Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

It was an on campus recruitment which started with an online application submission, followed by group discussion, a team activity and 2 rounds of interviews. There was shortlisting after the application submission and the group/team rounds.

Done quite professionally. They tend to like young grads vs people wiht more experience and prefer women.

The interview rounds allow you to make your point with the interviewer focused more on listening.

Interview Questions
    • They check creativity and application of learning to live problems. Expect short marketing caselets and some off beat situations.   Answer Question

Packaging Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in October 2010.

Interview was taken by a panel of 2 persons. Both were technical. One was playing a part of HR. Interview was conducted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    In HUL pay package is fixed based on band. No negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in September 2008.

They were 5 rounds of interview.1.telephonic round to check my work experience and time i can join the new job. 2. one to one with manager I would work with for IQ test.3.Test of excel to check skills on systems.4 Interview with chairman. 5. background check.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced with your team mates and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced concerning your job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    It was not easy to negotiate on salary. But since the co was good and employee friendly salary didnt matter much. Salary they offer is alway in par with industry

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

As I was a referral, the process was rather easy and quick. After they received my CV, I received a phone call from HR to make an appointment for a telephone interview. During this telephone interview I was asked some basic interview questions: why do you want to work for Unilever? Why did you choose marketing? Why not anything else?. After successfully rounding up the that interview, I was invited for a face-to-face interview. Very chilled and relaxed experience with some basic and out-of-the-box questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which part-time job do you remember the most? And why?   Answer Question

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

applied through school, first round was behavioral and skill test, after that was called to corporate office where the second round happened, they declared I was hired and gave the offer letter right away.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

After completing online shl tests I had a telephone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not care much about my answers, but more about asking all the questions written on his/her list. My replies were followed by "mmm, okay" all the time. Can't call it a proper interview or a nice talk.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were like "tell me about the case, when you had to..."   Answer Question

Supply Chain Projects Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Positive experience overall. Helped reading through reviews already completed. Applied online in response to job advert. Telephonic interview with HR, 1 on 1 interview with person I would be reporting to. Did not hear anything for a while and almost 3 weeks later got offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly questions with regards to my experience and how this relates to what is expected from the job. All 'describe a situation when...' type questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

1. Online application, with around 7 short essay questions. Tip: Give context but be concise
    2. Math and logic test
    3. Phone interview (20 minutes)
    4. Half day assessment centre - 1 individual case presentation, 1 competency interview, 1 group case discussion. Tip for case studies: Stay calm, think logically and substantiate your answers with facts.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   Answer Question