The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
1,460 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keller, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

You apply online, receive a call from a call center in which they conduct the first interview with three questions. The second interview is conducted in the store they select you for (when you apply the call center could select you for another store that is close to your home as well). I was asked to come one more time and conduct an interview with the store manager. After I was done with the store manager I waited another 3 days and started the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • when dealing with a customer tell me what is the process of customer service/satisfaction you would use from the moment you met the customer to the moment the customer is leaving the store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

very fast,not too many questions where asked person was very laid back and seemed very excited to have me apply there....went fast got the job right away filled out applications and was sent to do a drug test had to be done in 24 hours

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

I completed the application online, the process took two, got a call for a phone interview and then I scheduled an interview. Went to the interview, spoke with the Front End Supervisor, interview took 25 minutes, asked a series of questions and got offered the job on the spot and I accepted the offer. Home Depot are always in need of cashiers and they pay well starting off.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult question, just scenario questions.   Answer Question
    If you are in need of a job, take the offer.

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

The process is forever! They have to interview at least 3 people. The questions are difficult and have to be answered in 3 parts. Most of the time the person interviewing already has someone in mind, for the position making the process a bit unfair. It's very difficult to get an office position unless you know someone.

Any Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online. Then i had a couple of phome interviews, then face to face interview in store. Was made an offer within a week. Accepted the offer and after testing waited about a week for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked for specific examples of how I handled certain situations at previous employers   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Apple Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Asked basic questions, what would you do if, how would you deal with. Took an hour to wait for Hiring manager, Interview took 30 minutes, offered a job on the spot with very good pay!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

filled out app online, had to answer personality and what would you do questions, after I passed they called me for interview, and made in offer after two weeks. I had to take a drug test

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

The application process was rather quick, around a week or so I got a call from HR to do a phone screening and got scheduled to meet with the hiring manager for an initial interview the following week. Upon meeting with the hiring manager I got asked typical question such as What do you know about Home Depot, Why do you want to work here, and my personal goals. Introduction questions aside, the manager then proceeded to ask me questions off the STAR packet. I will admit that I was not prepared for this so I stumbled upon answering on the spot. It seems they grade you based on how you answer, every time I hesitated or repeated myself he would make marks on the packet. After 5 questions or so I was dismissed, and was told I would get a call in 2 days or so if I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I got asked where based off the STAR format. So, be prepared and be ready to mention scenarios either from school, volunteer work or past employment.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant/Loader Interview

I filled out an online application and was later contacted by a automated phone system to see if I was still interested. Later connected with a person who scheduled an interview. Actual interview lasted 20 mins with questions about possible scenarios about other employees an customer problems. Interviewer reviewed job details, company opportunities, training, sales incentives, etc.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

The HR was an hour and a half late for my interview, claiming she did not remember we even had one. She was not prepared at all, and told me she was hungover from the night before. She called all the managers and no one wanted to interview me. I was there for over 3 hours and I got the job right after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of situational question and past experience with customer service.   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!