Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

Actuary Interview

I applied online. They then scheduled a phone interview and I spoke with someone who had gone through the AALDP. I then went to Travelers for an on-site full day interview. I had 4 interviews and met 6 other students in the program. They emailed within a week letting me know their decision.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

Applied on website. Received call next day to review resume and my interest.

At the end of the call I was advised I would receive a call from another manager. The next day I received a call and again reviewed my resume. At the end of the call I was advised I would receive a call for a face to face.

Got the call and set it up for the face to face. I was brought in a conference room with 3 managers and they went through a packet and asked me questions.

After that I received a call the next day stating they wouldn't be moving forward. I asked why and they stated they wanted me to know more about the company and that my reasoning for leaving my current job for more money at travelers wasn't good enough.

I felt from the beginning it was a losing battle. One manager in the interview didn't even say a word or make eye contact. It was a tad awkward.

All in all I usually get any job I interview for so this was a surprise. On to the next one.

Outside Property Adjuster Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Initial phone interview to review resume, then assessment test which I had taken prior to back in 2010 from another interview so no retake necessary. Received call for face to face interview with 2 managers, then phone interview with Product Manager and a final phone interview with VP of Claims and HR Director. Process was long only because they were in no rush.

Interview Questions
    • Common Behavioral Based interview questions. Examples with results, and why travelers   Answer Question
    None, travelers is a top payer in the industry so offers made usually have no negotiations

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Basic over the phone interview. Brought in for a 4 hour aptitude test. One interview with two unit managers. Once hired, twelve new hires were told they were among 500 candidates who made the cut (a big LIE).

Interview Questions
    • None. The majority of unit managers at CCS are unqualified to do their jobs. At the interview, they seemed bother, unprepared, and in a hurry.   Answer Question
    No negotiations! If bi-lingual, DO NOT accept to work as a Bi-Lingual Claims Customer Service Rep.

PPDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Initial interview, final interview in Hartford. Simple interview questions but they were clearly looking for something specific. The people were very nice and helpful. The questions were standard, two different interviewers, test on math and reading skills that was on the computer, no results are given.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a real world problem for the insurance industry.   Answer Question

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

1 phone interview. 1 panel interview with operations manager (2 people). 1 interview with director of operations. 1 interview with vp of operations and director of hr. 4 interviews all togther.

No negotiating

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

In submitted my application on line and was contacted about a week later by an HR representative. Scheduled a phone screen for later in the week after which the rep stat ed someone would contact me in the next two weeks. Recieved a call the following Monday to set up a time to come I and take the 8 part assessment. After the asessment I was informed that I would be contacted in the following two weeks with the results and I would be moving to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • What a free your salary expectations?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?

Answer Question

Claims Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

They scheduled a phone interview, took about 25 min, with the basic interview questions and relatiable job expierence. still waiing to hear about a formal interview with the local office.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly basic questions such as what are your strenghs, what skill best describes why you would be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

I applied through my college's career website and applied through their website. I received an e-mail to set-up a phone interview. Following my phone interview 1-2 days, I received an e-mail to set up a super day interview. The interview consisted of 3 45-minute interviews, a lunch with another candidate and 2 analysts, as well as a one-hour assessment. The assessment is half verbal and half math. The assessment is basically a test on seeing how well you can identify important data and incorporate that into the answer (which is similar to an analyst position). I am still waiting to hear back if I received a final offer or not.

Total Loss Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 45 min to an hour. Received a phone call a couple of days later from HR to set up a time to take the assessment. Assessment was 8 parts. Not too hard but very lengthy! Took about 3 hours. Received a phone call from HR the same day after the assessment and was informed I had passed and a manager would contact me the next week. Manager contacted me 6 business days later to set up interview. Said it would be 4 hour interview with 2 or 3 different panels. Interviewing this week. Will update once interview is done. Process so far has been about 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Do you think a someone's GPA describes their work ethic?   Answer Question