Toys ''R'' Us

436 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed through an on-campus recruiting event. The whole interviews lasted around 20 minutes.

Several questions on the interviewee's background, nothing unusual. Company specific questions included what Toys R Us meant specifically to the interviewee, and where does the interviewee see the company headed. The interviewer was very nice to talk to.

Interview Question – What does Toys R Us mean to you?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details It was a group interview where we sat in a circle and were asked general questions, like why we want to be a part of the company, etc. They asked for permission to do a background check. It was a short and painless process. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – They asked a group of interviewees to select a toy and explain how that toy represents their workmanship style.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Question – we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Interview Details Very fun interview process one of the only interviews I ever done

Interview Question – Describe yourself using the letters in your name   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Make sure you are outgoing and have all your questions and answers figured out ahead of time. Have examples of past experiences with customers at any previous jobs and most of all have fun!

Interview Question – If you had an under-performing team member, how would you assess the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details I applied online and received an email stating I was not needed later that week. Received a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview process was not difficult; I arrived on time and we waited about 10 minutes for others to arrive. We went to the back for the interview to be conducted after being told to pick a toy from the sales floor.

Interview Question – Building a toy with interview group and attempting to sell it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2012.

Interview Details There was a very simple interview regarding skills and what you can bring to the company. Also if you notice any toys in the interview room be prepared to try and "sell" it to the manager but don't be to caught up in the process of actually trying to sell t because its a test not really for your selling ability but the way you convey yourself to other people because most likely there will be many other people interviewing along with yourself within that session.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult as for unexpected is who is your favorite childhood superhero.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None other than working hours.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details hiring process is group interviews. love the process

Interview Question – only talked about experience and behavioral questions. conflict management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Large Group interview. Played "games" to get to know your sales and team work, followed by interviewing each other and presenting each other. Followed by a small break while they discuss us in the next room. They than came out and dismissed several people, and than did "one on one" interviews with those of us left. Had a friend interviewed at the same time. They offered me a position on the spot, and my friend got told she would be contacted with more information. She got a form rejection letter the next day.

Interview Question – What is your favorite toy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay or anything, just asked for a sheet with a more detailed availablity

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2012.

Interview Details It was an all day process. Start early in the morning and are there until about 4-5pm. Meet lots of people within the accounting and finance dept. all questions that they ask are read from a paper. You have 2-3 one on one interviews. Group team builder exercises. There is a exam but not to difficult. Don't like not getting a call back on wether you received a job or not.

Interview Question – They ask you a lot of scenario questions nothing too difficult. Just be prepared.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toys ''R'' Us

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toys ''R'' Us interview questions and advice. All 436 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Toys ''R'' Us employees and interview candidates.