UC Davis

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.7

Computer Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Panel interview, where technical questions were asked that could be asked during day to day tasks. Hiring took some time but once it was completed it was a pretty straight forward process.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis in September 2014.

The process to 4 weeks to hear something. I got a call for an interview a week after applying. It took a month to hear I was not getting the job. The interview consisted of a lot of personality questions and how you handle issues. They are scripted and you interview with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an employee who does not agree with a task your are doing? Give and example of how you have handled it this in the past.   Answer Question

Student Assistant III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Very informal interview, I heard of the job through a friend and contacted the employer directly, asking if they had any openings. When I went in for an interview, they asked me a few questions about my work ethic and gave me more info about the job. I took the job after the interview, filled out all the paperwork and was working within a week.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis.

Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

I contacted several PIs about graduate student opportunities in their labs and the funding situation. I had phone conversations with them about these opportunities before my interview in the spring.

Junior Specialist Interview

there was not hiring process for this particular position. I knew the PI and it was completely up to him to bring people on. Other positions, I know, are not like this.

Bike Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Questions
    • None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question

Assistant II Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

My hiring process was interesting because I was already working as a temporary employee in the position I was applying for. So, this obviously gave me a rather huge advantage. I submitted the application according to the usual process and was interviewed by a panel of three people, two of whom would be my supervisors and one who would be a coworker, but not working in the program that had the open position I was applying for. The interview questions were fairly basic and not terribly difficult, but did require thoughtful answers.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to this job and working with this population of students (1st generation college students)?   Answer Question
    The university system has a fairly rigid salary and advancement structure. I addition, I believe I was getting a boost in salary upon becoming a full-time employee as opposed to a temp, so I didn't push the negotiation very hard.

Career Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Meeting with Deans and directors

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis.

Applied through UC Davis jobs website. Was contacted via e-mail for 1:1 job interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult question as this is only a student assistant job. They were mostly typical interview questions such as - what are your strength and weaknesses, what are your hobbies, what is your class schedule. There were no technical questions.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.