Timken

Updated 27 Dec 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   View Answer
    Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken.

3 rounds.starting from a very simple written aptitude test,next was hr round where basic questions like why do you want to work in this company etc were asked.last round was another hr round which was more about salary and all. the overall experience was positive .the biggest thing i learned from this experience was to show the interviewer that you really like the job profile not just the money offered.

Interview Questions
    • simple questions based upon networking,os,internet etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in December 2012.

1. Aptitude
    2. GD
    3. technical round 1
    4. technical round 2
    5. Interview with Directors

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on sql queries, oops, javaScript methods, network concepts and .net   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken in January 2010.

I had three rounds of technical interview and two rounds of HR interview. The three technical round of interviews were conducted back to back. The interview was tough and was based only on the basic of engineering.

Interview Questions
    Nothing. The offer made was final.

Program Member - SAP Basis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2009.

When any technical questions are asked please answer to the point and don't go on beating around the bush.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate if only if required.

Program Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in August 2008.

The hiring process is initiated by HR reprentative by informing the candidate about getting shortlisted for job position and confirming the date of interview. Interview process may be divided in two or three phases depending on job position. There will be Technical, HR and Manager rounds which can happen in a single/multiple day. Technical rounds are very important. Depending on the performance in this round the candidate will be called for other rounds. In Techical round candidate should try to be as precise as possible.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work with a manager who can be very demanding?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Loved Timken! Felt like they took the time to actually get to know me and I was given plenty of opportunities to get to know the company. Amazing college recruitment program, felt at home. 3 interviews, 1 panel interview, dinner/lunch.

Interview Questions

Decided sales engineering wasn't for me

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2014.

Saw the job posting on the internet, sent my resume and received an e-mail the next day, asking to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview with a recruiter and after about 15 minutes, he asked when I would be available for a face-to-face. I got back to him the next day with my availability and two days later I was meeting with the hiring manager. The interview process consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, panel interview and then 1:1 with a senior sales engineer. I received an e-mail from recruiter the next day, asking for my thought and whether I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call apologizing for the delay and letting me know I would be receiving an offer. The offer letter came via e-mail along with information on benefits. Once I accepted the offer I had to submit information for a background check through HireRight, and after three days I was contacted by US Health Works to set-up my physical and drug screen (I think they waited for background results before scheduling physical). Went for the medical stuff; hair sample, vision check, hearing check, urine sample and physical.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected - very conversational with a few tell me about a time when questions; a time when you thought outside the box, a time when you made a process more efficient.   Answer Question
    After reading the interview reviews on here, indicating there is no negotiating and upon receiving a very competitive offer, I accepted w/o negotiation.