Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions
  • the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Intern Interview

Straight forward resume questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Questions
    • In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   View Answer
    Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. From there, I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting website, as well as through the internal Thomson Reuters system. After I was accepted for an interview, I had a 30 minute interview at my school. I heard back about a week later and was asked to come in for 4 more interviews on the company's Eagan campus. After these four back-to-back interviews, I was offered a finance intern position a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions. They were all behavioral based questions and there were no finance technical questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for an internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question
    The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Intern Interview

On campus then second round at offices

Interview Questions

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!