US Department of Health and Human Services

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Specialist Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the position via USA Jobs in March 2013. I was contacted by a manager via e-mail at the end of October 2013, requesting an updated copy of my resume and my availability for a phone interview. A few days later I had a phone interview with a manager, I later received a phone call from another manager stating that I was referred to him for a potential job opportunity within his division. I had a phone interview with him the very next day and was offered an in-person interview which took place early November 2013. The in-person interview consisted of 3 interviews with the manager and two of his staff members. Each interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. The manager stated that he was going to consult with his team and contact me with a decision by the end of the week (November 2013). I had not heard anything about the job so I followed up with the manager and was told that there was hang up in HR and that he would get back to me regarding next steps. I received a few e-mails requesting updated documents. I received my tentative job offer March 31, 2014. The process took one year from application to receiving the offer.

Interview Question – The interview questions were based mostly on my experience so there were not any difficult questions. I did answer a few behavioral questions like "What would you do if you received an assignment from two different people, how would you prioritize it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Student Extern Interview

Lawton, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview Details No interview process was conducted. Internship occurred during the winter break between semesters. Informed of hiring via phone call after application was reviewed

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in August 2010.

Interview Details The application was lengthy. I received a follow-up call for an interview a month later. I went in for the interview in professional dress. They gave me an option to do my interview at either office location (a real plus in my book). The questions in the interview were pretty standard. What is your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength? Tell me about yourself. Etc.

Interview Question – The only question that seemed not "textbook" was how would you react to having your audit report come back with a bunch of edit marks and suggestions? I believe my answer to this question landed me the offer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It's a government job. Everyone is treated the same.

Travel Coordinator Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in May 2010.

Interview Details The job started with a phone interview the was grueling. this was through ahead hunter 3rd party service. they grilled me like I was on trial. The in person interview was held the next day with the person who conducted my phone interview and the person that I would actually be working.

Interview Question – Whats your weakness?   Answer Question

Office Automation Clerk Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in November 2009.

Interview Details I want to commuicate my co-worker, focus my work and perform all my work assignments.

Interview Question – I want to ask questions about my work assignments.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My instructors will travel train and follow my instructions from my instructors.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Analyst IV Interview

Systems Analyst IV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview Details Small one hour interview with fixed set of questions from a sheet

Interview Question – Mostly pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

IT Liaison Interview

Interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview Details Submitted resume and filled application.
For called for interview.
Interview friendly no hard questions.

Interview Question – When could you start.   View Answer

Deputy Director of Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview Details I was recruited by the Secretary. First interview was with the White House Liaison, then I interviewed with one of the Secretary's Senior Advisors. After that I interviewed with two Assistant Secretaries and the Director of another office with an opening. The final interview was with the White House Liaison to determine which office would be the best fit.

Interview Question – Most difficult question related to internal policy issues with which I was not acquainted.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was about which GS level I would start at. It was fair, and quick.

Staff Auditor Interview

Monterey Park, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in October 2011.

Interview Details I got the the interview through their college campus recruitment through the career center's job board. I was a selected candidate for an entry-level staff auditor position. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes in the morning. They were looking for candidates with interpersonal skills, some audit experience, and technical writing skills. They had asked me to describe my past experience in those three areas. I had illustrated my interpersonal skills by telling them about my past experience of gathering business requirements from numerous stakeholders for projects. I had also elaborated on my auditing skills as I have completed an information technologies compliance audit. Finally, discussed the aptitude of my technical writing skills from my past experiences creating internal control procedures, documenting business processes, and variance reporting for senior management.

Interview Questions

Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in June 2009.

Interview Details Online application, followed by a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Department of Health and Human Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Health and Human Services interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews are posted anonymously by US Department of Health and Human Services employees and interview candidates.