The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Assistant Professor Clinical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

they take great care of you, scheduling all your travel arrangements. applied on line, then talked to recruiter then chair of dept division. then went out for interview. offer followed soon after

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I went in for the interview and the supervisor told what the job entailed and asked me a few general questions. He had basically decided to hire me before I even came in for the interview. If you are fortunate to e-mail or contact at the right time, you've pretty much got the job because there are no real qualifications. It's just an entry level job.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had previously   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

It cannot be called an interview since it is just a free conversation about what you like. Like what do you think of something. I cannot remember what the question is. But it is a great interview.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Two interviews. There was an online application that I filled out.
    I was contacted by a member of the research team to schedule an interview.
    The first interview lasted about an hour and the second interview lasted 45 mins. No update on salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What do your days consist of?

1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Position was for Fisher College of Business. Applied online and heard from them really quickly - within a day - which from what I've gathered is pretty amazing since everyone says OSU tends to have a slow hiring process. Interview was scheduled for about a week later with a director and associate director. The staff was extremely friendly and easy to talk comfortably around. They were very team oriented and presented a fun fast-paced work environment. Asked quite a few questions but were also very informative and it was nice that they told me exactly what they liked about my resume from the get-go so I knew what skills to focus on when I answered. At the end, they said they would be in contact with me within a week or two because they were hoping to hire quickly. It's been almost a week - fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you study x?   Answer Question
    • Questions about my current employer, seemed curiosity oriented.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked successfully on a team project with someone that was difficult to work with. Particular interest in a when I held a leadership role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Ohio State University in January 2015.

Interview

From the time of the application to the time of an actual first interview was about 3-4 weeks. Interview was good and conducted in a professional manner. The questions were all about what you would expect for the position. If you do your homework you should be fine as long as someone's friend isn't pegged for the position.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a real difficult question, for this position but there were a couple of active directory questions but there were basic   Answer Question

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Initially you need to fill out the application form online
    Then you need to Call and fix appointment for interview
    Interview would be mostly towards behavioral type of questions
    Once the Interview is done you will be sent either an offer letter or a reject letter based on your performance in the interview
    Once you get the offer letter you need to complete the paper work to get the starting date

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

A consulting firm assisted with the hiring process, which included an over the phone interview and in person interview with the staffing agency, then interview with the company and after the consulting firm performed background checks and drug testing

Interview Questions

• specific experience with fiber outage   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

It was one to two months after I applied online that I got the interview. I think there were well over 100 applicants and less than five interviewees. I was interviewed by two managers and one support staff. They were incredibly welcoming and I heard back within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• The standard: What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was too naive to negotiate. Don't be naive!

Member Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Submit your resume online and then you will receive a email from the manager to tell you fill out a survey and then they can know more about you. The interview is easy and all behavioral questions and it is a group interview.