Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

It was an on campus recruitment which started with an online application submission, followed by group discussion, a team activity and 2 rounds of interviews. There was shortlisting after the application submission and the group/team rounds.

Done quite professionally. They tend to like young grads vs people wiht more experience and prefer women.

The interview rounds allow you to make your point with the interviewer focused more on listening.

Interview Questions
    • They check creativity and application of learning to live problems. Expect short marketing caselets and some off beat situations.   Answer Question

Packaging Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in October 2010.

Interview was taken by a panel of 2 persons. Both were technical. One was playing a part of HR. Interview was conducted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    In HUL pay package is fixed based on band. No negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in September 2008.

They were 5 rounds of interview.1.telephonic round to check my work experience and time i can join the new job. 2. one to one with manager I would work with for IQ test.3.Test of excel to check skills on systems.4 Interview with chairman. 5. background check.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced with your team mates and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced concerning your job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    It was not easy to negotiate on salary. But since the co was good and employee friendly salary didnt matter much. Salary they offer is alway in par with industry

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After the online application, there was a telephone interview, then an assessment center followed by a final one-to-one interview. The assessment center is basically a group of interviews (about 8-10 people) sitting together discussing a business case. The case I encountered was a new product launch.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment center may be the most difficult step for Unilever interviews.   Answer Question

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

It was straightforward with hiring manager and peer.
    It was for a contract position and they have shared much about the job and it was transparent.
    They were friendly and provided a good image of the Company and I was happy to receive the job offer.

It was a contract position and I thought it was a good offer.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I talked to them at my campus career fair and then was asked to an interview on campus. I didn't think it went very well but I was called the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you when you have no supply chain experience?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

They basically took you into a room with two people and interviwed with basic behavioural questions. They also had a small case study, 2-3 weeks until they tell you the result.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the most interesting piece of news you have seen about unilever?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

HR Screen, Phone interview with hiring manager and in person interview with four sr. managers across various business units. Very situational based questions.... tell me about a time. They also asked questions about the total company portfolio, which was challenging to prepare against a wide array of brands

Interview Questions
    I should have negotiated more on the base salary.