US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in May 2010.

The company is trying to figure out if you meet the critiria. If you has the applicant fits the mode. There will be alot of questions geared towards that. You need to be available to work any day, weekends and holidays including, and hours. This is something they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to be honest about your availabilty. If there is any stimulations in your availablity you will not be offered a job.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation regarding the pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Recruitment/Interview: Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I just left the Recruitment/Interview Day for US Airways and felt I now, too, can add my experience. Before today, I've read every single persons input and applied it to my expectations....well if you have read others you'll see that there some order: introduction in front of large group of people, do seated/over reach, Survival activitiy....
    I guess the recruiters switched up the whole scheme of things for what ever reason.
    First off, every single recruiter was very nice and welcoming, not intimidating at all. Friendly and humble...
    So we went in, were sat in Cafeteria...and naturally we All started just being social towards eachother "where are yooou from? :) all the while the recruiters watched but as if they were just chillin' waiting for 'something'. SO we never did intros bc of THAT. They got to see if you were naturally friendly and engaging.
    Then we went into a conference room. Coffee/water refreshments. Asked to leave our things as they take us to do an exercise: sit and put on belt & then the over reach . Then back in room they THEY introduce themselves and show company video blah blah blah. Then heres what shocked me: one of the instructors tell you everything you need to know about what base they have: Philly, Pheonix, DC and NC- thats it! She tells you about Compensation and breaks it down, in conclusion she told us all the honest truth about being an FA, especially not in your hometown base, you have to commit to moving there if your not an hour away. And THE RECRUITERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION to leave if you feel you cant commit to the lifestyle change or stay...I left. Im from NYC and would prefer to be based by home. So please do not freak out about the process. Its fun. Everyone is cool---and dress code is not that strict. Just dress BUSINESS CASUAL look presentable and be friendly, its so easy with everyone, you wont have to force it and you dont get a fake vibe from anyone---im usually very hard and judgemental about things, but this experience wasn't a waste. Hope this eases some people's anxieties. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • How is everyone this mornin'? (Seriously) lol   View Answer

There was no base close to home and I refuse to relocate.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

So far it has been an open house and a screening call to make it to the interview which I will have in two days. It is for the customer service agent position out of Greenville, SC. If I get the position then I will have three weeks of training either in Charlotte, NC, Philly or Phoenix, AZ. They fly you to and from each week, pay you your wage and give you a per diem. Not to shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with 8.50 an hour? To this I had to say yes, because not only do you have unlimited standby flying time, so does your family and some extended family.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

I applied and was asked to give a video interview two days later. The video interview wasn't bad at all in my opinion it was pretty easy. They asked questions such as how do you handle a difficult co-worker? A couple of months later I was asked to attend a recruitment session in Charlotte,NC. I was prepared to give my 1 minute speech, wore my high heels for the reach test, they also wanted you to work in group for a simulated crash. The thing that surprised me most was they ask all the women to take off their shoes for the reach test. When I didn't pass the reach test I asked how far was the emergency equipment in the cabin? Both flight attendants pretty much ignored me. One FA said she's not sure how far back the equipment was. This response surprised me because in an emergency situation why would the equipment be so far back in the luggage cabin And in the year 2014 what is the need to ask women to take their shoes off Especially when they can wear high heels. I'm 4'11 and a 100 pounds, so I didn't think height would be an issue. I highly doubt in an emergency situation an FA will have their shoes off!!!. If height was a requirement then they should state that in the requirements. The reach test was what really upset me because I didn't even get a chance to go through the full interview process. I guess my word to the ladies is be prepared to take your shoes off.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

At the in person recruitment day, you should have prepared your one minute speech (you don't have to use up the whole time) about the qualities of a great flight attendant. I believe this is the determining factor. They want to see that you aren't nervous, can speak and present yourself professionally. It's not necessarily being super outgoing, you just need to have this comfort and calm in public speaking.

Some of the advice on here said to not stand out so much. Don't try so hard. But you can still be talkative. Three of the ladies that were picked chit chatted a lot. They were a little aggressive in the group activity.

It comes down to personality. There's just that something that the recruiters are looking for. Overall, confidence in public speaking is key.

Interview Questions
    • None at recruitment day since I wasn't picked to stay for one on one.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in June 2014.

Applied online, after a month I got a call for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a f2f interview two weeks later. The interview was at Oakland airport with two people. They both asked simple questions about my work history and past experience. I believe the interview went really good since I knew what to expect from past airport interviews. It has almost been two months and still have not heard anything. I check online and my profile still says under review. I have not received a rejection email so I don't know what to expect.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!