Thomson Reuters Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

36 interviews

2.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .

Interview Questions
    • will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

2 technical followed by manager round then HR

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2013.

Interview Details:
    4.Why main() method is static
    5.Interface and abstract
    6.What is sealed class and final class and differences
    7.What is shadowing
    8.What is singleton class.
    9.What is virtual method.
    10.what is wsdl.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question:Code to swap numbers without third variable and reverse of a number.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

First round is Technical Written Test and Second round is Technical Interview. Written test is based on Technologies(ex: If we get call as a Java programmer written will be Java questions based)

Interview Questions
    • Not that much difficult. All questions are based on technology related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First round was technical written test. This included questions on networks basic, operating system, java and oops concepts, sql.
    Was able to clear the first round.
    Two weeks later was called for group discussion.There were 2 rounds of gd since they were many candidates.
    On the same day had technical face to face.Here they again ask about networking,java,database.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

1.First i got a call for telephonic round.
    2. Technical round is followed by a managerial round. Both are normal. Depends on the position you are applying.
    3. Need to be hard in negotiating salary.
    4. Would give good salaries depending on your position and designation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2009.

Referred by an ThomsonReuters employye. Initial communication was with HR over phone and got a request for telephonic round. This was more of filtering process for technically counterfeit candidates. Following which had 4 technical rounds followed by manager round. Suprisingly in these 4 rounds, couple of questions were repeatedly asked - not sure if it was to check if I had really know the stuff. After all had HR round to negotiate on package.

Interview Questions
    Yes I could negotiate. indeed I should thank the employee referred me, he gave me some insight to the salary standard of TR and asked me to demand little more than they offered.

Software Engineer Interview

There was one Telephonic interview which was done by the consultant. They also suggested on what all topics should I be prepared.
    Technical round done by Project Manager. There by one more round of Technical with another manager.
    Then it was managerial round with Senior Project Manager.
    Lots of negotiations with final HR. Finally I won the negotiation and I got through. :) All smiles by the way.

Interview Questions
    • Technical - Mainframe - How to find a record of one file in another file, the most efficient way.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

The interview process was very well managed. Had one technical, one manager and one HR round.

Interview Questions

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!