URS Corporation, an AECOM company Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.5

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Panel interview with specific questions concerning environmental permitting, sampling, and testing.

Not much negotiation

Scheduling Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in November 2013.

First got an email asking for more information. Then had a phone interview and a week later was scheduled for face to face interview.

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Submitted resume online; Two weeks later, HR contacted me via email to setup phone interview with a VP of Data Management; One week later, a 30 minute phone interview with the VP and an aviation employee took place. From the very beginning, they were only interested in my aviation background, as I do have other pertinent industrial and academia experiences relating to this position. Amazingly, they "dug" for information specifically about the company's proprietary aviation datasets, main project details, and mostly about government funding as if they weren't interested in "me" but just about my prior company's "status". They deviated away from the job description entirely (i.e. GIS support on environmental and civil projects) - asking about my aviation background only and no other industrial experiences; We briefly spoke about my atmospheric-flight data integration work. They cut me short on discussing my prior accomplishments and also added distractions while I spoke (see below). The distractions happened about 16 minutes within the interview and carried to the end.

What brought this experience to a clearly "negative" level was that the VP had an aviation employee next to him (for screening obviously) who noticeably chuckled and tried adding "gotcha" questions into the interview (demonstrating incompetence and unprofessional, childish behavior).

They never asked if I had any questions regarding their position, about URS, or why I wanted to work for them (it was purely one directional information gathering and they targeted my prior company). It was definitely the worst interview experience in my career, none of which I expected it to be moderated by a 20+ year URS vice president.

Interview Questions
    • Did you even work with any radar data? (sarcastic with a chuckle added)   View Answer

Construction Inspector/CMR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Hiring process was straight forward. Interviews were pleasant and didn't feel like there were any 'gotcha questions'

Interview Questions
    The contract was already set up and compensation and benefits were already in place. Being new to URS at that time, I felt the compensation was adequate for the position I held

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

First phone call with some basic question

Interview Questions
    they offer very low salary

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
    There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

Maintenance Reliability Planner Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

1st phone: Preliminary HR type interview on background.(20 Minutes) 2nd Phone Interview with 2 technical experts to assess my depth of knowledge and field experience (45 Minutes to 1 hour). 3rd. In person meeting with the site manager, answering many questions on varied scenario 2 hours long, the 4th interview was with representatives of the customer company, "Meet and Greet to see if the customer might have any objections to me.

Interview Questions
    • Age related, as I am a senior adult. Their concern was retirement related and concern that my attention wouldn't be company focused enough.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

Emailed to set up an interview time. Worked well to accommodate a time interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a normal interview process. Let me know in 2-3 weeks that they did not have a place for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what sets you apart from the other applicants. How should we remember you?   Answer Question

Graduate Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

I had an interview in october 2013. They had very straight forward question regarding my experience with softwares required for the position

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in September 2013.

Applied online. Next day received an email saying 'thanks for applying, but we are no longer considering you for this position'. Several weeks later received an email asking to call them if I was still interested. I called and the first impression was positive. A phone interview followed. Later a job offer came (without any additional interviews or ever meeting anyone in person). Hiring process seemed extremely atypical.

Interview Questions
    • No hard or tricky questions. Asked me to explain past professional experience, and why I became an engineer.   Answer Question
    They asked my desired salary range. They came back with a lower offer. Tried to negotiate for more.