UBS Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

interviewed at UBS (Mumbai) in July 2011.

Interview

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions

• Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS (Hyderābād) in April 2010.

Interview

Generally 2 rounds of interviews happen.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges that you have faced in your current role?, What are your core strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

On compensation

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS (Hyderābād) in September 2008.

Interview

the interview process was a bit lengthy but it was very pleasantly conducted by the HR and the team mates who were involved in the interview process. Face to face round was very energetically conducted. Everybody was helpful. Joint team work was shown throughout the process. Supportive leadership was seen rather than authoritative and that was the best part

Interview Questions

• Try to implement your CAPM research project in the present trend of securities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Received a phone call asking to set up an in person interview. Scheduled for the following week. Very casual interview. Had a very casual conversation for the majority of the interview, with some minor questions about some things on my resume. Felt like it went very well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

After completing the online application I was invited to a telephone interview with HR. This included such as why UBS, the financial crisis, how I would invest £1m etc. I was then invited to an assessment centre. This consisted of a presentation on a case study (SWOT analysis), a competency interview, a technical interview and group exercise.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

1...Contact by complex director and regional manager. Brief 15 minute interview over the phone, then scheduled an in person meeting one month later.
    2...Meeting in branch with director for 30 minutes, discussing the three teams I would be interviewing with. Interviewed with three teams, approximately 45 minutes a piece. Final meeting with director at end of day. Director suggested I would hear back from all teams by end of week, likely getting three offers.
    3. Received three offers. Discussed options with director over the phone, then scheduled 30 minute conference call with each team to discuss vision and roles. Selected team over weekend.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle moving to Columbus knowing only your girlfriend?   1 Answer

Placement Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Online Questions, were then followed by numerical and logical reasoning tests online before you had to resit the numerical test at the interview.

You had interviews with different managers to discuss how you would fit into that role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied through my campus portal. Heard back 2+ months and received an interview at my college campus. Mostly behavioral based questions. Interviewers were really friendly and laid back. Consisted of 3 half hour interviews back to back. Focused on team work and personality over technical questions. Show an interest in the firm and know about the programs offered.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Basic question about self and how this role will help u . Need to understand their processes and demonstrate that you can hit the ground running

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

one phone interview and one AC with numerical test, presentations and one on one interview. Not too hard but time for numerical test was really tight. Better to be prepared ahead of time. I attended the information session so I think it might be crucial for getting the first round interview