The Home Depot

Updated 30 Jan 2015

2.1

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

There wasn't no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Got a phone interview then got a in-person interview the next day and went in. The interview was so easy and laid back. First interview was series of questions on your work experience and then got a second interview the same day with the assistant manager and i basically had to sell myself to her and we had a very normal conversation no questions were asked and then she stated the starting is $9.75 which is better than nothing and i accepted and got my form for the drug test and did the background check. Just waiting now

Interview Questions
    • What would i hate about working there?   View Answer
    No, Negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Was contacted by phone first to conduct an over the phone interview. Was asked scenario questions regarding past experience as a cashier or how to solve a problem. Once the phone interview was done I was told that if I qualified, I would be hearing from them for a face to face interview. I was called few days later to attend the interview at the store where I applied. The interview was very relaxed. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was asked just like 4 question scenarios about things that would happen while being a cashier. I was offered the position on the spot and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the salary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin