Thomson Reuters

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .

Interview Question – will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details 2 technical followed by manager round then HR

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Hyderābād

I applied through other source - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview Details:
4.Why main() method is static
5.Interface and abstract
6.What is sealed class and final class and differences
7.What is shadowing
8.What is singleton class.
9.What is virtual method.
10.what is wsdl.

Interview Question – Unexpected question:Code to swap numbers without third variable and reverse of a number.   View Answers (3)

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details First round is Technical Written Test and Second round is Technical Interview. Written test is based on Technologies(ex: If we get call as a Java programmer written will be Java questions based)

Interview Question – Not that much difficult. All questions are based on technology related   Answer Question

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details First round was technical written test. This included questions on networks basic, operating system, java and oops concepts, sql.
Was able to clear the first round.
Two weeks later was called for group discussion.There were 2 rounds of gd since they were many candidates.
On the same day had technical face to face.Here they again ask about networking,java,database.

Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details 1.First i got a call for telephonic round.
2. Technical round is followed by a managerial round. Both are normal. Depends on the position you are applying.
3. Need to be hard in negotiating salary.
4. Would give good salaries depending on your position and designation

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2009.

Interview Details Referred by an ThomsonReuters employye. Initial communication was with HR over phone and got a request for telephonic round. This was more of filtering process for technically counterfeit candidates. Following which had 4 technical rounds followed by manager round. Suprisingly in these 4 rounds, couple of questions were repeatedly asked - not sure if it was to check if I had really know the stuff. After all had HR round to negotiate on package.

Interview Question – Difference in Java and C command line args index.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I could negotiate. indeed I should thank the employee referred me, he gave me some insight to the salary standard of TR and asked me to demand little more than they offered.

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details There was one Telephonic interview which was done by the consultant. They also suggested on what all topics should I be prepared.
Technical round done by Project Manager. There by one more round of Technical with another manager.
Then it was managerial round with Senior Project Manager.
Lots of negotiations with final HR. Finally I won the negotiation and I got through. :) All smiles by the way.

Interview Question – Technical - Mainframe - How to find a record of one file in another file, the most efficient way.   View Answer

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was very well managed. Had one technical, one manager and one HR round.

Interview Question – How will you share data between threads   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2010.

Interview Details I was hired for a developer who knows Java, Oracle and familiar with linux. Interview was good. Nice tricky question they asked. Only 6 questions had been asked in the interview. Not much waiting time. 3 round of interview happened. 1st one was technical, 2nd was HR and 3rd one was with the company A.V.P

Interview Question – How JSF works, JPA works, join in oracle database.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate to feasible amount.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.