Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot
- Sales Associate (288)
- Cashier (259)
- Part Time Cashier (86)
- Department Supervisor (61)
- Freight Team Associate (36)
- Head Cashier (33)
- Lot Associate (31)
- Assistant Manager (30)
- Merchandising Execution Associate (20)
- Home Depot Cashier (19)
- Customer Service Representative (18)
- Store Manager (18)
- Merchandiser (17)
- Specialty Sales Associate (16)
- Customer Service Associate (16)
- Special Services Associate (15)
- Sales Specialist (13)
- Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden (13)
- Lead Generator (11)
- Garden Sales Associate (11)
- Department Manager (10)
- Lot Attendant (10)
- Merchandise Execution Associate (10)
- General Warehouse Associate (9)
- Flooring Specialist (9)
- Appliance Sales Specialist (9)
- Assistant Store Manager (9)
- Floor Associate (8)
- Garden Associate (8)
- Lumber Sales Associate (8)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI (US)).
Casual, brief the average retail interview process. Was hired same day as my second interview. Similar to any retail job. Had maybe one or two perks above but not much.
- Describe a time I had to handle a difficult situation between a customer/co-worker. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).
I applied online and got a call asking if I could schedule an interview, so I did. The day of the interview I was sitting in a waiting room like area and waiting two hours to get with someone, the person who interviewed me was alright, she asked about my previous work experience, and talked about Home Depot's history. From then, she told me I'll hear something if they're interesting. Sure enough the next day I got a phone call from someone in their HR telling me...they will not be hiring me, but they like my personality and asked for me to apply again (...Really?)
- If you were upset and under a serious amount of pressure how would you handle it at work? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at The Home Depot.
The Mgr and HR Mgr. quized me until they were satisfied. The interview happened in January of 2001 and they hired me within 5 days afterwords. I left the interview feeling they had already chosen me and sure enough I went to work quickly. They told me if they hire me they would send me to Home Depot College and they did and I learned the in's and out's of the job. it took a couple of months. and there were other classes later.
- Would you be satisfied with $14 per hr for now and we will give you raises as you do well. 1 Answer
Helpful (7)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at The Home Depot (San Mateo, CA (US)).
I think it's a phone interview first from an individual from Atlanta corporate office, then an in person interview with the asset protection manager. Store HR called me after the offer to stop a time to complete paper work, and drug screening appointment
- What's the best method to prevent theft at a retail store? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.
applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .
- tell me about your job experience . 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at The Home Depot (American Fork, UT (US)) in April 2015.
They email you telling you they'll call you for an interview with an automated system. Or you can call their phone number in the email.
The automated phone interview was super easy, you just pressed numbers to answer the questions and it was very straight forward. Then you're transferred to an actual person. There were about four interview questions which weren't too difficult, but not easy.
She then set up an appointment for an in person interview
- What is one situation where you went above and beyond what was expected of you when providing customer service? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA (US)) in April 2015.
my interview was quick and easy . She hired me on spot. I honestly had been calling and calling because if you don't call them they won't call you . I didn't go through the phone screen process. I just called the hiring manager and she told me to come in for an interview.
- what is the least thing you like about being a cashier ? What would you do if a customer asked you about a product that you didn't know about? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2015.
I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at The Home Depot (Trotwood, OH (US)) in April 2015.
Applied online and received an automated phone call from HR about a week later. Answered a few questions about whether I could perform the basic physical duties of the job, and was transferred to a representative to schedule an in-person interview.
I arrived at the store for my interview about 10 minutes early and met up with the Assistant Manager at the customer service desk. He lead me to his office at the back of the store where we conducted the interview. It was fairly easy, with questions regarding previous experience and what you bring to The Home Depot. The interview was quick and relaxed but still very professional. I was only in the office for about 15 minutes. At the end of the interview, he explained the next steps in the hiring process and what I should expect. He gave me papers to take to a local Urgent Care for a drug screening, and I had to consent to a background check. Was told if they decide that I am a good fit I would hear back in about a week.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at The Home Depot (Dunwoody, GA (US)) in April 2015.
Easy interview they ask a lot of questions about my customer service experience and how would I handle an angry customer the also ask me to tell them about a time I had to deal with a difficult customet
- my past experience as a cashier Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review