Question

For the responsibilities, the pay was below market rate although the Company seemed flexible regarding telecommuting, working off-hours, and overall seemed like a nice environment.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex in July 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with the recruiter who asked standard questions for example tell me about yourself, why are you looking for the job, why you would like to work for this company, give brief example of prior work experience related to the stated position requirement, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Also asked about what was my salary at the last job and my expectations.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Terex (Grantham, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV via email and within a few days I had a phone call from HR to ask if i was available to attend an interview. My interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was made to feel at ease from the very start, my now boss who took the interview was very friendly and full of enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• As i had previously worked for Genie I had a good knowledge of the company and I didn't feel I had any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We negotiated a salary and it went through very smoothly and direct.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Terex (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Terex website and over a month later a representative from the HR department called me and wanted to set up an in-person interview. The interview was set for 11am and everyone was right on time. For my interview it was a team of 3 employees and they were all very personable and not intimidating at all. All they asked me was to take them through my resume and then they based their questions off what I said.

At this time I have not been offered the position but only 3 days have passed since the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions came directly from what I said about my resume, so know yours front to back and be prepared to talk in depth about your projects, ect.   Answer Question