USAA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
296 interviews

2.8

Total Loss Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email to take an assessment. I took the assessment which involved a typing test and personality questions. It was pretty easy to me. I was notified that I had passed and was scheduled for a prescreen interview. I was asked about my job history and behavioral questions. Use the STAR Method. Next I was scheduled for an onsite interview. I had to complete a drug test and also Background check. I went to the interview and I was very comfortable. The Manager did an ice breaker which allowed me to feel comfortable. The questions were behavioral not as many questions as thought and the interview lasted almost an hour. Make sure you know about the company , mission statement and core values. I was told I would be contacted next week. Overall, great experience. I say just be yourself , be prepared to answer questions dealing with customer service experience and know the company. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Member Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at USAA in May 2010.

This was an internal promotions, there was three interviews and the selection process took approximately two weeks; The interviews were with the hiring Director, Assistant Vice President of Operations, and the Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Do not expect to be asked a lot of question dealing directly with the job. Most of the questions are dealing with ones ability to think and communicate.
      Tell me about a time when you had to unexpectedly had to modify your plans at the last minute.
        Answer Question
    Open discussion

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at USAA.

The interview was very fast paced and after a quick "get to know you" segment, a duo of managers will ask you how you'd overcome objections and build value for someone whom doesn't quite want to buy a product from you. They'll even do a brief role play scenario where you'll have to sell them a cell phone (what I got personally, but I've heard of people having to sell pens). Basically they just want to see how you can perform on the spot and overcome the objections provided. It's all about understanding what they need and are looking for. Really plays well into the actual job too. USAA is very member-centric and while there are sales numbers you're expected to meet (but not fired if you don't), they'll never pressure you to push something unsuitable.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you've had to stand up to your manager or overseeing body?   Answer Question
    Did not have much room to negotiate due to my lack of financial background as compared to other applicants who had 5-10 years.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Senior Mortgage Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2012.

Quick and efficient Interview process - First Interview with a recruiter, Then next interview with Hiring Manager and/or Director. Hiring process includes Background, Credit and Drug test so the overall process can take up to 6 weeks before the offer is received. The background is the most time consuming part.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty Standard interview process, many scenario based questions. Come prepared to discuss past scenario's relevant to behaviors required to be successful in the position.   Answer Question
    Straight forward negotiation phase - If at all possible try to counter once presented with the first offer, be sure your counter is within reason of what's an acceptable salary for the position.

Customer Sales and Service Representative-Auto Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa Palms, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I got a phone call from a recruiter at USAA, the phone interview went well and I was moved on to the next step which is meeting with a hiring manager. The interview was very cold and rigid, they asked me ridiculous amount of questions and as I was answering them you could tell they were not satisfied and in the end told me to go on their website and look at some videos of current employees ( LIKE I CARE). There were 2 managers and they were both extremely unfriendly and seemed totally bored with their job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were criticized by your co-worker or a supervisor, what was the situation and how did you resolve it? I said I was never criticized as a matter of fact I was promoted in my past jobs but they flat out said everyone makes mistakes so have a moment to think about a situation. I was put on the spot and had to make one up. I find that absolutely ridiculous.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

The interview process is pretty smooth and straight forward. I am transitioning from the military to the civilian world and I have to say that I am pretty impressed with USAA. I had a telephone interview and the interviewer was very pleasant and easy going. It lasted about 40mins. Immediately after the interview I was invited to do an on-site location. The face to face interview was pleasant also. It lasted about an hour and a half and included a tour of the entire complex. Just waiting on the results now!

Auto Adjuster III Interview

I was contacted approximately 3 weeks after applying for the position online for an interview. The experience was terrible!! The recruiter would schedule a day and time for a phone interview, but never called. I left several messages for her, but she never answered or returned my phone call. There were a total of three scheduled interviews, and she failed to contact me or answer the phone for all three. I checked my application status online, and learned that I was no longer being considered.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA.

I am in the interview process stage. First you fill out the application and wait for your status to be updated. Once the status update becomes "interview in progress". You will need to fill out a different application, and then take assessments. The first assessment is knowledge based, then personality based, then finally you take about 5-7 practice call center calls. (Not using real customers).

Interview Questions
    • Completed First interview with HR. Questions: what is your availability? Can you offer a quiet/distraction free work area in your house? Are you available for training in Killeen? Tell me about your work experience?   View Answer

Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Phone interview was pretty basic, then in person interview with mostly situational questions and a chance to go over questions you may have. Two managers interviewed me as well as the rest of the people in my training group.

Interview Questions

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!