Timken

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore

Interview Details 1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Interview Question – Everything was easy :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in December 2012.

Interview Details 1. Aptitude
2. GD
3. technical round 1
4. technical round 2
5. Interview with Directors

Interview Question – Questions were asked on sql queries, oops, javaScript methods, network concepts and .net   Answer Question

Program Member Interview

Program Member
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Timken in August 2008.

Interview Details The hiring process is initiated by HR reprentative by informing the candidate about getting shortlisted for job position and confirming the date of interview. Interview process may be divided in two or three phases depending on job position. There will be Technical, HR and Manager rounds which can happen in a single/multiple day. Technical rounds are very important. Depending on the performance in this round the candidate will be called for other rounds. In Techical round candidate should try to be as precise as possible.

Interview Question – How do you work with a manager who can be very demanding?   Answer Question

Program Member - SAP Basis Interview

Program Member - SAP Basis
Bangalore

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Timken in November 2009.

Interview Details When any technical questions are asked please answer to the point and don't go on beating around the bush.

Interview Question – Basic of SAP Basis   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if only if required.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details first a phone interview
second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Leader Interview

Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken in June 2011.

Interview Details It takes a while after the initial interview, just like any other company, before they call you. Then, everything goes easy but they will check everything on you including your references, your background and your medical history plus the drug screen process. The whole thing will take about one week, and you'll need to keep communicating with them during the whole process, just in case they can't contact your ex-employers, or your references. They will find out if you lied in the application, but if everything checks out okay, you've got the job. Good Company.

Interview Question – Regarding the particular job: Explain to me how you would accomplish this specific task and how long it would take me to finish?   View Answer

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Senior IT Security Engineer
Canton, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Timken in June 2012.

Interview Details There was a short phone interview

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate
Canton, OH (US)

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Machinist
Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!