Tradesmen International

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

1.9

Apprentice Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tradesmen International (Grand Rapids, MI (US)).

Interview

Start with an over the phone interview just to lure you in. After that, they set up an interview in their office where you tell them your skills that pertains to the job that you applied for.
    When you set your pay rate, they have you sign papers and then set you up to begin training.
    The training is only a half hour OSHA safety video
    After training, you are sent for a drug screen. if everything goes well, you start the job the next day. Keep in mind, they "lure you in. its almost guaranteed that you wont be doing the job that you applied for. most likely you will be doing framing or iron work.

Field Sales Representative/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tradesmen International (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very different, but in a good way. Tradesmen interview process makes you feel like you belong to a team, but understand they take care of their employees.

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tradesmen International (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. back ground checks, ride along with other reps, you fill out a 5 page application ,Three interviews. back ground checks, ride along with other reps, you fill out a 5 page application Three interviews. back ground checks, ride along with other reps, you fill out a 5 page application Three interviews. back ground checks, ride along with other reps, you fill out a 5 page application

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tradesmen International.

Interview

Three interview process. Meet with entry level recruiter, then manager, then General Manager. They contacted me via phone. Told me a little about the position, and then set up the first interview. After the first interview I was called the next day to meet with their manager. From there I was asked to meet with the GM.

Interview Questions

• None, the first interview only two questions were asked. One of them was illegal. They asked "when did you graduate from high school?". The other was "what do you want to know from me?"   1 Answer

The job was sales based, I was trying to get into human resources, not sales.

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tradesmen International.

Interview

Resume first. Next, they check your credentials including licenses and OSHA certifications. Then they invite you in the office for a face to face interview. After starting work, they maintain good contact as to how you are doing.

Interview Questions

• Work experience is the biggest focus. Not difficult at all if you are who you claim to be,   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International in October 2014.

Interview

was called to come in for interview then phone interview and then a ride along to see if I liked it then hired, I was told about the pay and they contacted me through monster

Negotiation

None 30'000 a year

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tradesmen International (Tulsa, OK (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Non Existant as interviews go. They called me on the phone and asked if I had any machine repair wxperience. I stated yes 30 plus years and asked them if that was enough experience.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have in machine repair   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotation, they flat out lied to me from day one, but this waSs not discovered until the third week when first paycheck came, not to job site but I had to drive 52 miles one way to their office to pick up my check, then I discoverd they had paid me $2.00 per less than promised.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International (Knoxville, TN (US)).

Interview

The primary form of communication for coordinating interviews was by phone. The interview process consisted of two interviews, one with Office Manager and one with Area Manager. The questions are very oriented towards screening for aggressive sales potential.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of: how to sell, biggest sale in history, situational, etc.   Answer Question

Great opportunity to make good money if successful. However, I did not get the feeling that I would be a valued employee sought for long-term career potential.

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International (Bangor, ME (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied via craigslist. Interviewed over the phone and in person. Very unconventional as HR rep was not involved.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply online. When I applied, I got a call almost immediately. They were in need of people immediately. I went in and filled out paperwork and there wasn't much of an interview. They need bodies and don't seem to care much about whether you can do the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been part of a labor union?   1 Answer