The Children's Place

Updated 28 Nov 2014

1.9

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online, and I had to take a multiple choice test. It wasn't hard, it was mostly common sense like: What would you likely do in this situation.. etc. Got a call a day later about an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
    Describe a time where you had to take the lead.
    Describe a time where you had a conflict at work and how you resolved it.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

The assistant manager was very nice. Really laid back normal interview. No crazy questions. It was more like a conversation if anything. The general manager was very rude and unprofessional. She said she would be in contact with me by Saturday the 8th to let me know if I got it or not.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the most and least about your previous jobs? Experience? Why childrens place? Etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2014.

-All online application, extremely time consuming.

-Recieved initial phone call for interview several weeks after completing application.

-Was a group interview, I had been expecting one on one (I was not informed otherwise).

-Initial interview was very casual, I thought I was locked in until at the last minute she said there would be a second interview (would have been nice if she had explained that in the beginning).

-Second interview was a one on one, also casual but touched on more relevant topics and typical questions.

-Wasn't "officially" offered employment until the following week.

Interview Questions
    There was none, she said she could only offer me $7.98/hr with no benefits, no commission, nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

One interview. Very easy and straightforward interview. Just asked about previous experience. The Manager was super sweet. Made me feel very comfortable and offered me a job right on the spot.

None.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied in September and did not get an interview until October. It was a group interview with 6 people. Some questions we went in a circle to answer and there were some where it was a free for all, answer or don't if you don't want to. In all it was a good experience, the managers were nice as well.

Interview Questions
    • Choose an item you are wearing and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions
    • When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online. Got a call 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. Asked situational questions. Basic working experience questions. Also asking about sales experience and sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a time that you had to meet a sales goal or a goal? What was the goal and how did you achieve the goal?   View Answer
    No negotiation , I put $7.50 and they offered me $7.25 because thats all they could pay. I needed the experience so I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Submitted resume to store manager, accepted it and was told to apply online. Got a call a few days later for a group interview. Took about 10-15 minutes. Was hired the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online and then had a friend recommend me who was already working there. Got called one hour in advance a few days later for an interview in the back stock room.

Interview Questions
    offered minimum wage and i accepted

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online within a two days I got a call back to do a group interview after the interview I got a call from the store manager offering me the position. Interview question was basic question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a example of a experience where you got excellent customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation