The Home Depot Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,432 interviews

2.3

Garden Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

There are two interviews. First is a phone interview if you pass that then you get to meet an assistant store manager for a face-to-face interview. After the second interview you have to go to a drug test right away.

Interview Questions
    • They give you different scenario's to see how you would handle the situation. Ex. " What would you do if you have a customer who ask's you a question you don't know the answer to?"   Answer Question

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Came in and met with ASM- then immediately met with the store manager and was offered a job on the spot. They were all very friendly and welcoming.

There is no room to negotiate

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After going through an absolutely ridiculous online application process in which I was not really sure if my application was initially submitted...I got a phone call the SAME morning I was emailed to be notified I would be receiving the call. They did not even mention an exact time, just a time frame of 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected is that I could not really understand the person doing the interview so most of the time I was guessing the questions and everything she was saying....I am not a racist person nor judgmental in any way except in emergency situations. I believe it was unfair to have someone with an extremely strong accent to interview people for HOME DEPOT....if I was able to actually talk to the person rather than be drilled like I was a criminal I am sure I would have been working there by now. How hard is it to scan products and help people people I have THREE CHILDREN AND KNOW PLENTY ABOUT HELPING AND SCANNING :)   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Very laid back and typical. Basic questions as where do you you see yourself in a few years, what are your strength/weaknesses. Interviewed by two different people, both very friendly. Asked about hobbies and interests.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question
    NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watsonville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied online and then got a response to call for phone interview. Passed that and got an in person interview. Still waiting on background and drug test. They ask a lot about customer service and your overall work experience

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult just would you be able to lift heavy things a lot   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Plan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store. They were either not there that day, out to lunch, in a meeting or at training. I finally told the last caller that, "if they were not interested in talking to me I would no longer waist theirs and my time". The forth time in going to the store I was granted the interview and hired. Be prepared for a low ball offer of part time only. Home Depot has a policy of hiring part time and then promoting to full time 6 to 12 months later, that is if you can survive 6 months to a year as a lot loader or pt cashier. Seen it happen time and time again. Lots of good people quit because they cannot feed their family on the merger pt salary. Also, guess what, no big surprise, you get no benefits while on your part time incubation period. It is all about the DOLLAR. Don't let them pull your leg.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when or how you did or did not do something on the job. Would you turn your grandmother in if you saw her stealing?   Answer Question
    Just above min. wage and usually hired on part time basis. Not much negotiation. Increases are literally in nickle and dime increments, so be prepared for slow progress on your check!!!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2013.

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question
    none

MET Associate Interview

Basic interview questions. Interviewee reads from a script. Most questions have to do with previous work experience. There are also questions relating to situations that may arise during the workday. Other than that, it was the interviewee reading from his script/describing the job related duties.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Very professional. Panel of three management employees for initial interview. Second interview was a panel of two management employees. Each interview went for approximately 30 minutes. After the hiring there were a few employment classes for about 4 new employees. Very informative.

No negotiation on pay.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!