Texas Instruments

Updated 12 Dec 2014

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2012.

First Round was a paper Round, followed by two technical rounds and a single hr round if necessary. The technical rounds consist of basic analog and digital stuff that nobody pays attention too like step response of a capacitor

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the company suddenly handed you responsibility of a division despite your lack of experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The hiring process was conducted in the college and consisted of a written test, technical interview and a HR discussion. The written test tested the understanding of network theory, control systems, signals and systems, and analog circuits. In the technical interview similar questions were asked but this time not needing calculations; but an intutive approach was needed to solve tricky, and tempting-to-make-error-kind of questions. The interviewers were also interested in the kind of projects you have done and asked questions regarding them too.

Interview Questions
    • Finding input and output impedance of op-amp based circuit, the type of feedback used etc.,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

The process began with a pre- placement talk some 15 days before the interviews at the college campus. The company values, goals and stature were discussed upon.
    The actual selection process began with an aptitude test- regular CAT (Common Admission Test) level questions. There were decision making questions too which had no right or wrong answers- your perception about various situations were checked, which maybe reflected your job- fitness for Texas Instruments.
    This round was followed by two rounds of interviews- one HR, and another general. The HR was austere, and the interviewer from the other round was friendly- it was overall a very satisfying experience.

Interview Questions
    • "What were the questions asked to you in the earlier round- and how would you answer them if I asked you the same questions this round?"   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

one round apti, one round group discussion and then interview

did not negotiate

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Written Test was conducted. After clearing that different tech rounds were conducted. mainly from VLSI/CMOS/Synthesis. They mainly keep focus on the basics. But those will be asked in twisted manner, they actually test the overall understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Different industry specific circuit designs were asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchchirāppalli

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
    Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Questions
    • Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   View Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2012.

First there was a written round which consists of 20 aptitude and 20 technical. The questions were relatively simple. After one week they had face to face interview. Questions were mostly regarding projects that you have done in detail. Few questions about flip flops, clock divider and finite state machines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

They had approached our DCSE for recruiting interns for this summer. It was a work-from-home intern. WE will be taught the new language Lua. We had to do a presentation on the subject books of XII Bio, Phy, Chem.

Interview Questions
    • We were supposed to have a good knowledge on animation.   View Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

The interview was for an internship during summers-2012 in Texas Instruments, Bangalore. There was a written test first comprising of questions from subjects like Signals & Systems, Circuit Theory, Control Theory, Probability & Analog Electronics. Those who qualified were selected for the technical interview.
    The interview comprised of more technical questions from the same subjects as before, only this time it was very conceptual & involved questions which though could be answered orally without making any calculations, but needed decent understanding of the subject. They were a bit confusing as well & there was considerable chance of making errors too, errors which you normally wouldn't have made.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to an electrical system at its pole? Draw the bode plot of G(s)=w/(s+w).   View Answers (2)