The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated 8 Sep 2014
Updated 8 Sep 2014

2.7

Rigger/Stagehand Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

My roommate was approached by Aaron Thomas and was asked if he would be interested in a job down rigging shows at the Schottenstein Center. This job opportunity was then relayed to myself where I then went in for a person interview. Here Aaron asked me a few questions about my past job experiences, did a background check, and hired me. It was a very comfortable laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only one I could possibly think of would be when he asked me if I was afraid to be 100 feet in the air walking the rafters. I already knew this would be part of the job but I guess hearing it in person definitely made my stomach drop for a second.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

I interviewed for the position four months after submitting application (cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement- ~15 pages in total). I received the offer a few weeks after the interview and was officially hired after negotiations after another two weeks. I started work a few months later. The entire process was about eight or nine months from the time I applied to my start date.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

I applied online and was granted an in person interview. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. I sat with three of the leadership team and had a fine conversation. They asked me questions and allowed me to ask questions of them. Very friendly, much more conversational than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was their interest in my travels from my business semester abroad, which had been noted on my application. It wasn't particularly difficult, rather it caught me off guard that it would be of interest to them.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Inperson interview with the Chair of the department, another faculty member and a rep from HR. Lasted about an hour. Was offered the position three days later after they checked my references.

Did not negotiate

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

It was cool. No hard questions. To the point. work related only

Interview Questions
    • What additional non-research based responsibilites can you handle   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

We just had a conversation and dicusssed the future and how we will proceed. Went through a demo after. It was easy. Was kinda surprised by it.

Student Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Applications were submitted online and reviewed prior to each semester. There was one in person interview with two of the current student managers. Very straightforward interview -- ie. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job? Within a week I received a call back with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you faced with a customer and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Student employees in this department started at a strict base salary (minimum wage) take it or leave it. Students did, however, receive annual and merit based raises, along with the possibility of promotion.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

interview with seniors on staff then panel interview with other workers

Resident Assistant Interview

Had to apply online first. General information, and a few broad essay questions that focus on diversity, problem solving, etc. If you do well with that (and there is no reason you shouldn't), plus you have a 3.0+ GPA, you get to the interview. The interview questions are behavioral in nature, dealing with conflict mediation, diversity, stress, etc. After that, you have the RA class. It used to be that one would be hired after the class; now you will be hired before.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hugely technical questions. Just be prepared for answers to conflict mediation and diversity. Think about the position, and be honest in your answers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get full room, discount meal plan, and a biweekly stipend.

Administrative Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Applied online. I received an email a few weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager and another person from the department. They were all standard questions to see how you would fit in with the position. I thought I did a pretty good job highlighting my strengths and showing them why I would be great for the job, but I guess they found another person who was even more fitting (or so I was told in an email from the hiring manager).

Interview Questions
    • What would make you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Worked for The Ohio State University? Contribute to the Community!