The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
1,371 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

Interview Details If you are called for and interview you are pretty much hired. First they call you on a phone interview, and if the lady/guy gives you a personal interview you are hired.

Interview Question – What do you know about the department?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Applied online and got an automated call about 2 weeks later. The automated call asked different questions: are you willing to provide a service within the standards of The Home Depot, are you willing to work part time?.... Then I was transferred to someone from HR. Was asked usual questions: Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work...were you the one in charge or part of the team, what was the outcome?. Then was given a date for the face to face interview.

Interview Question – In the online application I stated I could speak another language. Was asked to translate a sentence.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a full time position somewhere else.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Flooring Specialist

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details Great questions were asked in interview. As I had extensive knowledge in many areas and knew the lay out of the store, I was hired immediately. Being in the construction field helped alot. I had been in the store many many times and knew were everything they sold was located. For that reason alone I believe I was hired

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to give me more money an hour for my Knowledge

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details Easy, first phone interview, then meet with assistant store manager. They will ask stock questions, answer in a customer focused way and you will have no problems. Next store manager will interview, basically you have the job at this point, just going over schedule and and drug and background check

Interview Question – basic customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable, guess it depends on the area you are in

Special Services Associate Interview

Special Services Associate
Selma, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details Showed up to store and was sent to the back office for interview. Questions where asked such as - what is your previous job experience, how could you bring value to our business, how many years of customer service have you gone through, do you like to ask many questions when you're new in a company, etc...

Interview Question – Describe a time when you turned a complete horrible experience of a customer with the store into a great one before they left.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9.50 - I would definitely say I had multiple years of cashiering and customer service exp. - the more, the higher your pay will most likely start off.

Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details They had me do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. I didn't get hired, but they continually called me for a phone interview for 6 months. They interview They have terrible hiring practices. They were hiring for just 90 day incriminates so they don't have to pay benefits. My interviewer impressed upon me that it would not be likely to be hired on beyond 90 days that very few people do. It was over a year ago and I really hope that they have changed their hiring practices.

Interview Question – It was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Utica, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details Pretty simple questions if you have ever worked retail. A lot about dealing with customers. Had to interview with two separate people then they offered me the job. Must take drug screen within 48 hours.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation. They only pay $8.50 for cashiers.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details First, I applied online. I received a call over A MONTH after, to my surprise, and was interviewed over the phone, first by an machine and next by a representative, who asked me to 'Discuss a time in which I had to solve a problem or take a lead role in a position. How did you handle it?' and two other similar questions. The representative was impressed enough and set up an in-store interview for me promptly.

Interview Question – They will ask many questions about situations in your previous position. If this is your first job, just discuss times involving school and extra-curriculars that you had to handle something not everyone does.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview Details It was very smooth, nice and friendly, There was some brief questions asked and basically a feel to see if you align with the company, but overall nice. You are interviewed by usually the department head, the assistant manager of that unit and then the store manager. they all are pretty is going but themanager was a little blah. i guess he is more on the business end of things.

Interview Question – I do not think any question was difficult. I idea is to be honest about your skills, identify if you are a people person and move forward from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but was told about employee evalutions and how that would assist with an employee annual raise.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!