UCLA

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UCLA in February 2013.

Interview Details Give a 45-min presentation with 15min Q&A, nothing unexpected. Paperwork takes a while

Negotiation Details – not too much to negotiate as it's NIH standard

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details Applied to a PhD program in the usual way. GRE, TOEFL, LoRs, diplomas etc. I had to go through a skype interview also. At the end, I got admitted. Now, I am in my third year.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions really. Just what I have done in the past.   Answer Question

Video Production Assistant Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in May 2012.

Interview Details Written application, interview with supervisor

Interview Question – Explain a situation in which you worked with a team and solved a problem.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Westwood, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details They use an outside company as the first point of contact and will conduct a phone interview initially.

Interview Question – You just need to know your experience well and make it relate to the job you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details The process consisted of connecting with the researcher, interviewing, and then being hired.

Interview Question – The length of time for employment.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details Met with manager and was offered position within a week

Interview Question – tell a time you had to work on something difficult   Answer Question

Senior Institutional Research Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in February 2014.

Interview Details I heard back from them about a phone interview about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. I had to complete 3 essay questions about problem solving situations before the interview. The position seems to be very IT focused, rather than research oriented.

Interview Question – When you are communicating data to people who are not experts in the field, what is the most important thing?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA in July 2012.

Interview Details E-mail and Telephonic interview.
Interview was basically directed towards hiring position requirements and my background to solve those needs. Questions were mostly technical and my previous experiences. Apart for that general questions were asked to evaluate my work attitude, leadership and needs. I think I was evaluated if I have enough background experience to work in this position and my ability to satisfy the position needs.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult for me.. It was general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was much to negotiate. Deep background research needed before applying to your recruiter.

______ Assistant II Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in January 2011.

Interview Details There was only one interview with two supervisors. Questions were pretty ordinary for a clerical job. The hiring process was really quick. Work culture varies in terms of who (personality-wise) and where you get placed to work with.

Interview Question – Explain your strengths and shortcomings, always really awkward to think about.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UCLA in April 2011.

Interview Details Behavioral Interview Questions

Interview Question – Standard questions. Some departments require a computer test.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UCLA

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews are posted anonymously by UCLA employees and interview candidates.