Towers Watson

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuary Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details on campus interview. Then in-office interview. The in-office interview is very nice. You get to see the office you will be working at and the people you will work with. You then have a number of interview with senior consultants. Most of the interviews were a great opportunity to get to know your future bosses.

Interview Question – why do you want to be an actuary?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Towers Watson in September 2013.

Interview Details I met the recruiters at college career fair. After looking at my resume, they set up an appointment to interview me on the next day. The interview was pretty basic and those interview questions were not tough. I sent an email to follow up after the interview but i did not receive any offer.

Interview Question – How do you present the insurance product to someone who doesn't have insurance knowledge?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in February 2013.

Interview Details A few weeks after I applied I had a phone interview. That went well and I was invited back for a second interview. THe second interview consisted of a dinner the night before with the other candidates and some staff, and the a long battery of interviews with Actuaries of various levels the next day.

Interview Question – The questions were the standard behavioral type questions, why should we hire you, etc.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2011.

Interview Details First had an on campus interview through the career center, then they brought me to the office for a full day of interviews.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Walked through resume, why actuarial science, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details People very friendly. They put you in a room and rotate people that come in and interview you. Take you out for a nice lunch afterward where two new hires have a chat with you.

Interview Question – None of their questions were exceptionally challenging. Its all behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as an intern

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview Details Two rounds. First round was an on-campus university interview with a senior associate. Second round was an on-site interview involving a meal with the analysts, office tour, and multiple half-hour interviews. Mostly behavioral and situational questions, they want to see that you can communicate well in addition to having the technical skills on paper.

Interview Question – Describe yourself using only two words   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2012.

Interview Details After the application submission and Tests, I got an phone behavioral interview. Received an on site invitation a few days later. The assessment center has four parts, and lasts for a whole day.

Interview Question – Technical Questions like a case study question   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Interview began around 9AM and ended around 2PM.
Not too technical but should prepare for general knowledge on the actuarial field.
Had an amazing experience and enjoyed talking and having lunch with everyone.

Interview Question – Three reasons why you are different from others. The reasons have to be very unique and persuasive.   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Applied for the position online after meeting with representatives at a career fair. Received a call from a recruiter about two months later to setup a phone interview with HR. Phone was a few days later had standard questions, mostly reviewing my resume. I received notification of being called for an onsite interview. I was flown to the Cleveland branch office where I met with six individuals, all somewhere in the actuary track. The first four were primarily behavioral with standard interview questions (i.e. how do you solve a problem with a group member etc.). The day ended with a two on one lunch interview, relaxed and casual.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed at something and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position elsewhere

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Very good process. The interview was very relaxed. There was a first round phone interview and then a super day in the office. Met with several members of the team and then went out to lunch. Four interviews total.

Interview Question – Name a time where you took initiative.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Towers Watson

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Towers Watson Actuarial Intern interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Towers Watson employees and interview candidates.