Tyco Interview Questions

Updated 20 Aug 2014
Updated 20 Aug 2014

2.8

Finance Manager Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions
    • If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

Initially I was hired as a Assistant manager, and was also promised for growth with in 6 month to 1 year to the position of Manager. There would generally be a good amount allotted for new hires, how ever HR/ Dept Managers negotiate too much and gain importance showing cost saving on the hiring, very poor hiring strategy. This has a long standing effect as when you compare your counter part in other countries/ town/ other companies with in India, many a times you would realize that you have not been on par with your counter part.

Job Security - This company has a history of firing people with out proper notice period, due to failure in their recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • How does HR ensure they evaluate an individual on his performance with out any prejudice.

What are the steps / initiatives taken by management to eliminate favouritism in India

How do they identify and grow talents with in the company
        Answer Question
    Never negotiate the salary, HR Managers are not here to identify and state your worth.

Intern Interview

Resume shortlist followed by Telephone Interview. The resume shortlist is mostly based on Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and projects. Around 15 were shortlisted out of 50 students. The interview is very generic. They didn't concentrate much on technical aspects. Most of the questions were HR oriented-- Whether my interests match with the profile etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I interested in the given profile. Two profiles were given, one on communications and other on embedded systems. I was asked to explain which of those I would like to choose and why   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tyco in April 2009.

Interviewed on the basis of past experience, see the way of communication, project handles, questioning on the project related activities, roles and responsibilities, discussion on salary, etc

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tyco in January 2009.

2 Manager rounds, 1 technical round, 1 HR

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the S/W development process used in your company in detail   View Answer
    no negotiation

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco.

They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
    Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
    the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.