University of North Carolina

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Interview

Interviewed at University of North Carolina

Interview Details Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation Details – I would like to work

Very Easy Interview

ITS Security Intern Interview

Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Question – I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Campus Visit Coordinator - Admissions Office Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2012.

Interview Details Called for an interview approximately 2 weeks after submitting an application through the UNCA HR website; the interview was conducted on-campus, with three committee members, two of whom worked in the admissions office. The committee members seemed bored, as though they didn't want to be there, and they seemed that way when I walked in the door.
Despite being told I would hear back in a week -- and receiving a very pleasant reply to my thank-you email that I would hear back within 7-10 days -- nearly two weeks passed without any word. I sent a follow-up email after the 10 days had passed and no reply. It left a poor impression on me of both the office and the institution that I found out through the staff website that an internal candidate had been hired, which is perhaps why the interview committee seemed so bored, since it appears they already knew whom they planned to hire, which made me feel as though they had disrespected my time. About a week later, nearly three weeks after my interview, I received a form letter from HR telling me that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Questions were not terribly difficult; mostly past experience related to the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview Details I was offered the teaching position as part of my graduate student package when I applied for graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I first received an email expressing interest in my academic credentials from my potential adviser, which was followed by a 40-minute phone interview with the same person about a week later. We had a professional albeit pleasant conversation discussing my reasons for going to graduate school. After the phone interview I was told that he would need to discuss the results with other members of the hiring committee. After about one more week, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What is the reason for wanting to go to graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill.   Answer Question

Night Assistant Interview

Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2013.

Interview Details You apply online and are asked to have an interview with you and the employer(s) (depending on department) and they are friendly and casual in their questioning.

Interview Question – What can you bring to help the team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received an e-mail that I got the position and was given the date and time for training.

University Cashier Interview

Interviewed at University of North Carolina

Interview Details Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interview Details Submit resume to PIs with potential openings

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview Details I had an in-person interview with the Chair of the Department. We spoke for almost an hour during which time he asked me about my education and background.

Interview Question – The question, what did I think of a particular author, was unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary at the time.

Director of Career Management Interview

Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in March 2012.

Interview Details I submitted my application on-line via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview with two people, I was brought in for a series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. After that round of interviews, I was brought in about a week later for another series of face-to-face interviews that lasted 4 hours. Each round of face-to-face interviews consisted of various panel members who were on the interview / search & selection committee. I receieved and accepted an offer the following week.

Interview Question – Specifically describe a one-on-one career counseling session you lead, and what the career outcome was for the participant.   Answer Question

A/R Manager Interview

Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of North Carolina in February 2012.

Interview Details I applied online.
A week later I had a phone interview with 2 people. The interview went well and I felt very comfortable with it.
After a week I had the second interview with two people. I really enjoyed more that interview because I felt better, but I had a feeling that they had somebody in mind.
After 2 weeks I have the rejection letter stating that other candidate has been selected, because I was very well qualified, but not as highly qualified as the candidate they eventually selected. She has about 20 years of A/R experience.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Carolina interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of North Carolina employees and interview candidates.