Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Written Test was conducted. After clearing that different tech rounds were conducted. mainly from VLSI/CMOS/Synthesis. They mainly keep focus on the basics. But those will be asked in twisted manner, they actually test the overall understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Different industry specific circuit designs were asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
    Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Questions
    • Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   View Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2012.

First there was a written round which consists of 20 aptitude and 20 technical. The questions were relatively simple. After one week they had face to face interview. Questions were mostly regarding projects that you have done in detail. Few questions about flip flops, clock divider and finite state machines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

They had approached our DCSE for recruiting interns for this summer. It was a work-from-home intern. WE will be taught the new language Lua. We had to do a presentation on the subject books of XII Bio, Phy, Chem.

Interview Questions
    • We were supposed to have a good knowledge on animation.   View Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

The interview was for an internship during summers-2012 in Texas Instruments, Bangalore. There was a written test first comprising of questions from subjects like Signals & Systems, Circuit Theory, Control Theory, Probability & Analog Electronics. Those who qualified were selected for the technical interview.
    The interview comprised of more technical questions from the same subjects as before, only this time it was very conceptual & involved questions which though could be answered orally without making any calculations, but needed decent understanding of the subject. They were a bit confusing as well & there was considerable chance of making errors too, errors which you normally wouldn't have made.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to an electrical system at its pole? Draw the bode plot of G(s)=w/(s+w).   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

First round is the written test, i took digital design but you have a choice of taking analog and so on.. you get questions ranging from basic digital electronics to vlsi and hdl, with general course questions as well in the mix.. its like an all round electronics paper with a bias towards digital design. you also have a general aptitude paper which you should be able to answer without too much preparation. apply your knowledge and you would be able to get through this round easily.

the next is the tech round, where they take a look at your resume and ask about your projects, then move onto looking at your thinking process behind a few of your test answers (i guess to eliminate the chance of you fluking through), and if you answered your paper with fair confidence you shouldnt have a problem. the interviewer mentioned in my case that my tech answers were average but my aptitude was very high which is why i was so high on their list..

The third round is a "casual" hr round, you are asked about your plans for the future, what your parents do for a living and so on. no issues here at all.

Interview Questions
    • since my tech answers werent very great and i wasnt confident of them i didnt expect them to ask me anything from the paper.. and the question he did ask was one i was stumped by but somehow had guessed the answer right.. unfortunately i dont remember the exact question   Answer Question

because i am working in a large scale project that is going international, hence unfortunately could not accept

Analogue IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

Campus Recruitment
    Written test - Analog + Aptitude
    Overall Interview spanning across all interviews - HR Round continually from morning to evening on multiple days
    Interview 1 - Basic Technical Understanding
    Interview 2 - Sales process, Communication Skills, Future plans, Interest in semiconductors
    Interview 3 - Final Interview with Director

Interview Questions
    • Offset Current and VOltage of Op-Amp
      Pole is given; find the time constant
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2012.

First was the pre placement talk... they spoke about the company and what they look for in candidates. Then we had a written IQ/analytical thinking test, consisting of one general puzzle, and one data-structure related puzzle. Then we had a group problem solving exercise. The problem statement was: How are you going to increase India’s medal haul at the next Olympics to 20. We were supposed to think individually for five minutes, discuss for 8, and one of us would go and present for 2 minutes. Finally we had interviews with three panellists; mine lasted an hour.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2012.

I cleared the aptitude test conducted in T&P of our college.
    It was a bit easier than the actual interview by the company experts. I found the technical part very easy. There were choices for selecting the subsection in the technical section of apti. Analog application associates,digital n its application,technical sales,etc. I went for AAA section which i found easier than the aptitude logical n reasoning section.
    But as expected, the interview was upto the reputation of the company. There were 2 interviews, technical followed by HR. Technical was based on very basics of electronics and those guys were clever enough to make us jumble in our answers.

Interview Questions
    • Any project work you have done before third year?   View Answer
    • How did you do that?
      Then a lot of questions based on the circuit components;
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview was a good learning experience. My interviewer was very encouraging. Basic digital questions. Some application oriented digital questions were asked. Be confident. Think well and answer.

Interview Questions
    • calculating propagation delay for a particular clock frequency   Answer Question