Texas Instruments

368 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Intern Interview

Delhi

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview Details There was a written test consisting of mcq's and two rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – The main focus was on bit operations.
1. Find the larger of two numbers without using branching(i.e. use bit operators).
2. Given four character variables(8 bit),place them inside an integer variable(32 bit) one after the other.
  Answer Question

Ghaziabad

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

Interview Details The process began with a pre- placement talk some 15 days before the interviews at the college campus. The company values, goals and stature were discussed upon.
The actual selection process began with an aptitude test- regular CAT (Common Admission Test) level questions. There were decision making questions too which had no right or wrong answers- your perception about various situations were checked, which maybe reflected your job- fitness for Texas Instruments.
This round was followed by two rounds of interviews- one HR, and another general. The HR was austere, and the interviewer from the other round was friendly- it was overall a very satisfying experience.

Interview Question – "What were the questions asked to you in the earlier round- and how would you answer them if I asked you the same questions this round?"   View Answer

Analogue IC Design Engineer Interview

Analogue IC Design Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment
Written test - Analog + Aptitude
Overall Interview spanning across all interviews - HR Round continually from morning to evening on multiple days
Interview 1 - Basic Technical Understanding
Interview 2 - Sales process, Communication Skills, Future plans, Interest in semiconductors
Interview 3 - Final Interview with Director

Interview Question – Offset Current and VOltage of Op-Amp
Pole is given; find the time constant
  Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Technical Sales Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2009.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment
Written test - Analog + Aptitude
Interview 1 - Basic Technical Understanding
Interview 3 - Final Interview with Director

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was a campus recruitment

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tiruchchirāppalli

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Interview Details First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Question – Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   View Answer

Patna, Orissa

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2011.

Interview Details First round is the written test, i took digital design but you have a choice of taking analog and so on.. you get questions ranging from basic digital electronics to vlsi and hdl, with general course questions as well in the mix.. its like an all round electronics paper with a bias towards digital design. you also have a general aptitude paper which you should be able to answer without too much preparation. apply your knowledge and you would be able to get through this round easily.

the next is the tech round, where they take a look at your resume and ask about your projects, then move onto looking at your thinking process behind a few of your test answers and if you answered your paper with fair confidence you shouldnt have a problem. the interviewer mentioned in my case that my tech answers were average but my aptitude was very high which is why i was so high on their list..

Interview Question – About all band pass filter   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

the next is the tech round, where they take a look at your resume and ask about your projects, then move onto looking at your thinking process behind a few of your test answers (i guess to eliminate the chance of you fluking through), and if you answered your paper with fair confidence you shouldnt have a problem. the interviewer mentioned in my case that my tech answers were average but my aptitude was very high which is why i was so high on their list..

The third round is a "casual" hr round, you are asked about your plans for the future, what your parents do for a living and so on. no issues here at all.

Interview Question – since my tech answers werent very great and i wasnt confident of them i didnt expect them to ask me anything from the paper.. and the question he did ask was one i was stumped by but somehow had guessed the answer right.. unfortunately i dont remember the exact question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – because i am working in a large scale project that is going international, hence unfortunately could not accept

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

Interview Details I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Interview Question – Something to do with cache and DMA.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details The hiring process was conducted in the college and consisted of a written test, technical interview and a HR discussion. The written test tested the understanding of network theory, control systems, signals and systems, and analog circuits. In the technical interview similar questions were asked but this time not needing calculations; but an intutive approach was needed to solve tricky, and tempting-to-make-error-kind of questions. The interviewers were also interested in the kind of projects you have done and asked questions regarding them too.

Interview Question – Finding input and output impedance of op-amp based circuit, the type of feedback used etc.,   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview was a good learning experience. My interviewer was very encouraging. Basic digital questions. Some application oriented digital questions were asked. Be confident. Think well and answer.

Interview Question – calculating propagation delay for a particular clock frequency   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments