Transocean Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Transocean (Mumbai).

Interview

Got selected through campus interview.
    Initial shortlisting based on CVs. Then a group activity in which the applicants were divided into groups of 6-7 and some materials were given which had to be constructed into a required structure. There were two teams making 1 structure, and 3 structures in totality. In the end a member from each team had to give a presentation about their model.
    Further shortlisting was done for PI. The interview went pretty smooth and proceeded wherever I steered it. They like it when you are in control.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Conditions were prefixed.

KLPD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Transocean (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online via the company portal. After this they call you for an interview. Just be yourself, if there is one thing that the company appreciates, it's honesty. Appear down to earth and sincere, surely you can land up in this wonderful company.

Rig Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Transocean.

Interview

The recruitment process was in three stages. A written test and two interviews. The written test had basic engineering questions and calculations. The first interview was with a panel that asked questions based on resume contents. The next interview had presentations and group tasks

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should choose you from all applicants?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people, including HR. Very standard interview process, nothing too unusual and very professional. They made an accommodation to my schedule and interviewed me before I started my job so I wouldn't miss any work. I was pleased with the interview.

ART Subsea Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by written test -very basic math and English questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Third Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was very straight forward through my school. Though it was very selective. fifty applicants, out of the fifty only fourteen got iterviews, out of the fourteen interviewers only 3 got jobs, I was one of the three

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Transocean (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was head-hunted by a Senior Supply Chain Manager through Linkedin. The first interview was conducted via telephone with the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Project Director. The tele-conference lasted an hour, with me giving an introduction of myself and past experiences. A second interview ensued shortly with the same interviewers in person. I was quizzed on some technical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• The Project Director assumed I had a master degree.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very keen to hire me after the interviews and met my expected pay package. They did not even bother to ask how much I was paid in my previous employments.

ART Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Transocean in June 2011.

Interview

The interview started with one of the company's offshore(not very sure of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
    I also had an opportunity to meet with an OIM who also did his share of the quizzing.
    Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage. e of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
    Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Transocean, and how did you hear about the company and the ART program.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Transocean in October 2010.

Interview

1 interview, had hired on through an agency, and they needed a temp worker for a couple of months. After my temp time was up they offered me a full time job in another department. The people that work here are amazing, everyone has each other's back and it really has a family type feel to it.

Interview Questions

• How much I knew about the rigs.   1 Answer
    • What is my opinion of Transocean.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate, I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Transocean in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was simple