UPS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
592 interviews

2.1

Customer Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Middleburg Heights, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

I applied online at the Upsjobs.com site and about a week later, I was called in for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 with the HR rep. She followed a written format for the interview. I was called back over two weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was about my weaknesses as an employee. I also had to list some of my strengths as well. Another question I was asked was why did I want to work for UPS. I suggest preparing a good answer for this question by researching the company a bit.   View Answer

I was offered a full time job that I thought would be a better fit.

PT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

You start of as a package handler than get asked if you want to get promoted or ask if you can be promoted, you go through the promotion process for like a month then you're in a pool of qualified people whom want to become a pt supervisor. But it's up to you.. The harder you work the more they notice.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation when an employee doesn't want to listen to you?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

There was a basic initial 15 minutes phone interview that consisted of typical interview questions such as "Why do you want to go into sales?" and "Explain to me a time when you dealt with an angry customer" If you are good with talking to people this should not be a problem.

Next there was an assessment that took and hour and a half or so. There was some reasoning based questions as well as some sales behavioral questions.

Lastly, was a webcam interview that lasts an hour. Most of the questions ask how you deal with customers in different settings and why do you want to work for UPS.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the problem did not get resolved.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hodgkins, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in April 2010.

It was fast and quick. He asked the simple questions about me and the overview about the job. I was calm and I made it seem like I wanted this job.

UPS Preload Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

If you get contacted for an interview you pretty much have the job unless you yourself are psyched out once you actually see the madness of what is UPS. It's basically orientation on what goes on, but really is nothing like that upon beginning to work. Its a job where you hate it or you reallly hate it.

Technology Support Group Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Pretty easy, post resume, HR interviews then 1-2 interviews with technology supervisor and/or managers. Skills test, will ask if this is a career choice to stay at ups or just a resume bulder.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to have complete responsobiltiy with no authority?   View Answer
    No UPS is such a large company they do not negotiate with employee's

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Acworth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked to confirm my address.   View Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

nothing out of the ordinary you would expect coming from and interview all you do is show up with a group of people they give a group interview then they pull each person one on one for an inteview and then they let you go home and they tell when your leaving if we need you or you check out we call you

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

Applied online, and scheduled an interview/tour thing. Went down there and there were 25 other people there total interviewing as well. The lady took us through the warehouse and told us about everything. Then we were led back to the first building and had to wait in line as we were interviewed one by one. I was pretty much in the middle of the line at least, and ended up waiting about an hour. The actual interview was really quick. She didn't even ask anything like why I wanted to work there, she just quickly looked over the paper I(and everyone else) filled out and asked about hour availability and if I was going to college or not. That was pretty much it then I left.

Whole thing took like 2 or 3 hours, most of it was waiting in line for the extremely short interview.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coralville, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

Was very straight forward. After online application, was called and email regarding a job visit to discuss job details. Arrived early morning to group interview. Took a quick tour and had individual interview. Had a couple of days to decide if the job was for me or not.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if the work hours bothered me or not (3am-8:30am). Difficult to answer because wasn't sure of myself.   View Answer