Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

It was a referral drive around 150 people gave written among which 5 were selected. Written contains of aptitude and in technical section you have to write code of three basic programs.
    There was 2 rounds of Technical And one HR round(formal).
    The interview was completely based on JAVA.
    So, you should have a good knowledge of JAVA to crack the interview.

Interview Questions
    • As, I was not so much aware about JAVA so all questions were tough for me.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

any interview is fine as far as there is no muxh written.. that includes all these apptitude tests... a telephonic or face to face interviews on weekdays or weekends is also fine. Just hoping the interview process is smooth enough

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring and Interview Process was smooth:
    - 1 Telephonic
    - 2 face to face Technical
    - 1 manager round
    - 2 Onsite manager/Director round

All the question were related to prior work experience and practical questions
    - Different working conditions/environment etc

They negotiate, so dont jump to a round figure initially.

Java SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

2 Rounds Technical followed by 1 HR round. questions on Questions are basic starting from OOPs Concepts, String Handling, Exception Handling, Collections, JDBC, JSP, Servlets to Frameworks. If you are 5+ years of experience then expect questions from design patters as well. Over all they check you attitude and technical abilities.

Having a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

I got a call from the HR with reference to my resume in a Job portal and scheduled a F2F interview on a weekend. The interview happened in the Yamlur road office in Bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was good but the questions were too theoritical. For a 6+ years professional in Java/J2EE they had a couple of ladies with barely 3 years of experience in the panel.
      1) What is the Servlet class hierarchy?
      2) What will happen if you call Servlet's destroy method from init method?
      3) Design a class diagram and write the high level logic for a game of chess

I found most of the questions were from a website in the list of J2EE interview questions. And these ladies were not ready to take any answer other than whatever they see in the website or think is correct.

Please have people with good understanding on technology and enough experience in the panel
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    1) What is the Servlet class hierarchy?
    2) What will happen if you call Servlet's destroy method from init method?
    3) Design a class diagram and write the high level logic for a game of chess

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2014.

OOPS, Collections,JDBS,hibernnate, Struts, Design pattern

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Quality Engineer Interview