UnitedHealth Group

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

2.8

SE Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Hiring process is not streamlined at all. They will schedule the call but at call timings HR person will not open the bridge. It happened with me twice. Extremely slow hiring process. No communication from HR on rescheduling or cancellation of calls No value of employees time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Got a call for face 2 face. They took two rounds of Technical Interview. The interviewer was really impressed as he was looking for keywords rather than bookish answers. At the end, HR informed me that I have been selected and they will call/mail me. But, they never did. It has been more than a month since then.

Medical Coding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

i have attended the interview for medical coding analyst. the interview was pretty easy.. there was no hr round as such.. the hr was cool .he just asked me questions to test my medical knowledge, anatomy and physiology .. he emphasized on medical terminologies. you need to let them know if you are okay with night shifts. you can say no if you are not comfortable.

the ctc was very less

Quality Engineer - Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2015.

01. Though my friend was trying to get me an interview since last 3 months - HRs found my profile over job portal and invited me for Test Architect position for ETL Testing. This position is meant for people with 10 years of experience and at least 5 years in ETL Testing. HR mentioned that my candidature was exact match for the requirement.
    02. I went to the UHG campus and attended the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • 01. There is no such pattern/principle for the mode of interview. I don't blame the org here. But i can understand the company trusts their employees discretion about judging the candidates. Sure UHG can improve here i believe.   View Answer

IT Quality Analyst Interview

It was a very smooth and good process.It tool 2 weeks for me and everything was fine.Will ask others as well to join.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

There's written test before the interview. Written test has questions from Core Java, RDBMS, SQL.

Interview was mainly on core java concepts and RDBMS.

Questions:

Difference between array list, vector.
    Parse a file.
    How Maven build system works.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Cleared 3 rounds of interview @ UHG, Gurgaon and HR told me that you got selected and will get back to you for salary discussion but they never called me.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Interview was good... First round was technical which had very good questions..second round was managerial cum technical..more of the decision making related questions were asked...third was HR which happened to be telephonic. which was more of a negotiaton one..

Interview Questions
    ok..But they didn't give what I was expecting

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

- Contacted by hiring agency, who informed about face to face in Gurgaon.
    - Earlier a manager from Hyderabad called to conduct the initial interview.
    - For second round, Reached the location at 9:30, when the interview was supposed to start at 10.00 am and no one could be seen around till the last moment. The HR strolled in at 9:55 am.
    - The Person who was supposed to conduct the discussion, wasn't even aware of the Job description. I was asked to show the Job description.
    - Interviewer claimed he was a business analyst, but a faded t-shirt and jeans along with hoodie jacket didn't gave the best impression. Interviewer looked tired and only at the end , I came to know that he was working 1 pm -1 am shift and hence looked tired.
    - Job description was of business analyst, but they wanted a technical Architect + Database administrator. The word "business analyst" was misleading. Questions ranged from "how is Oracle different from teradata" to "SQL tuning".
    - Job description was miseading had mentioned "Candidate must be willing to work with the team based in US". That doesn't qualify for 1 pm - 1 am shift. 9pm-10pm is the max, the overlapping should be done.
    - Overall negative experience. They are planning to move the business analyst jobs from US to India, but they themselves don't understand that business analyst in US are much more competent than the counterparts in India. The accent issue is one of the biggest problem and people who have experience in working in US should have been given preference than someone who is more technically sound. Business analyst are only the liaisons between different teams and need to have good personality and interpersonal skills.

Claims Associate Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

interview process was easy they were four rounds of interview 1. face to face 2. aptitude test 3. typing test 4. ops. round.
    it was an average interview.
    questions asked in the interview were very common and expected
    ex; why UHG?