The Home Depot

Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.2

235 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

This process is pretty easy - especially if you get hired seasonally. they are always looking for help and unless you aren't able to tie to your shoes, they will hire you. They just want to know about you, any prior experience in the customer serviced industry you might have as well

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out an application online. Few weeks later got a call from the retail headquarters. They asked simple questions relating to customer service. Then told me that she set me up a in-person interview. During the interview she asked me six questions basically about customer service and how I would react to certain thing. Overall it was pretty easy and always ask a question if they ask do you have any questions for me.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult... 1. How would I react to a rude customer? 2. What would I do if a customer had a concern about a product that I wasn't familiar with? they were pretty basic questions.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Two interview, a background check and a drug test. Incredibly nice people to work with. Excellent benefits, except they don't pay for medical. Excellent training program. You know what your doing when the training is finished.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bak, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bak, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Very short interview. Less than 10 minutes. Interviewer was unfriendly and acted like I was bothering her for being there. Neither my resume nor my application were reviewed or discussed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself and why you would be a good fit for Home Depot.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Initially applied online and received a email from headquarters telling me to call a number for a screening interview/call. After that I was offered a in store interview. Basic questions, all pertaining to customer service. Easy interview, now waiting for a call back to interview w/ the store manager.
    *update* I was called back for a interview w/ the store manager after 2 days. This interview was a lot shorter (5mins) and was really just manager verifying I was the right pick. Was asked to tell him about myself, and why I want to work there. Keep it customer service related. If you nail the first interview, the job is pretty much yours. Just make a good impression in the 2nd.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $9.25 in CA

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

The process was pretty basic and my interviewer was very informative and nice. He answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns. He was also very professional and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Why the Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to work in a group to get to a goal, name the challenges. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry or customer?   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses? How do you think working here would make them strengths?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. You either accepted or denied what was offered.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I got an email saying I would get an over the phone interview and they called later that afternoon, I answered about 5 or so questions and then they scheduled me for a in store interview with a manager. The manager was nice and he asked 6 question off a sheet of paper. He told me I definitely got a second interview and some one would call, which I'm still waiting on.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question