Unilever

Updated 18 Jan 2015
Updated 18 Jan 2015

3.1

Marketing/Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Recruiter was very on top of scheduling initial interview. HR took longer to respond as it got closer to the notification date. Overall, HR department was very helpful and kind throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all behavioral. Interviewer mentioned "buyer's reaction" or a term similar to that at one point.   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer DevelopmentProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

Attended information session at university I attend and then applied on my college career site with my resume and cover letter. I also applied on the Unilever website. The interview was so laid back and really easy. Very conversational and they only asked me about 3 main questions and it felt like most of the time they opened up for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your favorite brands and why? What classes have you enjoyed at college?   Answer Question

Marketing and Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in November 2014.

I applied online in late October. In mid November, I was emailed about setting up an interview. Because the position is for the Cincinnati location and I live in Cleveland, the interview was via Google Hangouts. I was interviewed by a member of the Customer Development team as well as a member of the Marketing team. Questions were standard, interviewers were friendly and the process went smoothly!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the relationship is between marketing and sales?   Answer Question
    Their pay is high enough that I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

As I was a referral, the process was rather easy and quick. After they received my CV, I received a phone call from HR to make an appointment for a telephone interview. During this telephone interview I was asked some basic interview questions: why do you want to work for Unilever? Why did you choose marketing? Why not anything else?. After successfully rounding up the that interview, I was invited for a face-to-face interview. Very chilled and relaxed experience with some basic and out-of-the-box questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which part-time job do you remember the most? And why?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

After completing online shl tests I had a telephone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not care much about my answers, but more about asking all the questions written on his/her list. My replies were followed by "mmm, okay" all the time. Can't call it a proper interview or a nice talk.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were like "tell me about the case, when you had to..."   Answer Question

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

applied through school, first round was behavioral and skill test, after that was called to corporate office where the second round happened, they declared I was hired and gave the offer letter right away.

Supply Chain Projects Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Positive experience overall. Helped reading through reviews already completed. Applied online in response to job advert. Telephonic interview with HR, 1 on 1 interview with person I would be reporting to. Did not hear anything for a while and almost 3 weeks later got offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly questions with regards to my experience and how this relates to what is expected from the job. All 'describe a situation when...' type questions.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

1. Online application, with around 7 short essay questions. Tip: Give context but be concise
    2. Math and logic test
    3. Phone interview (20 minutes)
    4. Half day assessment centre - 1 individual case presentation, 1 competency interview, 1 group case discussion. Tip for case studies: Stay calm, think logically and substantiate your answers with facts.

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   View Answer