Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2014.

They got my profile from some recruiting website and the interview was straight forward with a technical round which lasted 1 hour and 30 min and then a test and a technical round after that.

Interview Questions
    • About memory management-> everything related to this topic   View Answer
    Salary is bit of a downside in Ubisoft India studio but you are building games ;)

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

1-2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
    QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions
    • Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   View Answer
    • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question
    fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Event Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Initial meeting with a HR very professional. Second with another HR manager who was also very pro. Interview with my future manager- very casual one. Interview with N+2 ( manager of my manager ) totally cool and fun.

Interview Questions
    Salary - had a good one at the time

Junior Game Tester Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ubisoft.

A contact from the company passed my resume along to Lead and HR
    During the interview, there was a test + interview
    After the interview, it was about 1 month before I got more information from them regarding the hire
    General perception of the company was laid back but knew what they were looking for

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult bug you had ever encountered and how you tackled it   Answer Question
    Make sure you are aware of how much the position would pay so as to avoid any nasty surprises or disappointments

Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Sent my resume and got a interview, followed by a test. After being shortlisted, went down for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What game have you played recently, which mechanic do you like and how would you change it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

They ask the kinda of questions that we see in any best-seller interview books. They also use the kinda of techniques described in these books such as you said one thing and they noted it and waited half an hour to ask another question related to this detail just try to mix you and totally disturb the interview logical progression.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do in your leisure time ? (Actually, I am not even sure that it is a legal question)   Answer Question

Worked for Ubisoft? Contribute to the Community!