URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

2.5

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2014.

First step was a phone interview that lasted an hour and consisted of medium difficulty questions about your current job and what you do in specific details. I Felt good afterwards and I got an invite to an onsite interview the following Monday.

Next was an onsite with the manager and we went over the same topics from the phone interview which was very easy until the director came in. The directors overall demeanor was completely opposite of the manager's which was difficult for me to quickly adapt to. His questions came fast compared to the managers conversational interview style. I quickly got nervous and found it difficult to answer his questions the way I was trained to answer interview questions. To pass this round of interviewing you must be very confident and an excellent interviewer or you will not stand a chance here.

I didn't receive an offer or a response after my thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • what would your current managers say about you?   View Answer

Piping Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in December 2013.

Applied online and got a series of emails to fill out questionnaires on my background and work experience. 2 weeks following that a call scheduling a phone interview with the Head of the Mechanical Engineering Dept. and the head of the Piping Engineering Division. about a month after that got an email saying another candidate had been chosen. Interviews were all very easy, minimum questions asked. Interviews mostly consisted of explaining what the job would entail and asking if I was up to the tasks and hand, explaining how I would get started, what was expected of me, etc.

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Panel interview with specific questions concerning environmental permitting, sampling, and testing.

Not much negotiation

Scheduling Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in November 2013.

First got an email asking for more information. Then had a phone interview and a week later was scheduled for face to face interview.

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Submitted resume online; Two weeks later, HR contacted me via email to setup phone interview with a VP of Data Management; One week later, a 30 minute phone interview with the VP and an aviation employee took place. From the very beginning, they were only interested in my aviation background, as I do have other pertinent industrial and academia experiences relating to this position. Amazingly, they "dug" for information specifically about the company's proprietary aviation datasets, main project details, and mostly about government funding as if they weren't interested in "me" but just about my prior company's "status". They deviated away from the job description entirely (i.e. GIS support on environmental and civil projects) - asking about my aviation background only and no other industrial experiences; We briefly spoke about my atmospheric-flight data integration work. They cut me short on discussing my prior accomplishments and also added distractions while I spoke (see below). The distractions happened about 16 minutes within the interview and carried to the end.

What brought this experience to a clearly "negative" level was that the VP had an aviation employee next to him (for screening obviously) who noticeably chuckled and tried adding "gotcha" questions into the interview (demonstrating incompetence and unprofessional, childish behavior).

They never asked if I had any questions regarding their position, about URS, or why I wanted to work for them (it was purely one directional information gathering and they targeted my prior company). It was definitely the worst interview experience in my career, none of which I expected it to be moderated by a 20+ year URS vice president.

Interview Questions
    • Did you even work with any radar data? (sarcastic with a chuckle added)   View Answer

Construction Inspector/CMR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Hiring process was straight forward. Interviews were pleasant and didn't feel like there were any 'gotcha questions'

Interview Questions
    The contract was already set up and compensation and benefits were already in place. Being new to URS at that time, I felt the compensation was adequate for the position I held

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

First phone call with some basic question

Interview Questions
    they offer very low salary

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
    There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

I was rehired using a telephone and web-based application process. I had been laid off the previous year and a client requested that I be rehired to work on a project. So the local office cooperated and expedited the hiring process because I was needed immediately on the project.

Interview Questions
    • None - they had already decided to hire me. There really was not an interview. I just filled out the web application and attached my resume.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was hired back as a temporary at my old salary w/o benefits .

Maintenance Reliability Planner Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

1st phone: Preliminary HR type interview on background.(20 Minutes) 2nd Phone Interview with 2 technical experts to assess my depth of knowledge and field experience (45 Minutes to 1 hour). 3rd. In person meeting with the site manager, answering many questions on varied scenario 2 hours long, the 4th interview was with representatives of the customer company, "Meet and Greet to see if the customer might have any objections to me.

Interview Questions
    • Age related, as I am a senior adult. Their concern was retirement related and concern that my attention wouldn't be company focused enough.   View Answer