USAA

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

2.8

Financial Foundations – Auto Insurance Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA.

The Interview process with USAA is by far the best I've ever experienced. I was referred by an employee and was contacted within a week to start my assessments. The assessment all together took about a hour to complete. Once the assessments were complete I was contacted by a recruiter who was amazing! He really took the time out to get to know me and answered all my questions. The interview questions mainly consisted of; "explain a situation where you encountered a difficult patient, and how did you turn it around?" and "explain a situation where you had to sell a product."
    After my phone interview I was given a date for my final interview and instructions on how to complete my background check.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were difficult in my honest opinion.   Answer Question

SDI Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Staffing personell will call you for a quick interview and overview of the position. Depending on the group, you will have a panel interview which includes personal and technical questions.

Life and Health Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at USAA.

Took 1 week after applying online too take 1 hour long phone conversation interview with recruiter.
    Met for formal face to face interview with two managers for an hour discussing experiences that apply. Did role play selling cell phone, try to close it! Member centric and its a sales job so showcase dialogue techniques to selling appropriately.

None

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Initial phone interview from HR, then she called back and set-up a second phone Interview with hiring manager, then I received email and set-up on-site interview with HR and two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to stay within the "swim lanes" and focus on one piece of campaign management?   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview Question types:

Behavioral
    Situational: tell me a time when...
    It is the STARS Model of interview questions.

You are also given a scenario on a mock family and asked the following:
    What 5 questions would you ask
    - you are then given additional information and asked:
    What are 3 recommendations you would provide.

Sell me this pen.

You get to speak with a representative in your role; however, they are trained on responses. The old expression in the industry, make them drink the koolaid.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions where you have to provide specific examples   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

The initial interview was with a recruiter. A day later I had an interview with the mortgage processor managers. The managers asked basic interview questions and were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time something didn't go the way you had planned it to.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

applied online...received email to do an assessment...got a phone interview...was scheduled for manager interview the next day...still waiting on a yes or no. Interview was not to difficult. Was one person and she was very down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • All were mostly situational questions where she wanted to the know the problem, how i attempted to fix it , and how it ended up.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

well they took a long time to get back to me, and first it was a phone interview which was very casual. after the interview was over it went well so they asked for me to come in. In the actual interview i was first taken on a tour of the campus and then sat down in a small office off to the side. it was very official. they asked some broad questions like, "name a time where you have marketed something?" which thinking about it was really hard because there's a lot. all it all it was fine.

Interview Questions
    • explain a time you had to take lead in a team to get something done?   Answer Question

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    • I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Specialized Member Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Online, online assessment, phone interview, on campus interview with HR and Department Head. There was also a computer simulation with handling a service call, making the correct choices and navigating the customer service computer program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer relations situation that you turned around.   Answer Question
    • When providing service, how do you identify and present other sales opportunities? Give a specific example.

Then they introduced a role playing situation, where you worked at a cell hone store and asked, "How would use a cell phone service situation to turn it into an upgrade or sales opportunity?"

Answer Question