The Home Depot

1,385 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Freight Team Member Interview

Freight Team Member

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and waited about 2 weeks to hear something back. I received a call and scheduled a interview with one of the supervisors. That interview was pretty easy and only lasted about 15 minutes. At that interview I had to schedule another interview with one of the managers. That interview took place about two weeks after and also was a very easy interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions really stood out as being difficult. A lot of scenario questions.   Answer Question

Resolution Expeditor Interview

Resolution Expeditor
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details I submitted an application online. A week later I was contacted via email to take a personality screening and skills assessment online. This test was relatively simple and took about 1 1/2 hours to complete. After completing the online assessment, the next day I was invited to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was routine. It involved me and the manager of the customer care department. He was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The questions S.T.A.R. based behavioral style. The email inviting me to the face to face interview had a link with sample behavioral questions. After the interview, I was told to have a seat for some in HR. She then escorted me and another gentleman applying for the position out. Based on other interviews on glassdoor, those that were hired were offered the job on the spot. So I am left to assume I didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – What make you the best candidate for the job?
Talk about you had a conflict with another employee.
Discuss a time when you had to accomplish a task quickly, and the steps you took to reach your goal.
  Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

Interview Details Don't miss the interview, as it is nearly impossible to reschedule another one. Once at the interview, it is fairly easy going as long as your confident in your abilities. They'll ask the standard interview questions, and you'll give the standard interview answers, and you'll start shortly afterward. Good luck and be confident. Remember, if you've got the interview, they're already interested in you.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details They had me do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. I didn't get hired, but they continually called me for a phone interview for 6 months. They interview They have terrible hiring practices. They were hiring for just 90 day incriminates so they don't have to pay benefits. My interviewer impressed upon me that it would not be likely to be hired on beyond 90 days that very few people do. It was over a year ago and I really hope that they have changed their hiring practices.

Interview Question – It was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Special Services Associate Interview

Special Services Associate
Selma, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details Showed up to store and was sent to the back office for interview. Questions where asked such as - what is your previous job experience, how could you bring value to our business, how many years of customer service have you gone through, do you like to ask many questions when you're new in a company, etc...

Interview Question – Describe a time when you turned a complete horrible experience of a customer with the store into a great one before they left.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9.50 - I would definitely say I had multiple years of cashiering and customer service exp. - the more, the higher your pay will most likely start off.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details originally, I applied for merchandizing position online. They called me a few days after and after a phone interview, they invited me for an actual interview at the store. I met the merchandizing team leader, cool guy, we talked for some time, he showed me what exactly merchandizing means since i didn't have experience with this type of job. Than he found out about my experience as store associate and dealing with customers. The questions were pretty common, nothing specific and nothing tricky. Remember, the main focus is customers and safety! The interview was close to an hour.

Later the same day he called me and asked me to go and apply online for cashier position and than call a different person and schedule an interview. I did that and the next day I was there for another interview with a different manager. This one was more customer service oriented and again nothing stressful or tricky, talked about my previous experience and than got scheduled for a second interview the next day. The next day I met, i think, the store manager, he was a little too serious but still nice. This is where I got offered a position and talked about salary. I was asked to go take drug test and than we were gonna talk about start day.

The questions were really pretty common for retail jobs. The focus is, as I said - customers and safety! Remember customers always come first, whatever you are doing and they come and ask for help and interrupt, you just smile and help with whatever you can. Do not ever make customer feel bad and worry about your personal problems or whatever could be stressing you at that moment. They should be getting as positive experience at the store as possible. And the other focus - safety! Learn and know the safety rules and follow them without exception!

Interview Question – What would you do if you get frustrated with a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
South Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details I was 15 minutes early, the manager was very kind and thanked me for being early. He asked me to wait for a few minutes and came and got me at appt. time. There were about 8 straight forward questions, which I answered that were common sense in regards tp dealing with the company.

Interview Question – What would be the hardest thing to deal with during a shift   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for what I thought they were hiring for, he said he wished he could do it worked on his computer and offered .75 less per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details I spoke with the store's HR representative. We went through a brief role play scenario where she pretended to be a customer buying a grill. They were looking for me to sell the accessories for the grill, (cover, tools, charcoal, etc). The next set of questions were morality based. One was, "an old lady comes in with a lot of money and needs a drill to hang curtains, what are you going to sell her?" Overall it's a pretty easy interview. Keep your answers steered towards selling the entire package for the job and doing the right thing.

Interview Question – What is one project you have worked on where you have seen it through to completion?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Contacted for interview after submitting application online. Two interviews were conducted with positive results. I felt valued and welcomed with the experience I had to offer. Position was accepted.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Garden Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Very Corporate. They ask a lot of questions and they're just read to you by other associates. It's not too intimidating other than they often hire in bulk so you sit in a room with a bunch of people waiting to be called in for you interview. They're not very good with scheduling.

Interview Question – Example of something overcome   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!