UPS Interview Questions

Updated 18 May 2015

2.0

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews in their Expo office - the first round was held by HR manager and business manager. I don't think there were a lot of questions related to the JD itself. They seemed more concerned about company culture fit. The second round was held by Business managers from related departments and also the HR manager. Interesting enough the interview was more about softskills.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Tukwila, WA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

You will take a tour of the facility and have an opportunity to interview with a Human Resources representative. The entire process will take approximately 2 hours. Since you will be going on a tour of the facility you will be required to wear appropriate footwear. Open toe shoes (i.e. flip flops, sandals, etc.) and heels are not allowed. Please bring 2 pieces of valid identification. One must be a photo ID.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. One interview was with the hiring manager and another one was with the hiring supervisor and the HR officer. Generally the people here are very friendly and welcoming (including recep).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; why do you think you are suitable for this job   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

panel interview that lasted for about an hour in a conference room with a few people sitting across from you. I do not remember much from the interview as it was a few years ago, but for the most part it was a pleasant experience, they did not go out of their way to trip you up or make you feel uncomfortable.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Asked questions about education and experience. Asked if I was willing to travel and work nights and weekends. Wanted to know if I was willing to relocate if needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your education as it applies to the position   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to discuss my current position and explained in depth what the position required. That part took 45 minutes...I "passed" to the second round which was a link for a TIMED test...it was a mental test that stressed me out and I think they should give that test first before wasting 2-3 hours of my life...that test was ridiculous

Interview Questions

• That Link to the test: Johny has a blue apple and gave it to Jenny who traded that blue apple for the banana that Tom gave her earlier what did Jenny trade Tom to get that banana   1 Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Anaheim, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

TAKES 8 years to 10 years to become a drivers for UPS.

The interview started with someone from the human resources came out from the door to great us. After that she point to the job description paper and ask if everyone has read it? Then she went into more how the job is but she started with all the negatives things about the job like very hard work for only 3-5 hours long... Also must be able to handle 800 boxes an hour for the job. Then she told us about the hours that we were able to pick. The shifts were sunrise 3.00 is to 9.00 or twilight 8:.00 pm to 12:00 am. Also have to work 5 days a week. After that was all done she let us think about if we really wanted the job about 5m or so. Then we were able to talk to her one on one so she could write down some information about you.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to college? if your answer is no then you will not get the job they only want people that go to school for a part time job........   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

short personal interview. hiring was fairly quick after interview process. it was professional and easy to talk with hiring manager. great for first time workers and those in need of a full time position for a short period of time. gets you ready for other customer service jobs. hourly flexible by shifts.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

1st there was HR Screening round after that a manager called ... he explained the job responsibilities and also asked about my general background, he also answered all my questions related to job later there was a third round that was set with a hiring manager he tested me on the job responsibilities and how much do I know about my resume

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer