Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I am scheduled for a face to face interview next week however everything leading up to this point has been very stressful. I have completed the skill tests and phone interview. Not sure what to expect during the 2hr face to face... but will keep fingers crossed

IT Internt Program Interview

This was a great company. The hiring was excellent and very fast. They took me to Hartford and it was a blast. The Interviews were not that bad. It was technical and behavior. There was 5 interviews with different people. They were very friendly and it was a good place to be. I highly recommend Travelers.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 10 cars, with a only a 3 lane circuit (as NASCAR). The 3 lane circuit does not tell you the time, it only tell you the winner of that race. How do you determine the winner from the 10 cars?   Answer Question

FMLDP Interview

Basic behavioral questions were asked, as well as several insurance specific questions. Questions such as "difference between an actuary and underwriter" and your typical finance interview questions. After the initial round interview, there were three more back to back interviews, one with a VP, another with a previous participant, and finally with the program director.

Premium Auditor Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Very long response time. It took from date applied online to the first contact via email which included 11 questions about a couple of wks. Then I heard nothing back. I rec'd a phone call and message left on my cell about a month later wanting to set up a phone interview. I returned the call and left 2 phone messages with no response. One month later I get an email from another person asking if I am still interested and sorry the ball was dropped.
    Then I rec'd a response for a phone interview which took about 40 min. I was told by end of wk I would hear back of a possible interview if they were interested. I heard nothing by end of wk and Monday nothing. So I did a follow up email a cpl days later then a cpl days after that I was told this person was out of the office and they were still considering me. I rec'd a call to set up a time for an Assessment test 4 sections each 20 min long. I was not told I would be having any kind of an interview this day just come in for an Assessment test. Much to my surprise I had an hour long interview, one in person the other on the phone. I guess that went well as they then wanted me to do the Assessment test. Pressure on this test as it was timed and he was coming to get your sheet for each section. I didn't get all the way through the first test but he took it anyway and before I had answered 3 of the questions on the next test he came back and said I didn't pass the first test and there was no reason to move forward. UMMMMM guess there is no average here. YOU MUST SCORE HIGH ON EACH ONE to move fwd. This ended ok for me because during the test I seen a call came through and later found it was an offer for a position I applied for and hired me within 5 days of the whole process. Good money and job no test.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions of a subject I had never experienced. I couldn't answer it as I was never put in that position. These questions would only be important if you have ever been exposed to them.   View Answer

Credit Research Associate Analyst Interview

I suppose you could say I've completed the first few steps of the interview process. I met with Travelers at a campus career fair. The next day, I had a brief and mostly informal interview with them. Almost all behavioral, with one brain teaser. After that, I had to write a 2-page (max) "essay" which I just sent it. The topic was bonds.

Interview Questions
    • At 6:30, what is the angle between the hour and minute hand?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
    • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Auto Interview

There is an initial phone interview in which they primarily describe the job and salary requirements. If you pass that you are asked to come in for a group interview. You are paired off with an interviewer, asked fairly routine questions about your work habits, organizational skills and how you deal with timeline and difficult clients/customers. Your responses are rated and scored and if you pass you are invited to come back and take an assessment. My assessment was a timed paper test consisting of 8 parts multiple choice questions. We were also asked to submit a writing sample. Your were given a prompt and asked to write a written response in word, in my case it consisted of a letter from a customer whose claim was denied. We were told why the claim was denied and asked to write a letter to the customer explaining to reason.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview consisted of questions such as: describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult client/customer. Describe your organizational skills/methods. ect....   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 24 hrs but took 3 weeks to schedule 1st phone interview. Next I gave 3 in-person interviews all of them were easy and straightforward. Waiting for final decision

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

First I was contacted by the Recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. This took about 30 minutes with mainly questions about my work history and general behavioral questions. I was contacted to take the assessment test (3 hours) This test was very overwhelming because of the short timeframe given to complete the sections (7 - 8 sections). I was contacted 2 days later to be told I passed the assessment test and wanted to schedule a face to face with a unit manager. This was a panel interview with LOTS of behavioral questions and questions about your work history (what did you do in a previous role) I then met with one of the ladies from the department that went over the job and allowed me to ask questions...I then had an interview with an associate manager and a higher up manager. I left feeling okay about the whole ordeal but am now just waiting to hear one way or the other. The entire hiring process is very intense. Be prepared!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?
      Why do you want to work for Travelers?
        Answer Question

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Diamond Bar, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

The interview process is very thorough and highly organized. You are given the opportunity to meet with roughly 10 different people in 5 different interview sessions. The individuals you don't have an opportunity to interview with get a chance to eat lunch with you and one other candidate during an impromptu interview during lunch. Overall, I had a positive experience and really felt like I was able to learn a lot about Travelers and the people that I would potentially be working with.

Interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and you had to change your plans.
      If management made a decision you didn't agree with what would you do?
        Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!