Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Initial call then a detailed mail regarding interview is sent. Then interview is conducted as per schedule and then again mails regarding the updates is sent. All the Recruiters and interviewers keep you at ease and give all the related information before hand. Generally 3 rounds of interview would be there and the interview would be very structured.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions were asked and an individual is suppose to think that he or she would do even they they have never been in that situation.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Good very supportive, 5 people panel, very structured and honest approach. They genuinely want to hire good candidates and wiling to go the extra mile for that. Very good experience. They are not there to show that they are better than you but interested in you and what you know.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Manager Interview

Interview

Group discussion, and then three rounds of interviews with senior management personnel. Tough questions asked, regarding academics and on ethics. Lot of discussions and sharing of views during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Initial hiring from campus was on basis of CPI and 10th ,12th percentage.Thereafter 2 interviews were conducted.The questions were mostly from power plant engineering ,with primary focus on boiler,pump,compressor and vapour compression as well as vapour absorption cycles.Some questions were asked from condensers and heat exchangers too.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I got call from consultant regarding opening for this position. I am having all experience which are required for his position. First round of interview was telephonic . they reverted me within 2 days for second round of interview face to face via VC. Unfortunately they could not connect to VC so my interview happened Skype. I got call after two days that the position is closed now , and please rate HUL for interview process.

Interview Questions

• what was the tuffest work and decision u took in your organisation?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever (Calcutta) in August 2014.

Interview

1. Shortlisting on the basis of CV and a filled up form of their format. Form included all academic and extra-curricular details and had 3 HR question (also mainly asked in interview)
        a. Describe a challenging situation where it was seemingly impossible to perform and how did it
             go?
        b. Describe a situation where you faced a moral problem when asked to choose from two
             seemingly correct choices. What did you choose and why?
        c. Describe a situation where you faced difference of opinion from ur co-workers or people under
            you and how did u manage to make them understand your view-point?
    2. 1st round of Interview (For me it was semi-technical & semi-HR)
    3. 2nd round of interview (Purely Technical)

Interview Questions

• In first round : first introduction and then family background, then Fav. subject (I told Machine Design). The interviewer asked about Gears, Types of them, Places of Application, Draw worm Gear. Then Bearings, their uses, Specification and some questions on couplings (More or Less Basics).
      Then question regarding my answer to their HR question in the filled up form, I was told to justify the answers and I did.

In 2nd round: Purely technical with various aspects of machine design (Fav. Sub.). Then questions on automobiles, gear-drives, Torque-inertia related questions from automobile.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

Interview

The shortlisting was done on the basis of cv and gender followed by personal interview. While many boys with much better academic record failed to qualify , many girls with much simpler profiles qualified due to the companies female recruitment policy.

Interview Questions

• They were asking pretty basic questions inspite of it being a purely non-technical job. The interviews were going on for about 30-40 minutes at the beginning followed by 5-10 minutes at the end. Finally the selected only girls and mainly from the end. I was not able to answer a question, however i consequently realised the explanation provided by the interviewer was completely wrong.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Unilever (Delhi) in August 2014.

Interview

They have searched me by naukri.com. They have 4 steps for complete interview process. i just qualified telephonic round. Skype interview was difficult, too much technical and behaviour based questions. They bombard you with questions, until your brain gives up and your confidence becomes null.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy, the moment you answer one, they ask you next thing related to it, and next.. until a point where you break.   Answer Question

Research Executive (Bangalore RnD) Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring agency, The process took more than a month. There were 3 telephonic rounds followed by 2 interviews at the site. Questions were very technical - regarding my chemistry projects in college and internships. They expected a good understanding of materials (in my case). The interviewer made me feel comfortable and helped me reach the answer when I was a bit befuddled.

Interview Questions

• Both close-up and pepsodent use silica, then why is it that one of them is transparent and the other is not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever (Bangalore) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring agent. Went through 3 rounds of interview, 2 functional and 1 HR. Interview was mostly around testing my functional knowledge and leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• None as such. I didn't find any of the interviews difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered above my expectation.