UPS Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question

Part Time Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Group interview, poor quality. Approximately 30 people were herded into a small room, presentation was not given very well. Candidates were brought into a separate room, people who had come early, were forced to waait over an hour to be called, interview was very unprofessional.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interviews are scheduled online right after you complete the application process. Interview process is very straightforward, detailed information about the job and job requirements. After the initial presentation the HR people bring you in 1 on 1 for the interview, they'll take your driving transcript and make a copy of your SS and Drivers License. After that the process is background checks which generally take 2 weeks, after the checks and driving records are in if they want to offer a job they'll contact you to setup a DOT physical and a driving test.

Never heard back, online job status does NOT update.

UPS Account Eecutive Interview

3 interviews, as well as a test of how well you can sell.. First was a phone interview, then one was a test, and finally you meet the district manager

Interview Questions
    • They make you sell them something on the spot which is awesome if you're a good salesmen. If you're not then you need not apply in the first place.   Answer Question
    N/A

Loader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

A joke. Only a seasonal position. They basically gave everyone the job. 3 days of training and had to memorize safety rules. They claim how the rules will be enforced but they never were. Last day tested by the divisional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Safety rules took 30 minutes of studying to memorize.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

There was a basic initial 15 minutes phone interview that consisted of typical interview questions such as "Why do you want to go into sales?" and "Explain to me a time when you dealt with an angry customer" If you are good with talking to people this should not be a problem.

Next there was an assessment that took and hour and a half or so. There was some reasoning based questions as well as some sales behavioral questions.

Lastly, was a webcam interview that lasts an hour. Most of the questions ask how you deal with customers in different settings and why do you want to work for UPS.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the problem did not get resolved.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

hiring for the union package handler job is easiest was to get in the door at ups. if you show willingness to do physical work and you have reliable transportation

Interview Questions
    • nothing to difficult, they basically want to know if you can lift up to 60 lbs and you are available to be there 5 days a week for the shift you applied for   Answer Question
    starting pay in non negotiable

Local Sort- Unload Interview

I was hired on the spot because I knew a driver and he gave me a good word with the Local HR rep. There was no interview process. At the time, UPS was short handed because it was Christmas Time and they needed the help. I applied to a small center simply for the benfits and I wound up making a life of it.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online at UPS.com for a part-time package handler position. They're constantly advertising around here for this position. I was able to schedule a tour of the facility online. This tour is mandatory. Basically, you do to the facility at the time of the shift you want, sit in a room with other people who are interested in the position, and get a speech on the pay, benefits, what you do, etc. The HR person basically made it sound like you would be working in a living hell. 20 people showed up to my tour. One guy walked out. After the tour (1.5-2 hours long), you go back to the room and they schedule 1-on-1 interviews the following day with those who want it.

Some tips: Follow the instructions and wear jeans to the tour. Do not bring your cell phone or other junk. Your drama can wait til you leave. The instructions were very clear about this, yet a half dozen people showed up with cell phones, jewelry, etc and got kicked out of the tour.

I went to the interview the next day. I arrived 12 mins ahead of schedule. I had to wait 90 minutes past the scheduled interview time. No one else was waiting, just me. They kept asking me repeatedly if I had checked in, and I had. They kept confirming that I was indeed checked in on the list. This doesn't inspire much confidence in their organizational skills. After this monumental wait, I get taken back by someone in HR for an interview.

Questions were routine and expected. I was only asked 3 questions:Why do you want to work for UPS? Why should we choose you over (I'm paraphrasing here) all the billions of highly qualified people who can also lift boxes? Have you ever had any warehouse experience before?

She noted my address immediately from my application. I was moving in 2 days, and my new house was only 7 miles from the UPS facility. My old address, which was on the application because I applied before my move, was about 25 miles away. She (HR person) made a really big deal about it, then eventually wrote my the fact I was moving closer down on a post-it note. I think this is a big strike against you... if you aren't within football throwing distance of the hub.

I showed up to the interview in a polo shirt and khakis. I didn't want to be in a tie for this position and I also didn't want to look like a low life. The HR person was very taken aback by this and asked initially if I was interviewing for a driver position. She had no idea why I was there, actually, until I told her. She made a really big deal about the clothes... how this isn't a desk job, etc etc. I think the clothes were a strike against me. So my advice is, go in looking like a homeless bum, or at least wear jeans and t-shirt to the interview. Don't try to look nice.

The whole interview took maybe 15 minutes, about 11 minutes of which she wasn't paying any attention to me and just clicking stuff on the computer. At the end she said we were done. I asked about next steps, and if/when I'd hear from them on the position. She said "right now we're just interviewing," and I left it at that.

3 weeks later, no call.