Toys ''R'' Us

Relevance Date Difficulty

Planogramer Interview

Planogramer

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details Their are three interviews, the first two can be on the phone or face to face. the last interview is face to face. On the third interview yoyo get a tour of the facility and you meet the people in the said department that you might be hired for. After the tour and a free lunch, you meet your managers/supervisors that you will be working for they do the third interview. If you are hired they will inform you in a couple of weeks, after that it takes a coupe of more weeks to send you a letter of employment. That letter will have your start date, that date will be discussed in the phone call that you get if you are hired. You start usually in the beginning of the quarter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Toys R Us.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We negotiated salary and start date.

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward questions. They pretty much hire any and everybody. Which can be a good or bad thing. You have to deal with the stupidity or incompetence of your peers.

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Team Member
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, and was sure I didn't do so great on the personality test portion of the application. I've never worked retail before, so I found it challenging, sometimes multiple answers seemed okay, but if you've had experience in retail I would assume that part is no problem. It took about a month and a half to get a callback, but they had been interviewing all summer so I was probably close to the bottom of their list. I got called to come in for a group interview, there ended up being 7 of us there. Based on the other reviews on here, I was prepared to choose a toy and sell it and had ideas for the lego thing. Turns out, my interview must have been an unusual one. We all played "2 truths and 1 lie" to introduce ourselves. Then the manager came in and was very clear about the position, what it's like working there etc. We were told pushing the rewards program, credit cards and buyer protection plan were very important. Then they dismissed us outside and did the 1 on 1 portion. Since it's so close to college starting back up they had me fill out an availability schedule. Asked me what my major was, and if I'd be interested in also being the HR Assistant since I've had office experience. It was the most laid back interview I've had, I think they were just desperate for more regular employees. Oh PS, working on Black Friday is a MUST, at least for this store. 12 hour shifts. However since I am from out of state, they are willing to let me work the closing shift on Black Friday so I could have Thanksgiving with my family, which was nice.

Interview Question – I was literally only asked about my major and availability. Again, most likely a very atypical experience from what I've read on here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, told the wage was $7.75 which is actually above minimum wage for KY so that's fine.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2010.

Interview Details Was a group interview. They give you legos to build a product and try to sell it, then give you actual toys to try to sell them the toy. If you make it past the group interview, then you will have 1 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

SMILE! Make the best of it and try to have fun. If you look miserable, then you look like a miserable choice.

Interview Question – What would you do if your guest wants an item, needs it today, and we don't have it in stock?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2011.

Interview Details One week after applying, I received a phone call to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, they asked a series of questions to each person. Ex. "What is your favorite childhood toy?" Afterwards, they took each person individually into the office for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours were too sparse.

Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details It was a group interview and there was 9 of us (meant to be 10 but one didnt turn up). We went with one of the managers called shaun who was really nice and we all went into a room and sat in a circle. There was a pen and paper provided and the first task was to just say your name to the group. Then we had to introduce the person sat next to us after 5 minutes of asking questions on what they enjoy doing etc etc. The second task was selling a product, there was an array of toys on the desk and we all picked one up and then had 5 minutes to look at it and think of how to sell it. One by one we tried to sell the product, I thought this would be difficult but I actually enjoyed it. Then the last part was a debate, he split the room in half and we debated football players salary in groups. The debate was testing team work and listening skills. Then we all went into a different room so we could have a drink and they called us in one by one to discuss our applications. They offered me a trial the next week along with 3 other interviewees who I saw written down. The interview was really fun and has given me loads of confidence I didnt know I had.

Distribution Manager Interview

Distribution Manager
Flanders, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2010.

Interview Details fairly easy just met with ops and GM went over my experience in my past and what they do there, Wasn't bad at all it was pretty easy actually. The manager just seemed in a rush but nothing too out of ordinary warehouse experience

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Team Member
Colonie, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2014.

Interview Details Really simple one on one interview with the HR person. I was offered the job at the end of it. Questions were all the expected; "Give an example of a time you recognized a fellow worker for excelling at something", "explain a time when you worked as a team player", "if a customer needed assistance, there was a spill, and the front was calling for backup cashiers which would you attend to first?"

Interview Question – I don't really remember any of them being too difficult. You're allowed to pass on a certain number of questions anyway   View Answer

Buckhead, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details took a bit long
various activities
sale a item via commercial
sale an item to the manager
introduce another interviewee
introduce yourself
spend time on the floor
mingle with other employees
overall a good interview
was a group interview
group of 5

Interview Question – No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Availability, personality

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details There was one other person who was also applying there. We first had to build a Lego structure and then we had to name. Then we had to pick a toy and market it. Then, we each had a 1 on 1 interview and that was the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – Who is the most demanding person you know and how do you meet their needs?   Answer Question

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!