URS Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in May 2013.

Interview was easier than expected. HOD took the interview. Basic questions were asked. If you have basic knowledge of your subject, you won't find it difficult

Interview Questions
    • Why is NATM is preferred over conventional D shaped tunnels   Answer Question

CM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Meade, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Meade, MD (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at URS in July 2014.

Easy interview, one party was late, but I do believe I spoke to the wrong person who was one time regarding my past experience. He wanted his friend all along to get the job even though he possessed ZERO experience or knowledge about the job.

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

One interview. Great people, atmosphere, and benefits. Everything went smoothly from the interview to the hiring process, and new hire orientation. I enjoyed working for URS very much.

Graduate Planner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in July 2014.

Very straight-forward interview with the people I would have been working with. Don't over-prepare for trick questions like I did. Be measured and comprehensive. Chances are they are trying to gauge your communication skills and professional manner, not your specific knowledge. Be prepared to discuss accomplishments on your resume in a way that does them justice. I regret using the term "y'all."

Logistics Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

The initial interview was the only interview I needed to get hired. I simply went in well dressed with the attitude that I already had the job. I was asked a couple of minor questions about previous work experience. The one and only job related question I was asked was if I knew what an NSN was.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were just your normal run of the mill interview questions. Nothing too difficult at all.   Answer Question
    The pay and benefits package were so good who would need to negotiate it.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Haring was a lengthy process. There were two sets of interviews and the decision took several weeks. The interviews were conducted by several members of the team and were fairly routine.

No negotiations

Piping Design Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Very easy and relaxed. Spoke with a human resources rep. for a while then two different managers within the group I was interviewing for. There were not any gotcha type questions. We chatted for about 30-45 minutes and that was it. Got a call on my way home offering me the position.

No negotiation really, they ofered what I was asking for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in November 2012.

Straight forward focusing on technical knowledge and relevant experiences. Background check conducted including referral engagement. Interview conducted by HR and in-country manager. Friendly without being aggressive. Document checks to be expected for verification purpose. Filling up HR forms and process 1:1 takes about an hour.

Interview Questions
    Straight forward and within market range/demand

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at URS in October 2013.

The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
    There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

IT Coordinator/Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

I first received contact a week or two after first applying. The interview was performed by my direct manager and someone from HR. My position was through a staffing agency at the time and I only had 1 phone interview before I was hired. The process went quickly and I started within 2-3 weeks of my interview. I only briefly spoke to someone from the staffing agency during my entire 2 years of being contacted through them.

The process was fairly typical... "Tell me about a time you had to handle conflict..." "What are your strengths and weaknesses", etc... IT-wise, I was asked 5 very simple questions that most anyone in IT should know.... "Name at least 2 different methods of opening a command prompt", "What is an IP address starting with 169.254.x.x mean?", "Name some tools and methods to remove viruses", etc... Nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!