The Connor Group Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

3.1

Apartment Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Connor Group in September 2014.

Applied for the position. Was called within a week by a young woman who was in charge of hiring. I had been left a message from her and then returned the call that day. The next day I was at dinner at a noisy restaurant and took a phone call from her returning my call. She asked if it was a good time to talk and I told her no, way too noisy and I was at dinner. I asked her If we could set up a better time tomorrow. She said no she was off but Saturday was good for her. She set up a time, I accepted it and repeated the information back to her. On Saturday she never called, I then called her voicemail and left a message thinking I had messed something up. Never got a call, then a few days passed and I called them back and asked to speak with her. Someone else took a message and said she was not in and I could leave a voicemail. Once again I did. Needless to say I figured it was not meant to be because who in their right mind would go work for a company where they call you to talk to you, set up an appointment and then stand you up. If you were not worthy of their time why did they call in the first place?

Apartment Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Connor Group.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after submitting my resume. She left me a message, and even though I called her back and left my own message, it was 4 days before she contacted me again. I had a short phone interview, and then she set me up for an interview the next day. Upon driving to the property for the interview, I was informed that it was a video conference interview. The HR person asked many of the same questions from the phone interview. I was told that they have a 24 hour call back policy. When I didn't hear anything after 48 hours I called the original phone interviewer. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I received an email from her stating they were going with someone else.

Property Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Connor Group in July 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn and replied with my contact details. The recruiter called at 8am each morning and I was unable to answer due to being at work. I called back 4 different times on 4 different days and she was never at her desk so I sent her an email on setting up a specific day and time to chat. It took her 2 days to reply. The initial interview and the second "structured" interview were very odd and I was not given the opportunity to elaborate but my "results came back positive" for the next steps. The 3rd interview was set up and I arrived at the location only to wait for 10 minutes outside due to the location not being opened. The associate who let me in wasn't friendly and only said "Are you here for an interview?" I was told it was video conference which wasn't what I expected. He was very short and seemed to be distracted. He asked generic questions. I was not impressed with the interviewing process.
    I did research regarding the company and the properties owned in my location and they do not have a good rating or reputation.

Director Level Position Interview

Good info about company, including on Glassdoor. Looks like exciting place to work. Confusion and inaccuracies on their part about setting up interview times (I have recorded on voice mails), but nothing we were not able to resolve ahead of time. Many times they appear to just be going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual that one could not find on a list of typical interview questions. Mix of traditional and behaviorally based.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Connor Group.

I posted my resume on monster.com, a recruiter called me and gave me a phone intereview. The next day I had interview by viedo and then the my last interview with the regional manager the last day.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Connor Group in February 2014.

Had a phone interview, then a phone screen. They asked about 30 questions about ethics, etc. I was told they scored the answers, then called back within a few days. Never got a call back with a yes or no!

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Connor Group.

Initial communication was pleasant, but not thorough. Second round interviewer was seemed unprepared and not familiar with my resume.

Profit Center Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Connor Group in October 2013.

I had 6 interviews and after working here for a year I understand why. They only want to hire the best! Only the out of the box thinkers will make it. You have to strive to be the best....

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you? Not about your work history
      No one has ever asked me that!
        Answer Question
    They offered what I asked for!

Senior Level Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Connor Group.

Multiple interviews and an assessment

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Connor Group.

VERY Lengthy process. There are 4 interviews a job shadow and then you get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation that you were in at work and express how you handled it.   Answer Question
    They will low ball you big time. You must counter offer to get where you need to be.