The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct 2014

1.9

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied in September and did not get an interview until October. It was a group interview with 6 people. Some questions we went in a circle to answer and there were some where it was a free for all, answer or don't if you don't want to. In all it was a good experience, the managers were nice as well.

Interview Questions
  • Choose an item you are wearing and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions
    • When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online. Got a call 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. Asked situational questions. Basic working experience questions. Also asking about sales experience and sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a time that you had to meet a sales goal or a goal? What was the goal and how did you achieve the goal?   View Answer
    No negotiation , I put $7.50 and they offered me $7.25 because thats all they could pay. I needed the experience so I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Submitted resume to store manager, accepted it and was told to apply online. Got a call a few days later for a group interview. Took about 10-15 minutes. Was hired the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online and then had a friend recommend me who was already working there. Got called one hour in advance a few days later for an interview in the back stock room.

Interview Questions
    offered minimum wage and i accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online within a two days I got a call back to do a group interview after the interview I got a call from the store manager offering me the position. Interview question was basic question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a example of a experience where you got excellent customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in September 2014.

I came in for only one interview. She asked me what brought me to the area and why I applied, why I'd be good there and then asked what hours I'd be willing to work/how many hours and how much I was expecting. I told her I have previous experience with Children so it would be a good environment with me & that hours/wage didn't matter to me because it was mostly about the experience, for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was why I applied.   View Answer
    She asked me when I would be able to start, during the first initial interview. I said Monday. She said, "Okay, we start out at $8.15. You'll work about 16hrs. Dress code is jeans, close toed shoes, and a nice shirt" then put me into the computer with my social security number, told me when to come in for my first shift & told me about when I'd be paid & how.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a week later. The interview wasn't hard, it was a group interview with me and one other girl. We just sat down with the manager and talked about our experience and why we're a good fit for the company, the usual stuff. Then the manager had the other girl and I go out on the floor to try our hands at working the storefront for a while. Overall the interview was easy and the manager made us feel very at ease.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to take the lead? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • You're in charge of greeting customers, a little boy is running around throwing clothes everywhere and a customer is at the same time asking for your help. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online, got called a week after to set up interview, basic interview questions assessing my resume. Asked situational questions like, "How would you handle a situation where there's a child messing up the store, and his/her parents not responding, and you have to greet people entering the store?" (multitasking question).

Sales Associate Interview

Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.