UPS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.1

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Specialist In Singapore Branch Interview

1st round - Excel test
    2nd round - With the hiring manager

Had a bad impression - Receptionist was speaking in an interrogation manner at some visitors who turned out to be interviewees. HR spoke in a vehement way how to go about to do the test. Environment seemed to border on impoliteness and spelt trouble, for me.

Part Time Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in August 2010.

Part-time supervisor position is filled within the company. Part time package employees can apply at anytime if there is a position available. The best way to get an opportunity (at least with my location) is to be a hard worker or at least gets along with the current part-time supervisor. Part-time supervisor will make a recommendation to the full time manager which makes it easier to get a chance. If your initial submission is accepted then the next step is to take a test to see if you have the qualities to become a supervisor. The test is online and consists of situational questions in the work environment. The answers are in multiple choice (fill in the blank too?). A good way to take the test is to be neutral in your answers. You shouldn't be too extreme or mellow in your answers to the questions. After you pass the test, the full time supervisor will give you a face to face interview. Depending on that, you'll get some more management training and start your new position.

Interview Questions
    • If you suspect an employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, what would your next action involve?   View Answers (3)
    Not much room to negotiate since it's only part-time

PT Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

my interviewed LASTED 5 MINS i was asked very few questions, and gave acceptance for back ground. after interview i TOOK MAPP TEST , TWO DAYS LATER GOT RESULTS PASS AND STARTED TRAINING 2 WEEKS LATER.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

UPS promotes from within. I expressed interest in management as a driver and was promoted from this position to full time management. The interview was conducted by the District IE Manager who rode on car with me for a full day to get to know me and ask a lot of questions. I also had to take an aptitude type test to measure my compatibility with UPS management.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negotiation.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Simple quick, basic question Asked a lot of question about if i could handle the work load as well as if i could handle the hours (grave yard shift) Asked about how much i expected to get payed and how much i wanted to get paid

Was none

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

After submitting your application at any major hub you're likely to be contacted by a lead HR rep. You'll be called in for a group interview/tour where every potential employee is briefed on the physical requirements and such things. Basically, if you can show the HR rep that you know what is expected of you and you will work hard they will call about another interview within a few days. If they do not call again you may go in person to the HR department and ask about whether or not they will give you a shot, this will seal the deal. If you go in person and show you have high interest they will set an appointment for you on the spot and then you have the job. The interview questions are as simple as this, "Can you lift 'n' amount of pounds nonstop?", "Can you show up on time every day?".

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is not a question but is impressing the HR rep. However this is unnecessary if you just go in person after your first interview.   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate as the starting pay was much higher than I could have expected, $11/hr. If you are being offered below that try to negotiate up to $11, that is what the HR guys are allowed to pay without contacting corporate.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!