Timken Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in December 2012.

1. Aptitude
    2. GD
    3. technical round 1
    4. technical round 2
    5. Interview with Directors

Interview Questions
    • Questions were asked on sql queries, oops, javaScript methods, network concepts and .net   Answer Question

Program Member - SAP Basis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2009.

When any technical questions are asked please answer to the point and don't go on beating around the bush.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate if only if required.

Program Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in August 2008.

The hiring process is initiated by HR reprentative by informing the candidate about getting shortlisted for job position and confirming the date of interview. Interview process may be divided in two or three phases depending on job position. There will be Technical, HR and Manager rounds which can happen in a single/multiple day. Technical rounds are very important. Depending on the performance in this round the candidate will be called for other rounds. In Techical round candidate should try to be as precise as possible.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work with a manager who can be very demanding?   Answer Question

Operations Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Timken.

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions
    • there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken in September 2014.

I came into contact with Timken via a university recruiting event. They seemed very friendly and it seemed to me that they loved both the company TimKen and the area of North Canton, OH.
    The interview consisted of some behavioral questions about how you manage tasks and how you work in a team.
    The part i liked best was when they asked me to describe my dream job. They said to describe what it looked like what the people might be like and so forth. It was a good interview because they had me talking and my hopes in a career instead of the interviewer talking the whole time. They also said that Timken is an honest and well respected company and that they understand work life balance for their employees.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I went about my work when I had several tasks to complete. I know this is a common interview question but it is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful answer to it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Timken.

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

take it or leave it

Associate Librarian Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.