Thomson Reuters

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.9

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I am called for direct F2F interview and i answered maximum questions an it will take up to 30min. They asked me for tell me about your self as a first questions. And the interviewer told me that they will inform me later. But still am not got any response from there side.
    They asked Some basic testing questions, Java basic programs and some quick puzzzels

Interview Questions
    • Some basic testing questions, Java basic programs and some quick puzzzels   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

process took 2 weeks. First they tell you to write summary on given topic. which is very easy. Then on next week they will cal you for HR interview. Will ask you about current affairs. They can pay you upto 3 lac pa.

Interview Questions
    • How will you search some news? What is job profile? etc   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

For front development is quite easy and you can expect easy going but be prepared for surprise questions.

One More thing,don't opt for FRONT END DEVELOPMENT,it just shucks!!!

Try for other departments,its a great company to work for.

You cant negotiate,its fixed!!

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2015.

Hiring process involved a summarisation test. you have to write summary of a given matter. overall experience was good. need to be very quick in writing the summary so as to complete the test in given time. awaiting for the result of the test. hoping for the best as i want to work in an MNC.

Associate Content Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring process depends on team and if its direct interview it can be cracked easily. No much producers once u r selected. Hiring process is not that difficult as it looks.

N/A

Trainee Content Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The initial stages of the interview was a group discussion where the group of candidates were given a topic and were asked to discuss about it. This can be easily cleared if you are up to date about the latest news. The next round of interview was a written exam where the grammer and analytical skills were examined. This too is not very hard to clear unless you have poor grammer and or analytical skills. The next round of interview is a 1:1 with the HR and / or the manager of the team you are being interviewed for. This can be different for different teams and groups however by being prepared about the job profile and keeping up to date with the latest news should make this level much easier.

Example: My team was into financial markets and hence being aware of financial assets and good knowledge of the current economical enviornment was helpful in answering most of the question that were put across to me. Ensure that you answer honestly and truthfully. If you dont know something tell them you dont know rather than to lie. (Nobody's perfect)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that was asked to me was about the Financial market recession in 2008.

Since i had been following the news around the time and had known about a few causes and factors i was able to frame a proper response for the question. I added the knowledge that I had about the financial markets, risks involved in financial markets and also about the economic cycles to provide a good and acceptable response for the question asked.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was a referral drive around 150 people gave written among which 5 were selected. Written contains of aptitude and in technical section you have to write code of three basic programs.
    There was 2 rounds of Technical And one HR round(formal).
    The interview was completely based on JAVA.
    So, you should have a good knowledge of JAVA to crack the interview.

Interview Questions
    • As, I was not so much aware about JAVA so all questions were tough for me.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

any interview is fine as far as there is no muxh written.. that includes all these apptitude tests... a telephonic or face to face interviews on weekdays or weekends is also fine. Just hoping the interview process is smooth enough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I have applied through recruiter .Process was slow but on time. It took 3 day. First round was apti and technical apti follwed by face to face and HR .