UPS

Updated 16 Dec 2014
Updated 16 Dec 2014

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whites Creek, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whites Creek, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

At the end of filling out the online application for the part time package handler position, I was given a date and time to show up at the UPS hub for a group tour. Upon arrival, I was seated in a room in the HR building with about 15 other people. The HR rep went over job details and what to expect while working for UPS and gave us a ten minute tour of the warehouse. We returned to the HR building and the HR rep called us back to his desk, one by one to schedule our real interviews for the next day. The next day I come back for the interview and the HR rep basically just asked me why I wanted to work for UPS and about my previous work experience. Other than that, he was mostly just confirming my info on my application was correct. He told me they had to run a background check that would take 3-5 days (which actually ended up taking 2 weeks) and I was offered the job. Easy peasy, nothing to worry about folks.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I applied online and the next day, I received a phone call for an interview. I scheduled a time for the following day. They are very prompt and upfront about the job and its requirements. They ask simple questions to get to know you. From that, they determine if you would be qualified to take the job and the tests that go along with it.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The first interview was a group of 14. After reviewing the dress code while still in the lobby, we were led to a hallway where we were sorted by where we live. The keepers were taken one by one to answer some very basic questions (when have you worked hard, when have you worked fast, are you a student now) and the ones who lived in the "wrong" cities left their name and email and were sent home.

No negotiation. Published pay per hour, published uniform provided, no benefits.

Holiday Delivery Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The Interview was set up on line. That was great. The interview was easy. The interview was relaxing. Nice Human Resources lady. I felt at ease during the whole process. Even if I dont get the job, I would interview there again. I have heard that UPS is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • I was told I would have to shave my beard. No goatee or beards are allowed on drivers or holiday helpers.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attalla, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attalla, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

Sounds like a good place to work i will be glad to give this job a try and i love jobs like that working with good people's i love positive people like my self yes i would love to try for a job for this position

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

extensive and harsh to no avail. managers approach the interview with an interrogation point of view versus getting to know the person and asking more important questions such as "where did you previously work and why did you leave" as opposed to "what makes you think you can work " or "why would you think that we would hire someone like you, do you really think that you could do this job" very tactless in the entire interview process

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS.

They hire from within, usually friends or affiliates. They play favoritism, they hold interview for formality, but you can always sense that they have someone in mind and it isn't you. If your lucky they call you for an interview or they respond to you about interview process after filling the position.

Interview Questions
    • They have no relevant questions, they hire who they like or favor, not based on qualifications or work ethics   View Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

I filled out a application for UPS and I recived a call 2 weeks later to view a tour a of the Ups facility. I don't know if I receive the job yet but I would like to know within the next three days of I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared to do hard work

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online through college and got set up in an interview in person with a person from HR. It led to a phone interview with the head of the department I was applying to.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

One 30 minute phone interview, one in person interview with a director, manager, and supervisor. The phone interview was about my skills and qualifications. The in person was more behavioral questions