Ubisoft

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2014.

They got my profile from some recruiting website and the interview was straight forward with a technical round which lasted 1 hour and 30 min and then a test and a technical round after that.

Interview Questions
    • About memory management-> everything related to this topic   View Answer
    Salary is bit of a downside in Ubisoft India studio but you are building games ;)

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in April 2014.

Fast response. Had applied in their portal. Qualified the written design test but messed up in the telephonic round. Time for the written test was 24 hrs. Telephonic round was tricky. Hard to concentrate on who was asking the questions. Was interviewed by a panel on 3. One was a foreigner. Within 7 days I got a mail which said my profile is on hold.

Interview Questions
    • how do you explain the developer the game mechanism of your game?   Answer Question

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

1-2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
    QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions
    • Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   View Answer
    • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question
    fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Art Director Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft.

I was grown into this position after starting as a 2d concept artist. I was hired after graduation from college.

No other things to say. I was a inexperienced at the time and HR took advantage of it

I had no negotiation power as a junior 2d concept artist

Student Ambassador Interview

Filled out an application that was online. 30 minute phone interview, and found out in a week about acceptance to the position. All questions asked were expected, no curve balls.

Assistant Chef De Produit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

This is my experience of interview for an internship. First meeting with HR and the Chef de Produit. They explained the mission and I introduced myself, background and experience. Second interview with the department manager who askee more about my hobbies and why do I want to join Ubisoft. I am not a hard player but they didn't seem to have a lot of problem with that. It's probably because of the game I was going to work for - a dancing game without much strategy like other games from Ubisoft.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you like to dance? Are you afraid of dancing in front of other people?   View Answer