UPS

Average Difficulty
569 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. After 2 weeks, I was emailed to come to a information session. First interview was a group information session about what to expect if hired. Was about 20 people there and we were called 1 by 1 for a very short interview. The interview was 4 questions asking: was I able to lift 70 pounds, how much exercise do I get, am I willing to work for 10/hour, will I be able to make it to work on time everyday. Second interview was a tour of the facility with about 4 other people. I was asked the same questions to reassure I still wanted to work there after touring the facility. Was contacted about 3 weeks later to start.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details We met at the guard shack and was escorted by the HR representatives to a conference room. The HR representatives explained the job in further detail about the job that we were applying for. After about a half hour or so, we eventually left the conference room for individual interviews.

Interview Question – Can you lift 75 lbs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was really easy and straight forward. Asked simple questions. Like can I do the physical labor needed for the job. Do I show up on time. Have I ever been convicted on a felony.

Interview Question – Can I lift 75 lbs.   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

UPS Package Handler

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details -Filled out application online then schedule for tour.
-Attend tour(70 min)long, +walk through.
-Group interview during tour.
-A week later I was emailed for 1:1 interview.
-Background check.
-Week later I was emailed to start working.

Interview Question – Yes and No questions.   Answer Question

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Part Time Operations Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details I worked hard as a hourly employee, someone took notice and asked me about management. I took the easy MAPP test and in two weeks I was running the Local Sort. No questions, no interview, no other process.

Interview Question – No actual interview, the hardest part about being promoted was not being trained.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in February 2014.

Interview Details Fist step was a walk through of the entire building and the different areas. Interview process was very step by step and simple. They called me and scheduled an interview. One on one interview was short and sweet. They called and set up my orientation from that point. Overall one of the easiest hiring processes I have been through.

Interview Question – Would you see yourself as management material   Answer Question

Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward, they wanted to make sure i could hangle the physical work, asked if i played sports in school ect. And wanted to make sure my school schedule allowed me to be there everyday. They do run a background check so as long as your clear there its not a difficult job to get.

Interview Question – "You dont make much money at UPS, so why do you want to work here"   Answer Question

UPS Preload Interview

UPS Preload
Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

Interview Details i had one interview and a tour around the facility and it was explained each and every part of the pre load and unload was done and chances to take on extra responsibility

Interview Question – basic strait forward questions   Answer Question

UPS Driver Interview

UPS Driver
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Interview Details This is a very competetive job opportunity. Be ontime for interview. Dress like you are going to interview not like you just got off work.
If you dont have previous experience you better have your thinking cap on. Ready to answer "Why you" for this job. Women dont show up all dolled up. They provide uniforms. Your nails and lipstick wont last a day at work. That wont help you at all. That will only put more doubt in there minds. They are looking for hard working, organized employees that know the City very well. There were 4 interviews
 (When I met with hiring Manager I had to sell myself on how my past experience was relevant to job opp. I was seeking. I was a single Mom with 3 children to support. I only had sales experience.)
 If you are not a good driver to begin with...,pass on this. You are driving a big vehicle in a big city.
Best time to get into this company is Christmas season. They will say its a temporary position. Stay dedicated ...work hard and pay attention to your surroundings. They do time you on how long it takes you to deliver your packages. So being timely and organized is a plus. Being able to work well under pressure is what they are looking for.
No free passes... if you wreck your vehicle in anyway your are done. If you can make it through the busiest season, they will hire a few great drivers permanently. Like I said not for everyone but great opportunity for the right fit.

Interview Question – Why should I give you the job when there are so many drivers from Frito Lay, Hostess ect. waiting for this opportunity?   View Answer

Burtonsville, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. At the end off the app, you pick your tour date. There are 3 steps on 3 different days (Tour, 1st Interview, 2nd Interview). All three days you are with a group of others. Everyone is interviewed individually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. Union rate

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!