Ubisoft

Updated 22 Feb 2015
Updated 22 Feb 2015

2.9

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in February 2013.

I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annecy (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annecy (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft in February 2013.

2 phone interviews, one with HR and then with studio production team, and then followed by an on-site interview. On-site was over half a day and introduced me to the direction group and team I would be working with. Standard interview questions and very friendly.

Able to negotiate start date, salary and relocation

Junior Software Developer Interview

Their recruiter contacted me and arranged an interview soon after. After a few more interviews I received the jobs. It took them a week to send an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given numbers 1 to 100 in an array a random number was replaced with 0. Find the which number it was in constant time (100).   View Answer
    I did not negotiate anything. was too dumb.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft.

3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft in October 2012.

I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
    I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

I got a better offer.

Community Manager EMEA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft.

I first applied online after a few weeks I heard back from them and was asked to have a phone interview with them. Had that about a week later, a day later I was asked to come to an in person interview at their office. Then after a week they sent me an email it was a no, there was another better suited candidate.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft.

I interviewed a long time ago - things surely changed in the meantime.
    There are now tests involved and what they are after is a very trained, logical, structured person.
    Make sure you built some mods, built some levels and understand the basics of game design - rules, sign&feedback, etc.
    Search the internet for the Ubisoft Design Academy courses. I remember a Gamasutra article - that might help.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to design something - so make sure your design patterns are clear and progressive.
      If I might seem like i talk nonsense - welcome to the design world :)

Answer Question
    I had very little choice at that time and I got a small salary - but the journey was fun.

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
    - Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
    - Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
    - Another HR Interview
    - Interview with potential Manager
    - Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
    • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

BI -- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in May 2012.

2 interviews. 3 and 4 persons. 1 person from HR on 1st interview, people from the division, and one higer up in 2nd interview. No catch-question. I felt an honest desire to find out if there was a good match or not. Lot of technical technical questions on first interview. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. They were more casually dressed than me. Nobody dresses formally there, really (Montreal). Nothing to complain about.

Interview Questions
    • Some random question from the HR girl. But the other ones seem to make the decision anyway.   Answer Question