URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Water Resources Engineer
Gaithersburg, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Interview Details Initially the interview included a phone screen from the hiring manager and the human resources personnel. The next round included a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The third round included interview with 4-5 engineers from the group including other managers.

Interview Question – I was never really asked a difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. I asked for 4% more than what I was offered and they obliged.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details First phone call with some basic question

Interview Question – all basic online interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offer very low salary

Site Supervisor/Safety Adviser/Operations Interview

Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at URS in December 2011.

Interview Details interview was great, old school, by an awesome person who had worked there for 25 years, not like these retarded behavior based interviews by some dumb hr person, who has never worked. It has been said that the behavior based interviews weed out the good people, and actually hire people who should not have been hired.....

Interview Question – the questions were normal and the interview was great, and I in turn, did a great job!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate, once they make an offer, because then you know that they want you.....

Senior Inspector Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Usually first you get interviewed by the client. If the client likes you then URS HIRES

CAD TECH ( Junior ) Interview

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details Was initially turned down in ONLY interview.

Interview Question – Describe best and worst work related issues.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Analyst Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?

Interview Question – Came over from Apptis, so no interview. Did a lot of hiring for Apptis, so the question most asked was, "with your experiences, what can you bring to the table in filling this position"?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details HR phone screen, then group interview, then one on one interview, then drug screen.
Yes, for a marketing position.

Negotiation Details – Too many people involved in the negotiation phase. I felt pressured to say yes.

Project Engineer Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details I was referred by a former employee. I presented a top tier resume package for the positions I was interested in, had productive screening conversations with HR and Sr. Management, had excellent interviews, and a couple weeks later received a job offer. I compared the total package with the other offers I had received, and chose to go with URS based on diversity of market, future growth potential, stability and reputation.

Interview Question – What would you do to help us maintain the schedule of this project given x,y,z occurs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. I knew my market value, and I knew what the company's perks were. I had great interviews, so I basically named my salary.

Senior Planner Interview

Senior Planner

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Was a temp, submitted my resume, was hired within a week. No reference checks.

Interview Question – Can you start today?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I came from out of state in 2005 for another job that didn't last. I was unemployed for a year, idle and broke. They offered me fair market value for my experience with no questions. I was stupid because I could have bargained for more but times and circumstances being what they were, I made a good deal.

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details Applied to an online open position. Contacted by HR assistant and scheduled for a telephone interview and then a face to face interview

Interview Question – How much salary you are looking for   Answer Question