Thomson Reuters

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

Negotiation Details – All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Question – In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Interview Question – What may be the future threats for TR business?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details 2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Question – What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

Interview Details I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. From there, I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting website, as well as through the internal Thomson Reuters system. After I was accepted for an interview, I had a 30 minute interview at my school. I heard back about a week later and was asked to come in for 4 more interviews on the company's Eagan campus. After these four back-to-back interviews, I was offered a finance intern position a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – There weren't any really difficult questions. They were all behavioral based questions and there were no finance technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for an internship.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Question – In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details On campus then second round at offices

Interview Question – nothing very hard   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details 2 telephonic interview - one with HR and the other with Associate. Very friendly interview, asked - tell me about yourself, a minicase, questions more related to check my leadership and teamwork skills

Interview Question – A mini case on which Associate was currently working on.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

Interview Details My resume was selected for telephonic Interview through college career fair . The questions are pretty easy but my preparation was not good.

Some of the questions : 1. In a vector how you count the occurrence of each of the element
2. Asked about sorting and one with the best complexity,,, I answered w.r.t merge sort
3. Asked about searching an element in a b tree

Interview Question – Questions weren't tough but i took lot of time in answering so I got a reject   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Intern interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.