UPS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Springfield, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, was informed of open house interviews, selected a date, was told about the job, mentioned that I worked Christmas and no offer was made at the end of the season (even surprising my driver) and was asked to return three days later with ID and direct deposit information. I had that with me. The second interview entailed filling out forms and the interviewer said someone would get back to me. That was April, this is August. According to the website my application is active. Unbaptized babies no longer go to limbo but people willing to start work at four in the morning remain in limbo indefinitely.

Interview Question – Do you have reliable transportation?   View Answer

General Ledger Accountant Interview

General Ledger Accountant
Coppell, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in May 2013.

Interview Details As a referral applicant, I sent email to a specific contact. It was only a matter of days when I received a reply email asking me to show up for interview.

During the interview, I was asked standard interview questions: Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in X years, etc. Interviewers are looking for people with former account reconciliation experience; along with strong Microsoft Excel/Access expertise.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Accounting as a career?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Neg

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Question – Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2011.

Interview Details Took four days but was very educational.they go over all the rules and regulations , they tour the work plant and make bages for entering into the building it is truly an exspierince.

Interview Question – Learning their five key to lifting and lowering .   Answer Question

UPS Sorter Interview

UPS Sorter

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details Applied online, scheduled tour online also. During tour walked around facility and was given descriptions of different position within the facility. After tour taken into a room and asked if I felt I could do the job I said and and was hired just like that

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Hodgkins, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Super easy interview, most of it is just to confirm things on your app, but there is a massive catch: the main one being that the pay is LAUGHABLE for work you'll be putting into one shift, and they know it.

Even worse, they take out union dues every single week, more than one and 1/2 of your hourly rate in most cases, even though you don't have any union protection during your first 40 days of work and can be fired merely because you didn't dot your I's or cross your T's (which is a scam in my book, but that's a story for another day).

Add in the fact that it's an unsafe working environment at best, and that the job description lies about the 70 pounds thing (you'll have to lift over 70's when putting in or unloading "bulk") and again, the meager pay, I'll just flat out say you're better off literally flipping burgers than risking your neck as a "package handler" at UPS.

Oh, and if you're thinking of going in at the bottom and trying to move up, think again! They have a "non-rehire" policy, so if you suck at loading or unloading, or you full time supervisor doesn't like you, you'll never be able to work for the company again!

So think hard before you pursue this position.

Interview Question – None. Depending on the HR rep you get, they might toss in "Why do you want to work for UPS" or "What does safety mean to you?", but they really use the 40 day work period as the interview.

The hard part is getting a call back.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. $8.50. Take it or leave it.

Co Op Interview

Co Op

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university website and got a call the following week asking basic questions about my gpa, major and a little of what I currently know. Got another call the next week and set up a panel interview. Interview was fairly easy, most of the questions were based on my resume and also behavioral questions were asked. Just waiting on a call to see if I get hired or not.

Interview Question – How do you go about testing your programs/applications.   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

UPS Package Handler
Addison, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview Details Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Question – Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Seasonal Driver Interview

Seasonal Driver
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

Interview Details Must prove you can drive the brown parcel truck as last part of the interview. You will go out with a center supervisor and they will want to see basic skills like backing into a loading zone, watching center traffic, stopping at all necessary stops, and going safe speed and honking horn to alert others also be prepared to stop on a hill using parking break and then going forward releasing parking break and giving gas at same time so the truck does not go backwards down the hill. You will go around the center first then you will go on about a 5 mile round trip in traffic.

Interview Question – Didn't expect to have skills test of driving truck at end of first interview. Thought maybe that might happen on a 2nd but they want to know right away if you have any trouble. General questions were not unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rate was not negotiable and no benefits due to it being seasonal position

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details The process is very thorough, and sometimes lengthy. Some hired around the same time as me were strung along for as much as 6 months. It is not uncommon for the communication to go cold and then weeks later receive an offer. So hang in there.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!