Toys ''R'' Us Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

group interview with about 12 people, lasted about 4 hours i wore a suit, i was way over dressed, some one else wore a white t shirt, but i was hired so what can i say

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2012.

Group session nothing really bad about that but it was long. Then a 3 on 1 interview with the persons involved.

Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

It was a pretty basic interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2011.

Group interview and team building exercises.

Interview Questions
    • Had to sell a product to another applicant in front of the group.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  South Elgin, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in South Elgin, IL (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2011.

the toys r us store, was not yet built so we had our interview inside of a trailer. It first consisted of a group interview, and there were nine people, eight girls and one boy. At first we did an exercise which she explained was to make us all feel more comfortable being there, we had to introduce ourselves to the group, say a favorite childhood toy, and a favorite cartoon. We were then split up into two groups, and we were given legos, and had to create something within our group, and describe it and why we made it, it was pretty easy and fun. Then they had four people switch groups, and we were put into pairs, and were given an item and we had to role play amongst our group of two with an object, one person was the customer then the other was the seller, then we switched roles. Then were given another item, and were told we had to practice a skit to to present to everyone. After we started our one on one interviews, which all seem to consist of around at least ten minutes, I was last, and it seemed like they asked me two questions and lasted about less then five minutes, so I'm not sure what to think of that, but besides the one on one it was pretty fun and enjoyable and easy.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2010.

Well. this was my first interview i had ever had and i was a little nervous. When i went in, the first thing i walked into was the group interview. It was completely nerve racking considering I don't do very well with speaking in front of other people. As the process went on, they just told all of us about the company and how that particular store functioned. It got a little less nerve racking after that. We were instructed to go onto the sales floor and pick an item that we had to 'advertise' to the rest of the people in the room. When that was over, we had to build our own item and 'sell' it to the rest of the people in groups of 3. When that was over we got with another person and were given a sheet to write things about ourselves. then we presented them. After all that nonsense, the 1:1 interviews began. They called everyone one by one in a room and asked the typical interview questions. (tell me a little about yourself...why should i hire you?) things like that. Then they said they'd call you within a week or so. I wasn't called so i called back and they said that the background checks weren't in yet so i waited and waited for a while and then they finally decided to inform me that they weren't looking to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • why should we pick you for the job, what do you bring to the table.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Grove, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2009.

They wanted to "try something new" but I was told later they did this even a year before I had my interview.

You sat in a circle and talked. A lot. They asked questions which, I believe, were to see if you went along with the group. Toward the end, we had to build a toy that we would sell, out of legos, and "sell" it to the group.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Even if you want 5 cents more an hour, they only offer 8 an hour as their maximum offer.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2010.

Group interview consisted of 10 people. Had to write our name and an adjective that started with the first letter of our name on a piece of paper. Then we had to make something out of LEGO's, and attempt to sell it to the interviewers. Then we paired up, and interviewed the other, asking standard questions, then reporting back to the group and saying if s/he was a good candidate for the job. Then after that, we went in the back with the HR Manager or w/e and someone else, and they interviewed me for about 5 minutes. Pretty easy interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in December 2009.

it was pretty easy I just talked about how I was really interested in the job and I was very relaxed it also made it easier that there was other applicants in the room so it made it easier to stand out .

Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2007.

Over all was a very laid back interview in-store. Sat down in a computer room and talked about the job and past experience. Needless to say retail is retail (pay below average etc.) Received a call the next day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!