UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.8

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

Interview process involves technical and managerial discussion. They mostly have support projects and want people to work on shifts. Technical discussion is good grilled all basics in Java and technologies worked on. Managerial round involves technical discussion and managerial questions. Hr round in not professional,they are not flexible in notice period.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hi I am done with the interview process got completed technical and managerial rounds and salary discussion also. But still i didn't get the offer, HR team member told me that offer is on hold.. i don't what happen still now..?
    but i am still getting the calls from different consultancies..

Interview Questions

• explanation of project, basic fundamentals.. and more question related to project and SQL questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana) in March 2015.

Interview

I am posting this Interview Review because the process was horrible.
    Interview was scheduled by consultancy firm, scheduled time was 10:30 AM.

They only had 1 panel for a Saturday interview & candidates count was more than 50. Till 5:00 pm, that panel was only able to take 9 interviews till that time.

My number was 22 on that list so I left from there at 5 pm because they could have postponed it or have taken interviews till midnight.

Sensible advice is Don't go for an interview, instead go in organizations which treat you good atleast while recruiting :)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād) in March 2015.

Interview

Written - > Technical -> Managerial Round -> HR

Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer.

Process was tedious and long.

Written was Average to difficult depending on what you worked on in Java.

Technical was Easy - Medium.

Interview Questions

Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process took a day as was not managed properly. They called more than 600 candidates for interview due to which everyone's technical interview was done after 5 to 6 hours. They had called people from testing/ java and medical coding profiles. Interview was ok and results were quick.

Interview Questions

• String/String Builder/String Buffer- difference/ which is faster/ immutable concept
      Comparator/Comparable
      wsdl web services

Answer Question

SSE Interview

Application

Interview

It was very very organised
    First was a written test that was supposed to be a test on java but contained stuff like rmi sqls etc.
    They did not consider the written test for the interview which was good as well as bad.

The first round of interview was very easy just the same core java stuff abstraction interfaces etc. A few wuestions asked on servlets. I would say it was not difficult

Second round was managerial round. The manager looked cool and ok. He asked no technical stuff.

After that came the worse part the hr round
    The hr would tell me I am earning more than what I am supposed to earn I mean what does that mean?
    After that he forces me to give a joining date of about 30 days when i had clearly mentioned that my np was 2 months
    He gave me only 25 pcnt hike which meant only 4-5 thsnd inc in in hand

At the end they gave letter of intent that meant they are intending to hire us but it was not an offer letter.

Time 11 to 8.30
    Hr and manager did not give clear details about project as they were hinting to put me in support project ehich had odd shift timing and require to work on Sat and sunday while currently my role is dev why would I choose support

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency and was called for interview in a week. There were three rounds in total. First round was telephonic interview on technical questions(datastage) from their office. Second round was face to face interview mostly concentrating on technical and managerial sides. Few days later I got a call from HR to discuss salary and the negotiation was easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered as asked and I accepted it.

Senior Quality Analyst (QA) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād) in February 2015.

Interview

It stared with 3 rounds of technical sections and one HR round. In technical rounds they were asking about project experience and also the frameworks that I have used in my previous project. First round was good as they were not asking much from selenium but in 2nd round it became tough as the guy was asking only technical related questions. It stared with 3 rounds of technical sections and one HR round. In technical rounds they were asking about project experience and also the frameworks that I have used in my previous project. First round was good as they were not asking much from selenium but in 2nd round it became tough as the guy was asking only technical related questions.

Interview Questions

• It stared with 3 rounds of technical sections and one HR round. In technical rounds they were asking about project experience and also the frameworks that I have used in my previous project. First round was good as they were not asking much from selenium but in 2nd round it became tough as the guy was asking only technical related questions.. It stared with 3 rounds of technical sections and one HR round. In technical rounds they were asking about project experience and also the frameworks that I have used in my previous project. First round was good as they were not asking much from selenium but in 2nd round it became tough as the guy was asking only technical related questions.   Answer Question

SE Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hiring process is not streamlined at all. They will schedule the call but at call timings HR person will not open the bridge. It happened with me twice. Extremely slow hiring process. No communication from HR on rescheduling or cancellation of calls No value of employees time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call for face 2 face. They took two rounds of Technical Interview. The interviewer was really impressed as he was looking for keywords rather than bookish answers. At the end, HR informed me that I have been selected and they will call/mail me. But, they never did. It has been more than a month since then.