Tradesmen International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrician Interview

Electrician
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tradesmen International in March 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply online. When I applied, I got a call almost immediately. They were in need of people immediately. I went in and filled out paperwork and there wasn't much of an interview. They need bodies and don't seem to care much about whether you can do the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever been part of a labor union?   View Answer

Bangor, ME (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tradesmen International in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied via craigslist. Interviewed over the phone and in person. Very unconventional as HR rep was not involved.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tradesmen International in May 2012.

Interview Details I was interviewed by a manager in an IHOP in Topeka, Ks

Interview Question – I filled out paperwork and was hired the next week after I moved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a fresh college grad and needed to get a job in Kansas City.

Field Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tradesmen International in February 2013.

Interview Details Started out with a quick random phone interview where I was asked about what experience I had. Went in for an office interview. Was asked about experience I had in sales and why I think I would succeed there. Also what I knew about the company and if I saw anything that stood out.

Interview Question – Probably how I plan my normal day out.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Electrician
Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tradesmen International in December 2011.

Interview Details One interview, the interviewer asked me about my work history and my background. Then told me what they provided and what was expected of me.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tradesmen International in May 2011.

Interview Details Two one on one interviews

Interview Question – All question were easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tradesmen International.

Interview Details The primary form of communication for coordinating interviews was by phone. The interview process consisted of two interviews, one with Office Manager and one with Area Manager. The questions are very oriented towards screening for aggressive sales potential.

Interview Question – Questions consisted of: how to sell, biggest sale in history, situational, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great opportunity to make good money if successful. However, I did not get the feeling that I would be a valued employee sought for long-term career potential.

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tradesmen International in January 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview followed up with interview with GM and a ride along.

Interview Question – This is considered entry level, so nothing hard. Just have to be able to cold call into businesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Field Sales base is $30K+$400 car allowance +$80 cell phone.

Mason Interview

Mason
Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tradesmen International in January 2011.

Interview Details Do you own your own tools.

Interview Question – How did you overcome a problem with an employee   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and easy

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Tradesmen International in May 2010.

Interview Details Straightforward interview with Branch Manager and Regional VP.

Interview Question – What are some areas that you seek self improvement in?   View Answer

Worked for Tradesmen International? Contribute to the Community!