UBS

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Interview Details Generally 2 rounds of interviews happen.

Interview Question – What are the challenges that you have faced in your current role?, What are your core strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On compensation

Summer Analyst Interview

Mumbai

I interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

Interview Details There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Question – Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in September 2008.

Interview Details the interview process was a bit lengthy but it was very pleasantly conducted by the HR and the team mates who were involved in the interview process. Face to face round was very energetically conducted. Everybody was helpful. Joint team work was shown throughout the process. Supportive leadership was seen rather than authoritative and that was the best part

Interview Question – Try to implement your CAPM research project in the present trend of securities?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details Received an interview after speaking with current employees. The interview was conducted in brackets with 3 people. Questions were standard and all interviewees were quite nice.

Interview Question – Why UBS? (I have always struggled with this type of question)   Answer Question

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds of interview. Some were 1:1 but most were 2:1. Each time I went in for an interview I was there for about 1.5-2 hours. There were lots of fit questions and some technical questions, but nothing too crazy. Lots of questions about UBS Private Wealth Management and why they are different from other PWM shops.

Interview Question – What makes us different from our competitors and why did you chose to interview with us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't room for negotiation on salary. I tried but to no avail.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

Interview Details The scheme is designed to develop individuals who can lead and manage our complex business units and functions, which play a crucial role in ensuring that we are able to capitalise on the strength of our investment capability. We are looking for individuals who are excited about delivering commercial success by applying a combination of analysis, strategic thinking, relationship management and leadership skills. This scheme will suit graduates who have a commercial mind-set and want to gain an in-depth understanding of how a dynamic business works in order to take up a future leadership role.

Interview Question – The scheme typically lasts between 12 and 18 months and involves a series of three month placements in our business units. In each rotation, you will work closely with senior management and colleagues to expand your range of skills and competencies.   View Answer

Sales Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

Interview Details 20 minutes interview

Interview Question – Why sales? Why UBS? Extracurricular activities? Pitch a stock   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Kraków (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

Interview Details It took them 3 weeks to call me from the moment that I applied at their web site. The interview was part in polish and part in english, nothing special, just normal questions like why ubs, questions about my previous job, education etc.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected or difficult, standard questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Interview Details Initially had the impression that the office is very unmaintained and dirty. The people who did the interview were very professional. They use some really outdated technologies but that is true of any bank. There are varying number of interview rounds depending on team, but usually it will include solving an example task.

Interview Question – Specific trading industry knowledge, knowing the difference between an option and a future.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for at least 30% more money they initially offer.

Director, Investment Banking Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2010.

Interview Details Interview process was smooth but they negotiated to bring me a year behind given slow market, highlighting their transanctional nature. Not something you look for in an ideal employer.

Interview Question – Technical question from a smart Exec Director   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be firm in your demands and having an alternate offer helps.

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS interview questions and advice. All 502 interview reviews are posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.