The Gap Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.4

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

Very structured and systematic and interview time accomidating

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flatbush, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.

Gap Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap.

I went into the store to get an application and they interviewed me on the spot. They told me to then go home and apply online. After my application was done online I was to call the store to tell them that I had finished the application online. Then they told me my schedule and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me a outfit. Go find a outfit around the store and sell it to me.   Answer Question
    None it was my first job and I was still in Highschool at the time.

Associate Visual Merchandiser Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Gap.

Phone interview, In-Person Interview including at home project and on site project. All interviews are all about personality plus presentation skills. Individuals should be articulate and polished skills. As well as be a proactive thinker and creative. Good business acumen a plus.

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applied online and waited a week to call and asked if they were still hiring. I was put on hold for 5 minutes (I assumed she was pulling up my application), when she came back to the phone she asked me to come in the next day. The interview was less than 20 minutes and in a sitting area outside the store. I interviewed with another person. She was very lax and cool.She asked us a few questions about our previous experiences and availability and talked about Gap's flexibility in terms of schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer didn't like a product? ( After telling her about the most common complaints from customers from my old job)   View Answer
    Didnt have retail experience but asked for $2 more, they accepted because I argued for my customer service skills

Merchandise Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishkill, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

So pretty much my sister boyfriend told me that the gap distribution was hiring and so I went in person to apply and filled out a job application and then right after I got done I was interviewed then I passed the first interview which was your typical one on one interview and so then I went back a week later for the second interview which was a group interview/ getting a tour of place and so many people were there to the point to where they had to split all of us up into three different groups and so once you got with your group one of the workers lead you on a quick tour of the place and then brought you into a room where another lady was waiting for you guys and so they both interviewed you but they give you three cards to read and respond with your answer and right after the group interview was done they both stepped out of the room for a bit to discuss about who they want to keep and who they want to let go and so then they both came back in and one of the lady's asked for two people to step into the hallway with her and the other lady stayed with me and the rest of the group and so the lady who stepped out into the hallway told the two people that they didn't get the job and once she came back she told all of us that we had just gotten hired and so we went upstairs into another room to fill out tax information paperwork and payroll paperwork and to also get our orientation date and our hours and so after that was all done they told us that we have 24 hours to get drug tested otherwise they take the offer back if we don't get drug tested within the next 24 hours

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applied for the job online and was called to come in for an interview the next day. I met with one of the managers, he asked me my email, when I was available and explained to me what the duties of this job was. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and he didn't ask any typical interview questions. I received an email the next day telling me that I got the job and listed the salary as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!