Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 14 Sep 2014

1.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

It was fairly easy, I couldn't answer some of the questions but the interviewer helped me through it as it was my first interview. Some of the questions were similar, there were a few about what you thought good customer service was like. She also asked what I would do in certain situations. She explained every question, and it seemed all she wanted to hear was that I was going to make the customer happy. She also went over the job description and rules, and constantly said 'When you work here', making me feel like I already got the job.

I applied online and got called the next day. The day after I got called I went in for an interview and two days later they called and told me to come in on Monday to start training.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2011.

I saw the boss interviewing other people, so I decided to make an application. I gave it in an then left to go home. The next morning the boss called me for an interview and the next day I started training. The boss is a very nice guy and I did not feel stressed or forced to give the right answers during the interview. I felt at ease and as if I was just having a simple conversation. He has people who have been working for 35 years with him, and I would classify him as a person who does a really good job at communicating on the same level as his employees. He was 20 minutes late for his own interview, but when I walked out with my new uniform ready to start work the next day after about only 30 minutes of a stress-free easy interview, I couldn't care less!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2010.

It was at a job fair, very nice just asked general questions

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Very Easy going One on One interview
    you will be sitting inside the store and the interview will take place there
    it will be relaxing offer you water and or coffee and something to eat ...
    Very nice and friendly enviroment

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2010.

I arrived early and that made the manager happy. The workers were nice and inviting, too. The interview lasted for about half an hour. The manager asked me the basic questions, as well as some situational questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2009.

The lady greeted me well and asked me a few questions of situations that may occur and what I would have to face at work. It was very descent but when I went to work the first day she told me to come another day because I didnt wear black shoes but she has not instructed me from the interview. Other than that it was fine.

Interview Questions
    • Some believe that interviewers decide upon the person being intervied withing 5 minutes. Is that true?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate as the person was asian but speaked very fluent english.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2009.

After filling out a form and attaching a resume i was called by a manager. i went to the interview were they asked standard interview questions about experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember specifics but all about previous experiences   Answer Question