UBS

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions
    • Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Generally 2 rounds of interviews happen.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that you have faced in your current role?, What are your core strengths and weakness?   Answer Question
    On compensation

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in September 2008.

the interview process was a bit lengthy but it was very pleasantly conducted by the HR and the team mates who were involved in the interview process. Face to face round was very energetically conducted. Everybody was helpful. Joint team work was shown throughout the process. Supportive leadership was seen rather than authoritative and that was the best part

Interview Questions
    • Try to implement your CAPM research project in the present trend of securities?   Answer Question

Chief Operating Office Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions
    • hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions
    • In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock.
      Square root of 3?
      What will happen when interest rates increase?
      I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?

Answer Question