Toys ''R'' Us

Updated 18 Jan 2015

2.3

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I was brought into a room with multiple applicants and asked a series of questions. None of them were difficult and targeted my interests more-so than my qualifications. I was hired immediately following the interview and scheduled to work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • *Referring to randomly-selected products targeting opposite gender* How would you sell this to a customer on the sales floor?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Wasnt bad it was just a group interview, i would recommend dressing formal, it shows youre serious about the job, also arrive on time, show up 15 minutes before the interview and best of luck!

Interview Questions
    • you have to give a sales pitch to the managers of the store with a toy the stores sells   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

easiest interview . built legos and made a fake commercial with a partner . Told to go around store and pick one of our childhood toy . I picked hotwheels.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my favorite movie, wasn't difficult just didn't expect it................................   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview was a group interview, interviewer ask us what's our favorite movie, child hood toy, use the first latter of our name that describes yourself and one hobby after that we had to sale a toy to the other groups and after that we had to sale what ever we wanted (I sold my iPhone because I already know everything about it) after that he told us that we would get a phone call later on that day regarding the job after I got called I had to come in the next day to meet with the manager and after that I had to wait until my background check cleared once it cleared I had to go to an orientation and I started the same day

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

He hiring process was very simple and a bit juvenile. It was a group interview with four people, me being one of the four. First they asked us to introduce ourselves and then split into teams and build a lego toy r us building, I assume this part was more an ice breaker. After that they randomly gave us toy, 5 selling points such as discounts etc. and if they need batteries and the age recommended. Just remember to include these things in your sale pitch and you will ace it, a well dressed cool fellow got turned down because he tried small talking and making jokes during his pitch rather than just stick to the things they wanted to see.

I was called 10mins after my interview was over saying I got the job.

Things to keep in mind:
    Toy r us is very VERY disorganized, they don't post shifts online, so you have to call in each day and ask if its in, furthermore you can be scheduled to work the same day the schedule came out meaning you may have to rush to work hearing your shift starts in an hour on the phone.

Everyone on the team is very relax and friendly, but the store is so horribly runned, expect blame to be passed on you as everyone who behaved nice before will throw anyone they have to under the bus when the corporate bosses are in town.

Expect to be thrown out into the world, as little to no training is given, and what is given is quite poor added to even ore confusion, but selling towns aren't hard so you will figure things out easily.

*This job is great for quite easy money, horrible and should be avoided if your looking to find something you could settle down. I only took the job to make quick money for a computer upgrade.

No negotiation, $7.93 p/hr

Retail Assistant Interview

Watched a short video after that told to fill out false info to say the employer explained everything then told during employment you will be asked to empty your pockets from a supervisor for random searches

Interview Questions
    Turn down employment here it's a dangerous place to work

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview was interesting, they want you to build something out of Legos and pretend you're selling it to them, then they want you to go to the sales floor and pick any toy and pretend you're selling that to them, they just ask you features about the toy, then they take you to the back room and ask a few simple questions.. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • They ask, what would I do if there is a spill on the floor and a customer need help at the check out line   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Applied in store took two weeks for a call. Turned up to assessment 4 minutes late due to there always been traffic in that area ENFIELD branch although I left early. And simply turned away all they said was and I quote "YOU CANT GO IN". In my opinion that's an utter joke no interview could've started with 4 minutes.

If a companies that pathetic who would really want to work for them. Yes I'm aware I should've been on time but I can't determine traffic flow and accidents etc.

Over Night Stock Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in December 2014.

I did the applicant at 4 in the morning and recieved a call the same day at noon for an interview. The interview was a group interview with a manager and his assistant. They interviewed me and 4 others. Basically the manager talked about what to expect and asked us to tell something about ourselves and that was pretty much it. He got our information for a background check and said he'll call when they come back. I got a call two days later for orientation then the day after orientation was called and they said they had extra hours so i could come in that night if i wanted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation basically he said it's $8.25/hr but if you work overnight its $8.75/hr so don't clock in too early.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I went in to pick up an application and they were having open interviews. I went in and the only question they asked me was when I was available. They then told me I was hired and to go apply online and they would get back to me. However, they have not called me back and it has been 3 weeks.