UC Davis

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Assistant III Interview

Student Assistant III

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details Very informal interview, I heard of the job through a friend and contacted the employer directly, asking if they had any openings. When I went in for an interview, they asked me a few questions about my work ethic and gave me more info about the job. I took the job after the interview, filled out all the paperwork and was working within a week.

Interview Question – None, the interview was very simple.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Interview Question – Career plan   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details I contacted several PIs about graduate student opportunities in their labs and the funding situation. I had phone conversations with them about these opportunities before my interview in the spring.

Interview Question – What are your motivations?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in November 2013.

Interview Details Hiring was fairly straightforward. Applied on the job portal on the website and heard back from them a few days later. Regular interview with 3 people and they even gave me the questions they were going to ask beforehand. It lasted around 30 minutes or so. Called me back a week later about the results. Practicing regular interviews helped a lot and they asked pretty stereotypical questions (experience, greatest weakness, etc).

Interview Question – What was your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in September 2013.

Interview Details Sent an email applying for the position. got an email saying the prof wants to meet me. had basic questions about the course

Junior Specialist Interview

Junior Specialist

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details there was not hiring process for this particular position. I knew the PI and it was completely up to him to bring people on. Other positions, I know, are not like this.

Student Graphic Designer Interview

Student Graphic Designer
Davis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2010.

Interview Details Was Contacted by Marketing Manager, given three time slots and interviewed at the ARC although the office was located at the Memorial Union.

Once there, I was interviewed by the current student marketing manager and the Faculty Manager. The interview was about 1.5 hours long, they had many questions regarding my past experiences, my resume, my portfolio and projects I've done. They also asked many scenario questions relating to my potential position and I brought past experiences to deal with it.

Knowledge for the company and its branches is a must, and understanding what the role as well as what the company does for other units is important.

Interview Question – They brought in past pieces and asked me to critique and judge them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay

Very Easy Interview

Ad Manager Interview

Ad Manager
Davis, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in November 2012.

Interview Details Initial communication then two interviews. Had to start as an ad representative.

Interview Question – How will you increase revenue.   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Davis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2012.

Interview Details Professional process. Asked 10-15 questions about your graphic design experience. Asked to show your portfolio at the end. Very standard interview.

Interview Question – Branding is a huge concept. Understand that and you will flourish.   Answer Question

Bike Mechanic Interview

Bike Mechanic

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Question – None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!