UBS Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions
    • Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Generally 2 rounds of interviews happen.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that you have faced in your current role?, What are your core strengths and weakness?   Answer Question
    On compensation

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in September 2008.

the interview process was a bit lengthy but it was very pleasantly conducted by the HR and the team mates who were involved in the interview process. Face to face round was very energetically conducted. Everybody was helpful. Joint team work was shown throughout the process. Supportive leadership was seen rather than authoritative and that was the best part

Interview Questions
    • Try to implement your CAPM research project in the present trend of securities?   Answer Question

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question

Group Technology Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were no curveball questions, mostly behavioral and getting to know me. They just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit at the company based on personality and obvious work ethic.

No negotiation

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

Online application. The process took only a few days. I got called for a phone interview scheduled the next day. After that phone interview (compentency based questions) they sent me an email for the assessment centre taking place a few days after. At the Assessment Centre there were 5 steps : a numerical test, a presentation, 2 interviews and a group exercise.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview was very informal, not technical at all. Conversation was very laid back, they explained the job and went over when they would need me to work. Ended up getting the job and have learned alot

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in teams? was also asked to go into detail about my prior work experience   Answer Question

Emerging Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

I had to write an essay on who would be best for UBS other than me. I then had to do an online numeracy and logic tests with tight time constrains. I then had a 30 minute or so phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had lots of typical questions such as how would you invest £1 million, what is you biggest failures and how did you learn from it. The questions did not require much preparation other than learning a bit about the bank and the position.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

First round was purely competency based over the phone "what was the most difficult decision you had to take in the past 12 months" "why UBS" and "how would you invest 1 million USD".

Second round consisted of another numerical test, a presentation of a company (had 30 minutes to prepare a SWOT analysis), a competency-based interview, and an interview based on your knowledge of the markets. All was fairly simple, and people were very nice.

Business Analyst Interview

it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.

Interview Questions
    • explain the most satisfying solution provided to a business problem   Answer Question