UPS Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.1

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

Package Handler - Pre-Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online and received a call a couple of days later for an interview. I got called back for a second interview which included a brief tour of the facility. I was told that I'd be contacted for training dates but was never contacted and when I contacted the person who interviewed me to request information about training dates he did not return my call.

Interview Questions

I didn't actually decline. They said they were calling me back for a training session and didn't follow through.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UPS.

I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
        Answer Question
    None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

UPS Sorter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online, scheduled tour online also. During tour walked around facility and was given descriptions of different position within the facility. After tour taken into a room and asked if I felt I could do the job I said and and was hired just like that

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Well, it was a pretty straightforward interview. Met at the security check and then walked into the facility to meet our representative. Took about a half an hour or so to tour the facility. Then, we were asked if the position seemed like something that you could see yourself doing and if the hours worked with your schedule (there were two shifts available at the time). We were then given a background check paper to fill out if we were interested and interviewed one by one. Most questions the HR rep that I had said were things like, "Why do you want to work for UPS?" & "What makes you qualified for this position?" But, for myself, it was a cake walk. Was told they would give me a call back if they felt I was right for the position. This was on a Thursday. They followed up and called me in for a second interview the following week on Tuesday, so overall I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negoations. Take it or leave it. They offered me $11.35/hr.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

An overview of the job- then a week of classes and training- includes a lot of safety and driving skills- then co workers takes you out on the route you will be doing for a week- then your on your own

Interview Questions
    • Learning all the safety procedures then memorizing them and you have to say them on command at anytime.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process- set salaries- union workers

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The process is very thorough, and sometimes lengthy. Some hired around the same time as me were strung along for as much as 6 months. It is not uncommon for the communication to go cold and then weeks later receive an offer. So hang in there.

Co Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Applied through university website and got a call the following week asking basic questions about my gpa, major and a little of what I currently know. Got another call the next week and set up a panel interview. Interview was fairly easy, most of the questions were based on my resume and also behavioral questions were asked. Just waiting on a call to see if I get hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about testing your programs/applications.   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
    A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question