Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune) in July 2014.

Interview

They got my profile from some recruiting website and the interview was straight forward with a technical round which lasted 1 hour and 30 min and then a test and a technical round after that.

Interview Questions

• About memory management-> everything related to this topic   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is bit of a downside in Ubisoft India studio but you are building games ;)

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune) in April 2014.

Interview

Fast response. Had applied in their portal. Qualified the written design test but messed up in the telephonic round. Time for the written test was 24 hrs. Telephonic round was tricky. Hard to concentrate on who was asking the questions. Was interviewed by a panel on 3. One was a foreigner. Within 7 days I got a mail which said my profile is on hold.

Interview Questions

• how do you explain the developer the game mechanism of your game?   Answer Question

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune).

Interview

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to ubisoft ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

1-2 weeks

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune).

Interview

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune) in June 2012.

Interview

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune) in December 2011.

Interview

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune) in January 2010.

Interview

Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
    QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions

• Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   1 Answer
    • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Junior Engine Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a phone call from the HR the next day. The following days I got two interviews with people from the HR and studio and team managers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my previous experiences, aiming to know what I was interested in, what I learned from my previous experiences and if I did something out of the studies that'd show my motivation.The interview was informal and delightful.   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I contacted the recruiter from Linkedin, a phone interview was arrange the next day. And for a big company it was really fast that an interview had been arrange on the following week. The recruiter is cool and do reminds me on stuff that I should take note on the actual interview.

At this point I am still waiting for my last interview.

Senior Backend Web Developer ABU Dhabi Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment company. Took two weeks to get an interview call from the recruitment company. Technical interview was scheduled with the lead developer in Abu Dhabi. But on the interview day, it was again with HR person in Abu Dhabi. Again technical interview was scheduled after two days. First time, I observed a 1 person interviewer in a big company. Usually it is a panel. And the interview lasted for 10 minutes, only 3 questions. Looks like the interviewer did not want to process the interview. And its been two weeks and no update yet.

Interview Questions

• Background, PHP design patterns (especially where to use singleton pattern), php profiling   Answer Question