Ubisoft Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014
51 interviews

Community Manager EMEA Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I first applied online after a few weeks I heard back from them and was asked to have a phone interview with them. Had that about a week later, a day later I was asked to come to an in person interview at their office. Then after a week they sent me an email it was a no, there was another better suited candidate.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I applied online on a dedicated site. I was then contacted by HR for an interview. My first interview didn't get me a job, but they recommended me to another team, and I finally got hired.
    You have two interviews: one with the HR (personality, company presentation, advantages, etc.) and one with your future lead (techniwal evaluation, personality, teamwork capability)

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to answer a video game culture question in English. Which can prove difficult for french people   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I interviewed a long time ago - things surely changed in the meantime.
    There are now tests involved and what they are after is a very trained, logical, structured person.
    Make sure you built some mods, built some levels and understand the basics of game design - rules, sign&feedback, etc.
    Search the internet for the Ubisoft Design Academy courses. I remember a Gamasutra article - that might help.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to design something - so make sure your design patterns are clear and progressive.
      If I might seem like i talk nonsense - welcome to the design world :)
        Answer Question
    I had very little choice at that time and I got a small salary - but the journey was fun.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2008.

i applied online.There was a preliminary screening process

dont know why..

Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

First step was a short conversation via phone. Step 2 and 3 were consisted in two tests(one test for game culture and second a technical test for level design) sent via mail.
    Next steps were the technical interview and HR interview followed by benefits negotiations via email.

Interview Questions
    • Why, as a girl, I decided to follow a career in Level Design   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the medical/health plan.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
    - Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
    - Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
    - Another HR Interview
    - Interview with potential Manager
    - Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
    • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Network Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2011.

Apply and did test for one position, but was hired for another.

Interview Questions
    • Somethings about ASM language, however, I said I don't know it at all!   Answer Question
    • What are advantages of XBox business architecture.   Answer Question
    Bad, staff didn't response for a long time. Didn't reply for emails and phone calls.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in November 2011.

Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   View Answer