Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014
Updated 14 Oct 2014

1.9

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, got a call for job interview at the same day. The interview was appointed the next day p.m. The length of interview didn't last more than 10 minutes. The assistant manager didn't even have a look at my resume. I guess they are really in short of people. No hard questions, very simple and casual talk. The manager was nice to me. First, he explained the hours and wages and asked if I was ok with it. And he asked why I chose to work for Tim's, and if I would be able to work under pressure. Another question is how long can I work in Tim's. I speak frank to him that I don't have experience of customer service, which is, however, valued for my future work plan. I told him I wanted to gain such experience at Timmy's. Then he asked my work flexibility. After I said I lived in walking distance from the restaurant, he seemed to be pleased. At the end of interview, I was told to be reached soon. Later in the evening, he called and offered me the job which would start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Why us? Can you work under pressure? How long will I stay at here?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, start at min wage

Overnight Baking Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The interview was scheduled at 2pm, I arrived early and waited as the owner finished interviewing someone else. It sounded like she got the job. The owner asked my name and told me that she had two other interviews to do before me, I'd arrived early, but not THAT early! The interview was more her telling me about the job and hours than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • That there were no actual questions, other that when I would be available to start.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Min wage

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied online and within a few days I received a call. The manager was nice and it didn't really feel like an interview at all. The questions were simple and easy to answer. The interview was in the store and everyone who applied had to fill out an application on everything. Overall, great experience.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.

Operations Representative Interview

Applied through corporate website. Had a phone interview which was 20 minutes. Going over past experience and education related to the job. Talked about roles and responsibilities etc. Invited for an in person interview which lasted 30 minutes. Kind of intimidating, interviewed by 4 people. Asked about 20 questions, maybe more. Some i could remember:

-How to handle someone youre training who doesn’t understand or speak too much English?
    -goes over resume, education, discuss experience
    -going above and beyond for your workplace/colleague
    -something unethical taking place at your workplace, how you handled it
    -how to handle an irate customer
    -something you wish you did differently after dealing with a customer
    -what skills are important for this position, which is the most important
    -how long do you see yourself with the company
    -altercation with a colleague at work, how you handled it
    -you hear feedback from your manager, how did you handle it
    -if you had a lot of assigned tasks how would u manage, in order to finish on time? What if you had tasks left but couldn’t finish?
    -a time where you had to focus on work only and things kept popping up

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were strictly about your previous experience similar to the operations representative position. I think this is the only way you end up getting an interview, if you have the required experience.   Answer Question

Front Counter Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

My dad got me this interview last minute, and it went really well for being my third interview (it was going to be my first job). Within three days I was offered a job, and I accepted. The person reviewing me was very friendly and nice. The staff was also very friendly. It was a great experience!

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call to go to the store to have an interview. I was asked to fill out a in-store application and after I filled it out, I got a 1:1 interview. It took about 15-20 minutes asking about my experience, why I would like to work at Tim Hortons and what my salary expectations are. My interviewer was great and I got an offer of employment a few hours later. Make sure you come prepared with your resume and references.

min wage

Customer Services Representative Interview

Submit a paper application with your previous experience and contact information, then I had a friend recommend me. Afterwards, I received a call from the manager and came in to meet with her. I came in and interviewed in the lobby/dining area of the store, and she asked me some very basic questions about my experience, basically just checking that I was able to be polite and not crazy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, the interview was very straightforward and what I expected.   Answer Question

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

it all depends on the location, each Tim Hortons manager hires their own way. Submit on line and you could be waiting a week. Walk in at the right time with an application and resume you could get an interview on the spot if the hiring person is in.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was unexpected for me was "Are you comfortable talking into a headset?"   Answer Question
    My availability was my main hold back, but it only took a few min to fix.