Ubisoft

Very Difficult Interview

Game Tester Interview

Game Tester
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2008.

Interview Details i applied online.There was a preliminary screening process

Interview Question – most interesting game?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – dont know why..

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Interview Details First step was a short conversation via phone. Step 2 and 3 were consisted in two tests(one test for game culture and second a technical test for level design) sent via mail.
Next steps were the technical interview and HR interview followed by benefits negotiations via email.

Interview Question – Why, as a girl, I decided to follow a career in Level Design   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the medical/health plan.

Game Tester Interview

Game Tester
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

Interview Details 1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Interview Question – Didn't have difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Localization Project Manager Interview

Localization Project Manager
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Interview Details Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
- Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
- Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
- Another HR Interview
- Interview with potential Manager
- Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
  • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Associate Gameplay Programmer
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

Interview Details After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Network Programmer Interview

Network Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2011.

Interview Details Apply and did test for one position, but was hired for another.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Bad, staff didn't response for a long time. Didn't reply for emails and phone calls.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in November 2011.

Interview Details Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Question – We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   View Answer

Artist Interview

Artist
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2009.

Interview Details Sent my Cv through website and was contacted a few weeks later. After a phone interview, I went to the office for a 1:1 interview. A few days later I received the offer.

Interview Question – What is the thing you would change/improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2011.

Interview Details Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   View Answer
  • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

International Product Manager Interview

International Product Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2011.

Interview Details They asked a number of questions not directly related to my position, it showed they were not aware of what a product manager's role was:

Why did the last product you work on not sell 20 million copies?
How can we get our next product to sell 20 million copies?

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – they were behind in their hiring process and I didn't want to wait around unemployed for 6 months.