Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

3.1

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. People were nice and very positive

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you encounted conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Global Brand Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Usually for low levels there is a full assessment process involving multiple candidates (4 or +) and assessors (4). For more experienced people it is the usual multiple interviews with directs and indirects (HR) future co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions per se, apart from competencies for immediate job success, the interviews/assessments objective is mostly for checking if the candidate will fit well form a behavioral and cultural perpective.   Answer Question
    Standard conditions as entry level marketer.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Unilever.

applied through the career fair at my school, was contacted about a month later for an interview. pretty standard interview, nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    • what will the biggest challenge for you be when you come into the working world   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Knowing an internal connection will help

Summer Intern Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed with HR Director and questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you as a summer intern and what are going to be your contributions.   Answer Question

Sustainable Sourcing Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2014.

Initial communication - Recruiter messages on LinkedIn for the position. I mailed in my CV for an initial discussion and understanding of the role
    Initial call with recruiter - Roles and responsibilities, current compensation, expected compensation, reporting structure discussed. I was told that the profile has been put up for consideration, and next call with the Director is to be scheduled in two weeks.

There was no acknowledgement of the email after the initial call, nor was there any response for a follow up email two weeks later. After another follow up, I got an email saying they have other candidates, and my application is no longer under consideration.

My view is that they already had a candidate in mind, and they just sought out other resumes. Not a transparent selection process.

Interview Questions
    • It was only an initial call with the recruiter. They did not even schedule the next call as promised.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever.

After application was contacted within two weeks and invited for an interview at HQ. Was a very friendly, competency-based interview to assess how you react in certain situations (e.g. when have you had a situation where you've been overwhelmed with work and what did you do, or have you ever experienced a difficult situation with a colleague and how did you handle this).

Two weeks after the interview I was invited to the assessment centre. It was a full day of interviews, group exercises and business challenges. It was a long and difficult day, but was interesting none the less.

The whole application process was very efficient and friendly, and really showed they care about those people applying for positions.

Interview Questions
    • Business case about assessing a company's current HR situation and how to improve upon this.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Applied on website, then was invited for in person interview. Asked basic questions, more like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle someone taking credit for your work?   Answer Question
    I am still waiting on a phone call.

Unilever Marketing/Customer Development Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever.

I applied to the internship through university career services and on-site recruiting. Applicants were notified if they were selected for an interview within 5 days of the application due date, interviews were two days later. Four people were selected for an interview. I was selected for the position and was notified the next day verbally. I was contacted by HR three days later with the formal offer and had a week to accept (deadline seemed flexible).

Marketing Assistant Intern Interview

Applied through campus job portal. Heard back quickly that I was accepted for an on-campus interview. Two interviewers at the same time switching off asking questions and marketing activity at the end - analyze magazine ads for their effectiveness.