Unilever Interview Questions

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Unilever.

It was an on campus recruitment which started with an online application submission, followed by group discussion, a team activity and 2 rounds of interviews. There was shortlisting after the application submission and the group/team rounds.

Done quite professionally. They tend to like young grads vs people wiht more experience and prefer women.

The interview rounds allow you to make your point with the interviewer focused more on listening.

Interview Questions
    • They check creativity and application of learning to live problems. Expect short marketing caselets and some off beat situations.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in September 2008.

They were 5 rounds of interview.1.telephonic round to check my work experience and time i can join the new job. 2. one to one with manager I would work with for IQ test.3.Test of excel to check skills on systems.4 Interview with chairman. 5. background check.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced with your team mates and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced concerning your job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    It was not easy to negotiate on salary. But since the co was good and employee friendly salary didnt matter much. Salary they offer is alway in par with industry

Packaging Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in October 2010.

Interview was taken by a panel of 2 persons. Both were technical. One was playing a part of HR. Interview was conducted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    In HUL pay package is fixed based on band. No negotiation.

Global Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

There were 3 steps to the process - one phone interview with the HR, one interview with the hiring manager, and one interview with the director. In addition to that, you may be asked to do up a proposal for them if you lack in a certain skill.

The HR will email you first to arrange a phone interview. Please be in a quiet location for that.

Please do not be late for any physical interviews. It is a good idea to be prepared with any presentations that showcase your relevant skills, whether in a portfolio or displayed digitally. Having contacts inside Unilever helps a lot as well as they can give you more advice.

Everything is done professionally in a relaxed environment, with the HR being very prompt in follow-ups.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time where you anticipated a customer's needs and carried it out.   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself at the end of your career?   View Answer

Graduate Role Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever.

Telephone Interview after applying online, online tests were easy enough if practised, long application online as there were four questions to answer and they also wanted the entire CV written out in their own way. Interview was extremely structured, the interviewer seemed to want STAR answers and really specific things rather than a conversation. The leadership requirements they talk about have one question each which they tell you which one they are aiming at before the question.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in January 2010.

1st step: Online test
    2nd step: one on one interview
    third step: Assessment center of about 7 people

for the online test practice GMAT, and other online aptitude tests. One one one interview looks to check your fit for the role, spoken English, confidence normally done by a consulting company.
    Assessment center has about 7 or 8 people, it has about 2 group work exercises, 1 case study and then a one on one interview normally grueling, takes a whole day normally 8am to 8pm this is to check energy levels of participants so you must not look tired at any point in time.

Interview Questions
    Entry level salary was fixed

Finance Interview

lengthy online application and a few online tests.
    after that skype interview which asks a lot of questions to determine behavioural but also how you think.
    asked about leadership, why you want to work their, problem solving etc.

Demand Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

I was recommended for the job by an employee, the job was not publicly advertised.
    I had to pass two interviews, all the Supply Chain managers participated in the process even if they were not the direct manager of that position.
    It was simple discussions type interview based on my work experience and how I would respond in different work situations. At the end, they gave me some graphs and numbers to analyze – real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a real work case, where you had to apply your math skills in order to solve it.   Answer Question
    They offered far less then I was asking for, and there was no room for negotiation. They were not transparent about the real benefits and conditions they offered,

Maintenance/Engineer/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raeford, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raeford, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

One entire day of multiple panel interviews.
    I should have been informed of their dress code. I was over dressed and needed to wear extra protective equipment.
    Two of us (candidates) were processed together on the same day. We attended an opening meeting, lunch and closing meeting together. The panel interviews were held separately.
    I never heard anything back from anyone!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, standard and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

Although the vast majority of questions at a Unilever interview are general competency questions that could apply to any or all of the graduate programme streams, there may also be some more role-specific questions such as:

Which brand's marketing strategy do particularly you like and why?
    What do you know about this business area (eg financial management)?
    What would you do if a major Unilever customer was out of a product?
    As no specific degree is required for programmes other than research and development, you’re unlikely to be expected to have in-depth technical knowledge; instead, questions of this kind are more focused on finding out how you think through problems.

Interview Questions
    • Approach to take: This is a very important question, as Unilever’s graduate development programme is designed to train future leaders. The interviewer will be trying to determine firstly what you think makes a good manager, and secondly whether you fit the bill. If you have any prior management experience, this is a good time to highlight your achievements, but even if you don’t it’s an ideal opportunity to explain what you consider your best qualities in a more general way. How does your excellent attention to detail impact your ability to manage people? Do you have strong diplomacy skills that have helped you deal with a leadership position in the past? Think about occasions where you have taken the lead, whether on an academic project, in a university society, or even among your friends or family. Remember to include details like how you went about delegating tasks, and how you dealt with any conflict between your teammates.   Answer Question

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!