UPS Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Detailed, test included on reasoning. Very structured environment. 3 interviews. Two in the phone and one face to face with a panel role playing. They hire within a lot and i was coming from the outside with a ton of experience. They will likely hire someone less qualified if they already work there.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled objection in the past   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Were informed about the hours, the shift time, and the responsibilities the position entails. The person in charge of the orientation/interview was honest about the duties of the employees and made every effort to weed out disinterested candidates. As a group we were also shown the area of the facility in which we'd be working if hired there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation to the work site?

1 Answer

UPS Sorter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

they ask you if you got experience is sorting packages or unloading, they take like to hours for the first interview, while you wait but the actual interview last like 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• are you able to lift 50 pounds   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Timonium, MD (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was with HR and the other one was with team members including a director. In the interview with HR, I was asked about mostly mostly behavioral based and about a resume. For example, what did you do before?, What are you going to do in this situation? what is your weakness?, and etc. The questions with team members were technical based about Java; basic, methods, how to use them, and etc.

Interview Questions

• How and when do you use try-catch?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked as a team. What is the most difficult thing? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are the differences between method Overloading versus Overriding?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very basic questions regarding your past experience, asked about the understanding about the interviewed position, went through background, and if you wanted to raise any questions regarding the job

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

I was surprised at how many people were there along with me -- if they do the tour/interview every day for a bunch of consecutive days, seems like I have some competition! They brought us into the facility, read us a printout explaining wages/benefits/union dues and the physical intensity of the job, then led us to the loading and unloading areas, as well as explaining sorting. We stood inside a semi truck and looked at the conveyor belts moving packages along. For unloading it seems like you just tear the packages out as fast as you can while still making sure they're address-label-up -- the loading part we didn't get to see as the truck the interviewer took us to was half-full but vacant, I guess they were on break. The interview was super brief, so brief I forgot my well-rehearsed speech (lol) and who knows what the interviewer thought of me.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected -- just do you have any questions, do you have any experience in this type of job, do think you'd do this job 12+ months.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

Not difficult at all. You must be knowledgeable and able to explain your answers in great detail. Be professional at all times and respectful of the people that work for you.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. I went in knowing what will be asked of me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

UPS called and emailed me a couple months after I applied for the position. I talked to the HR reciter where they briefly explain the company's benefits, an in person interview was set up afterwards. The interview was onsite in their office. There were two people interviewing me at the same time, a lead developer and manager. The manager talked about the position and what they were looking for and then asked me questions about my past work followed up by some of the standard behavioral type questions like how do resolve conflicts etc. The lead developer did most of the technical questioning. The questions were not to difficult, standard java questions and design patterns. The in person interview lasted around a hour.

Overall, the interview went well and I did like the two guys that interviewed me. They seemed like some real stand up guys and honest about any question I asked. I wouldn't of mind working with them, it's a shame the company they work for doesn't really help them bring in new and fresh talent (reasons discussed below in why I declined section.)

Interview Questions

There were several factors (and red flags) that caused me to declined and I will list a very pro factors about my experience also.

Pros.
    1) I would say the biggest pro was they offered what I asked
    2) The interview process was quick (besides it took months to initially contact me.)

Cons
    1)The general culture over at UPS. I have been told by several people (including the interviewers) that management expects you to work 50 hours a week. Don't get me wrong, I have been doing software development for years and during crutch time I have no problem working long but I'm not going to do the 50 - 60 hours week all the time. It came off as place that is about how many hours your butt is in a seat and not about your quality of the hours.

2) Men can not have beards (mustaches are OK) and their hair can not past their shoulders which I failed that. I'm currently an consultant, traveling, looking professional and working directly with clients is part of my job. I'm not a believer in telling how people to dress to the fine details like that. Requiring suits, tie and keeping your hair neat and professional looking I have no problem with.

3) This point is what put the nail in the coffin and is the biggest reason I declined the job. When they called back to offer me the position, I requested to have the end of the week to come back with my decision and wanted a offer in writing. I have had recruiters reluctant to give me a written offer without accepting verbally but they also end up giving it to me. She said she would have to ask and they have been trying to fill this position for a long time (remember it took months for them to contact me). They never gave me a written offer so I decline the position. I figure if there HR can not give me a offer letter when they are trying to recruit me to join, how would they treat me once I'm in.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

This was job was found online. Application process was online as well. Interview days were assigned the same time for everyone. Everyone gathered in a line outside headquarters. we submitted our information on a computer once inside. The interviewing process with a person was amazingly short and took about 2 min.