Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2014.

They got my profile from some recruiting website and the interview was straight forward with a technical round which lasted 1 hour and 30 min and then a test and a technical round after that.

Interview Questions
    • About memory management-> everything related to this topic   View Answer
    Salary is bit of a downside in Ubisoft India studio but you are building games ;)

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

1-2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
    QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions
    • Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   View Answer
    • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question
    fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Only one interview was needed for the position. It consisted of multiple questions. First ones were rather general like saying a few things about me, how I would fit in the team, etc.
    I was then asked if I had any experience for the position I was applying for, what I thought an average day would be like and what tasks I would have to accomplish. Nothing hard.
    The key is to have confidence in what you say and back up your arguments with examples.
    Working as a team is key for this position, so please do NOT say you like working alone ! You probably won't be taken seriously from there on.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me was concerning the salary. Saying too much would be presumptuous and saying too few would make me lose an opportunity of getting as much of it possible. I said my performance would speak for itself and avoided the question. Turns out I got a bigger number than anticipated.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

After applying, I have been invited to the screening interview. Everyone was nice, it was a typical screening interview about my background, the project and my career goals. Afterwards, I have been given a technical test. The test was appropriate for the applied position.

The HR has been very nice and have been replying immediately. The process took several weeks.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Took a long time: initial phone interview to filter out bogus candidates. Then a technical interview, then interview with immediate superior + HR drone. Process took about 4 weeks. It did not help that it was during summer, I understand that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all processes involved during initial boot of a server   Answer Question
    I negociated my holydays more than my pay itself. I did get what I wanted but it took some talking; they were initialy not inclined to give me what I wanted until I walked out of the negociation; they then came back with an agreement on what I've asked.

Tools Audio Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft.

initial short call from HR to know expected salary, why interested, etc. Then 2 programming tests, one on audio programming and one on general c++ programming. I think I took too long on the general test, I took like 3hrs when it was limited to 2hrs... in any case my performance on that test wasn't good enough to get an interview

Interview Questions
    • audio programming was quite basic, e.g., what is an audio sequencer, what is pro tools. Not really any programming questions in that one. For the general tests, assembly questions (which I ignored), some c#, and some general math/3d questions, like how many vertices are required to be rendered when a game is streaming with a given refresh rate and the player is moving at a speed of X m/s yadayada (pretty sure I bombed that one lol).   Answer Question