Unilever

Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.1

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in June 2014.

I was contacted by a hiring agent. Went through 3 rounds of interview, 2 functional and 1 HR. Interview was mostly around testing my functional knowledge and leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • None as such. I didn't find any of the interviews difficult   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered above my expectation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

It was an on campus recruitment which started with an online application submission, followed by group discussion, a team activity and 2 rounds of interviews. There was shortlisting after the application submission and the group/team rounds.

Done quite professionally. They tend to like young grads vs people wiht more experience and prefer women.

The interview rounds allow you to make your point with the interviewer focused more on listening.

Interview Questions
    • They check creativity and application of learning to live problems. Expect short marketing caselets and some off beat situations.   Answer Question

Packaging Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in October 2010.

Interview was taken by a panel of 2 persons. Both were technical. One was playing a part of HR. Interview was conducted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    In HUL pay package is fixed based on band. No negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in September 2008.

They were 5 rounds of interview.1.telephonic round to check my work experience and time i can join the new job. 2. one to one with manager I would work with for IQ test.3.Test of excel to check skills on systems.4 Interview with chairman. 5. background check.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced with your team mates and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • what is the most difficult situation you faced concerning your job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    It was not easy to negotiate on salary. But since the co was good and employee friendly salary didnt matter much. Salary they offer is alway in par with industry

SummerSupply Chain Interview

Telephone Interview - second round. Asked three questions with plenty of follow up questions. Interviewer seemed to want to know every bit of detail about experiences so be sure to know your answer inside out.

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

on campus recruitment process - took around 6 days to get an offer after having an on-campus interview.Questions were almost entirely behavioral and all straightforward. They asked about my life on campus, interests, interests in Unilever and in marketing, heavy on asking what questions I had about the company and position, when I have had a difficult time working with others and overcome it, and interviewers were funny and down to earth.

no negotiation

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Worst interview I've ever had with any company during the university recruiting season. I made past the first round of on-campus interviews and was invited to do a Skype interview with someone from the company. The recruiter called me a few days later saying that I moved on for the superday at the office. That same night, about an hour later, she called again saying that it was a mistake and that I was actually on the "waitlist." She apologized and PROMISED that she would let me know the next day whether or not I had moved on... except it's been two months now and I still haven't heard a single word from them - not even a rejection.

If the HR is any representation of the company then I would rather not work at Unilever.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an executive decision quickly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

There were an online test, a phone interview and an assessment center. At the assessment center, I went through an interview, a individual case presentation and a group discussion. Interviews mostly involve behavorial questions. It will definitely help if you have your stories ready.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above what was expected of you to help someone.

What is your favourite brand/ campaign?

Answer Question
    • Name your favourite superhero   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Very calm, the interviewer made me feel at ease. Timings for the case study are very difficult. A tour of the building and facilities was also included. We stayed at a hotel the night before to meet the other candidates and graduates. My advice is to study the main points of the case study carefully.

UFLP Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Unilever.

Online application --> Aptitude test --> Phone interview --> Assessment Centre --> Internship (12 weeks) --> Fast tracked offer --> Assessment centre
    AC consisted of 1 general case, 1 function specific case (marketing), 1 group case and 1 competency-based interview