The Home Depot

Updated 12 Dec 2014
1,575 Interview Reviews

2.3

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied at a computer at a local home depot. I was called to meet at the port Charlotte store for an face to face interview. They asked me basic questions like have you ever had to follow instructions or please describe a time that you needed to help a customer.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to role play a scenario where a customer pays for something that cost him/her over 500 dollars. As they walk out the alarm goes off. You would then try to make sure you scanned everything and from there how you handle the situation is what they judge you on. The correct thing to do is to just say "your right have a nice day".   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Simple interview with a lot of situational questions. How would you interact with customers? How would you approach a project? Simple questions really. Just dont answer like an idiot and you will get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Very orderly and well do process. Multiple steps which start typical application process and follow on with online testing. After all online info was complete I was contacted and completed two face to face interviews and normal pre-employment testing. Overall a very good experience.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online. A week or 2 later reviewed a call from Atlanta for a phone interview. After that, got set up for a in store interview. Had one interview with an assistant manager a week later, then received a call back for a 2nd interview with the store manager. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly how would you handle this and that, why do you want to work here, And the famous why we should hire you.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Packdown Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I filled out an application online for the position and store I wanted to work for. I was called by an automated voicemail to partake in screening questions over the phone. Basically, they wanted to find out my availability. It is best to guarantee an interview if you are flexible. Next, I was called in and I completed my interview at the store. It went pretty well and the hiring manager said that they would get back to me. However, I had to be persistent and keep calling to check on my status. I was finally invited about three weeks later to another interview with one of the managers in the store. That went well and then I was able to sit and fill out paperwork. I was not offered the position that I applied for which was Office Associate, but I did eventually get into Home Depot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to gain from working at Home Depot?   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online. After a week I got an email that they were going to call me to have a phone interview with me. They called me that same day as I got the email. I was not able to answer at the time. I called back the day after and had the interview. Just in case you're wondering at first it's an operator but for the interview they transfer you to a h.r manager. It was my first interview so I was a bit nervous. Personally I think I was nervous but anyone who has experience should do good. In the end I was told "if they do hire you, you should be contacted via email or telephone." At least they were frank since the beginning. P.s it is a call from Georgia

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to ensure your safety? Tell me a time you worked with a team to reach a goal? Tell me a time you had to manage your time, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Flooring Specialist Interview

Interview simply asked about my previous customer service experience, and I was asked what I ate for breakfast. I was asked to dress formally and I brought my resume. I really can say that this is a great company.

Interview Questions
    • I always have trouble with the question, "when did you not give excellent customer service.'   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Basically ask you to tell them about a time when......
    And its all relating to customer service. They will ask you when to explain a situation where you had a very difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didnt resolve a customer issue. And what steps did you take?   Answer Question
    Interview went very smooth. No pressure or hard questions. Nothing like I had imagine. The interviewer was very nice and calm. Seems like a great atmosphere and a cool place to work at.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

I was contacted by a Home Depot recruiter about the position on LinkedIn. I sent my resume and got a phone interview.

After the phone screen I had to take two online assessments, one was more about my personality and the other was a basic math skills test. After this I waited about a week and a half and didn't hear anything so I reached out to the recruiter. That day I got a call back to set up an in person interview.

I had the in person interview about two weeks later. The first hour of the interview was a case study. I worked on the case study then after the hour was up I went in front of two senior merchants and one HR recruiter. They started by asking about the case and my analysis of the problems presented. The next part was the more standard interview about my background and about how I would fit in with the department goals. I was told I would hear back from them that night.

I got the call back that night, and the next step was a "fit" phone interview with a VP. That happened the next day. Then that next Monday I got a call that I was being offered the job.

Every person I interacted with from the security guards, to the receptionist, to the recruiters and merchants were nothing but nice and reassuring. They all put me at ease and made me feel really comfortable throughout the process. In total it took about 4 weeks, but after I had the in person interview I knew in 2 days that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. The case analysis was the hardest part. Know what the job is that you're interviewing for and the case was really in-line with what I expect to be doing.   Answer Question